F-5E Dynamic Campaign: Desert Tiger 76

MBot

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah I regenerated a new mission 2x and also deleted out SLmod as I was getting an error regarding a script when exiting the mission. I thought that may be part of it. But alas no luck. Maybe I can just adjust the spawn location to a different ramp then after generating the mission?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z97-A/ i7-4790K/ Hyper 212 EVO/ 16GB RAM/ GTX1080 Strix OC/ Supernova 750/ X-55/ TiR

Yah I regenerated a new mission 2x and also deleted out SLmod as I was getting an error regarding a script when exiting the mission. I thought that may be part of it. But alas no luck. Maybe I can just adjust the spawn location to a different ramp then after generating the mission?

Ok, played around a little and now can reproduce the problem. I haven't seen it yet because I always use a different procedure. Everyone needs to select his aircraft before the host unpauses the mission. After 2 seconds of runtime your aircraft will spawn and you can enter the cockpit. If you try to select a slot after the mission runs, try to change aircraft or re-spawn, you will not be able to enter. I don't know why it is that way, but it works. Since this is for coop MP play, it should have no impact.

Well, I am completely puzzled right now. I am checking reports about no stats being saved in coop play and just noticed that the debriefing.log file after a MP mission is basically empty except for world state entries and a single "mission end" event. Are events not written to the log file in multiplayer? If so, you can basically forget about playing any of my dynamic campaigns in coop.

As mentioned I developed this primary with SP in mind. While this campaign was very extensively tested in SP, I never actually bothered to play a coop mission beyond spawning the aircraft, assuming that since the code is the same it would work without issues. If it now turns out that events are not being logged in MP, that is a huge bummer.

Hello I read the read me note and it says

2. Open the file "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\Scripts\MissionScripting.lua". Add two minus signs in front of line 16 "sanitizeModule('os')" and line 17 "sanitizeModule('io')". The code block from line 16 to line 20 should then look like this:

--sanitizeModule('os')

--sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

When I open my MissionScripting.lua I don't have that much line. Here what I got bellow, if I had -- in front it give me an access denied

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment

--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions.

--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.

--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)

_G[name] = nil

package.loaded[name] = nil

end

do

sanitizeModule('os')

sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

Thank you Mbot for your work I can't wait to try it

You need to modify your file to look like the following. If you get access denied, open the file as administrator.

You will also need to ensure that DCS is run as an admin.

Hello I read the read me note and it says

When I open my MissionScripting.lua I don't have that much line. Here what I got bellow, if I had -- in front it give me an access denied

--Initialization script for the Mission lua Environment (SSE)

dofile('Scripts/ScriptingSystem.lua')

--Sanitize Mission Scripting environment

--This makes unavailable some unsecure functions.

--Mission downloaded from server to client may contain potentialy harmful lua code that may use these functions.

--You can remove the code below and make availble these functions at your own risk.

local function sanitizeModule(name)

_G[name] = nil

package.loaded[name] = nil

end

do

--sanitizeModule('os')

--sanitizeModule('io')

sanitizeModule('lfs')

require = nil

loadlib = nil

end

Thank you Mbot for your work I can't wait to try it

All you will be adding is a total of 4 '-' characters.

Well, I am completely puzzled right now. I am checking reports about no stats being saved in coop play and just noticed that the debriefing.log file after a MP mission is basically empty except for world state entries and a single "mission end" event. Are events not written to the log file in multiplayer? If so, you can basically forget about playing any of my dynamic campaigns in coop.

I reported it last May, but never got a response..

You need to modify your file to look like the following. If you get access denied, open the file as administrator.

You will also need to ensure that DCS is run as an admin.

All you will be adding is a total of 4 '-' characters.

thanks for your reply Shavik, I don't know how to open a file as administrator. I know how to start the game as such but not to open a file. I am on win 7 :)

As mentioned I developed this primary with SP in mind. While this campaign was very extensively tested in SP, I never actually bothered to play a coop mission beyond spawning the aircraft, assuming that since the code is the same it would work without issues. If it now turns out that events are not being logged in MP, that is a huge bummer.

That would indeed really suck :(

A clarification (from a dev) would be really appreciated.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I imagine events are at least being thrown and can be caught in a handler. Worst case, you can create your own log file.

thanks for your reply Shavik, I don't know how to open a file as administrator. I know how to start the game as such but not to open a file. I am on win 7 :)

I use a few different text editors such as notepad, gvim, and notepad++.

For editing this file I used notepad++ and when I tried to save it, it said it would need to reopen as administrator to save.

I would think notepad would have no problem editing this file.

You'll know if you didn't run DCS as admin and needed to when you go to exit the mission and instead of the black window asking if you are happy with the mission outcome and the debrief window, you'll get a script error.

Hope this helps!

Did you allow all exports in the advanced server settings?

Right click on file, select "Run as Administrator"

Alternately, right click on file, select properties, and check the "run this program as an administrator" box in the "Compatibility" tab.

I don't have that choice when I right clic on the file nor on the properties its' not there.

A little update on the coop front. After giving this a night's sleep, I decided to write my own custom events log. I am not terribly happy about that approach for a number of reasons. For single player this unnecessary duplicates event logging and I am not sure about the performance impact this has (especially if you do such things as dropping cluster bombs on a city, or when aircraft bump into each other and create hundreds of hit events).

More importantly this replaces code that was extensively tested and debugged in SP and was confirmed to be working well, with new code that is largely untested. The event handlers are notorious for causing script errors in exotic situation which will again require countless hours of playtime to be discovered. I am sure this will still bite me in the butt with script errors down the road.

It sucks to drop established SP stability overboard to fix a MP problem that will only affect a small percent of players, but I currently see no other way to enable coop. It works so far...

A little update on the coop front. After giving this a night's sleep, I decided to write my own custom events log. I am not terribly happy about that approach for a number of reasons. For single player this unnecessary duplicates event logging and I am not sure about the performance impact this has (especially if you do such things as dropping cluster bombs on a city, or when aircraft bump into each other and create hundreds of hit events).

More importantly this replaces code that was extensively tested and debugged in SP and was confirmed to be working well, with new code that is largely untested. The event handlers are notorious for causing script errors in exotic situation which will again require countless hours of playtime to be discovered. I am sure this will still bite me in the butt with script errors down the road.

It sucks to drop established SP stability overboard to fix a MP problem that will only affect a small percent of players, but I currently see no other way to enable coop. It works so far...

That's indeed not an ideal solution, but a working coop would be really nice to have :)

Thanks for all the work you've put in this campaign and the entire framework! I really appreciate it :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You don't even get the debriefing.txt upon ending a mission? Can you post your campaign installation path?

No debriefing.txt at all at the end of the mission. Just the EXE saying Loading log please wait... (something like that) several times then a text appears and disappears to fast to be able to read it.

Thanks for your help.

923493017_Capturedcran(3).thumb.png.9ce4e85acafeb06db2dd6294a23a4ded.png

Edited by "Tumbleweed"

First post updated with V1.01 which fixes coop stats tracking. If you do not want to play coop, an update is not strictly required. [cross]If you want to update but keep your campaign progress, you can do so by only exchanging the Scripts folder.[/cross]

Fingers crossed...

Edit: Actually, regenerating the first mission and restarting the campaign is required. Better just download the whole thing again.

Edited by MBot