F-5E Dynamic Campaign: Desert Tiger 76

MBot

attachment.php?attachmentid=155597&stc=1&d=1485122038

Join a F-5E Tiger II of the 57th Fighter Weapon Wing at Nellis AFB, Nevada and participate in a 1976 offensive air war exercise against period Warsaw Pact air and ground threats.

Features:

• Dynamic campaign with a estimated length of over 50 mission
  • Fully integrated into the DCS User Interface
  • Single player or up to 4 player COOP
  • A variety of Air-Air and Air-Ground mission types
  • Persistent damage and resources tracking across missions

Download V1.05

Installation instruction in Read Me

Changelog:

V1.01 - 26.01.2017:

-Stats are tracked in coop play

V1.01b - 27.01.2017

-Replaced erroneous mission file

V1.02 - 07.02.2017

-Fixed unable to spawn in COOP with more players than just the host

-Used new F-5E skin

V1.03 - 22.02.2017

-Fixed wingman not taxing

V1.04 - 23.04.2017

-Added EWR site to Lincoln County Airport

-Made weather 100% clear, as clouds cause severe FPS drop

-Various small fixes and updates

V1.05 - 21.12.2017

-Updated to latest DCE version

Banner_Tiger.thumb.jpg.82864353382232cf967f9a0662f75d70.jpg

Desert Tiger 76 v1.05.zip

Edited by MBot
  • Like 5

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations with the release! Having played ~15 missions from the beta version, I must say this is excellent work. As far as hard it is to make anything dynamic in eagle dynamics environment, MBot made it possible.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Regarding the lua editing, would it not be better to copy the MissionScripting.lua to the saved games area of the installation, thus bypassing the need to edit the file after every update?

Just a thought...

An excellent addition to the module, so thanks for all the hard work.

Edited by NeilWillis
Typo eradication

Regarding the ;ua editing, would it not be better to copy the MissionScripting.lua to the saved games area of the installation, thus bypassing the need to edit the file after every update?

Frankly I haven't thought about that. That would be much more convenient. I will have to check if it works.

PD: Have some plan to "reconvert" Guardians of Caucasus campaign or some mission on caucasus similar to them?

No such plans from my side currently. Guardians would not be possible to be redone to the new standard. The new system works on the principle that every aircraft in the campaign is always existing in the game world, either in the air or on the ground. Since Turkey is not part of the Caucasus map, this would mean that for the Guardians campaign there are no NATO airfields available.

My plans currently are to put together the final Desert Fishbed derivative of this DC, play a bunch of missions to confirm it is in good order, and release it later this week. Then I will have a deep look at the Viggen...

Wait...are you saying that you plan on doing a dynamic campaign for the Viggen?! :D Is it possible within the constraints of your engine to do anti ship missions?

Tried the Desert Fishbed campaign yesterday. Awsome stuff! Landed on fumes on my last mission after trying to catch a high flying/high speed F-4 deep inside our airspace. I assume he was on a Recon mission?

Wait...are you saying that you plan on doing a dynamic campaign for the Viggen?! :D Is it possible within the constraints of your engine to do anti ship missions?

Actually the Viggen and the Tomcat were the reasons I started with the Dynamic Campaign Engine one and a half year ago. The first campaign is for the F-5E simply because it kind of cut in line :)

Anti-ship missions against static ships are already possible. I will have to write a naval module for the DCE to let ships move around and do worthwhile stuff, but compared to the complexity of a ground war this should be pretty easy. My first campaign for the Viggen will be in Nevada though and therefore not feature anti-ship missions. A more naval centric Viggen campaign will follow when we get a more appropriate map.

Actually the Viggen and the Tomcat were the reasons I started with the Dynamic Campaign Engine one and a half year ago. The first campaign is for the F-5E simply because it kind of cut in line :)

Anti-ship missions against static ships are already possible. I will have to write a naval module for the DCE to let ships move around and do worthwhile stuff, but compared to the complexity of a ground war this should be pretty easy. My first campaign for the Viggen will be in Nevada though and therefore not feature anti-ship missions. A more naval centric Viggen campaign will follow when we get a more appropriate map.

OMG! Just spotted this thread and wow, you made my year, MBot! Can't wait to check it out. Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Hi MBot,

Thank you so much for all your hard work, this is what I was waiting for in YEARS!

One question - In the campaign's description you mention, and I quote "Fully integrated into the DCS User Interface"

Does that mean that after each mission, it won't take you away from the main DCS app to display the log?

Thanks again, can't wait to try it out.

Awesome MBot! Flew a few missions last night and it worked as intended all the way. After 2 missions DCS crashed due to out of memory (I've got 16GB) while loading up the third mission. Don't know if DCS 2.0.4 currently have a memory leak or your mission "triggers" the leak somehow.

Startup times are a bit on the stretch. Most missions will have you spawned 15-20 minutes before takeoff TOT. Max 10 minutes would be more than enough.

Nonetheless, extraordinary work! 5/5 would recommend!

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

Anyone else running into an issue where they can't get into the jets? You join the slot but you are unable to actually enter the jet. We tried on 2 separate people hosting and no luck.

Have you tried to re-generate a new mission (with the .bat files)? Someone previously mentioned that this is related to DCS trying to put clients on parking positions occupied by AI. Frankly I haven't tested the MP aspects beyond basic functionality checks and I did not notice this problem. In SP I have encountered the bug a couple of times that two AI aircraft spawn into each other at certain parking positions at Nellis. Perhaps this problem is more pronounced in MP?

Startup times are a bit on the stretch. Most missions will have you spawned 15-20 minutes before takeoff TOT. Max 10 minutes would be more than enough.

I had to go for a compromise here, as this start-up time applies universally. If you park right next to the empty runway it will be plenty. But should you start at an airbase with 5 minutes to taxi to the runway and plenty of AI traffic, it will probably be needed. I figured better to have a few minutes extra than being late.

Thanks for all the kind comments so far. I am looking forward to reading some AAR soon :)