F-5E Dynamic Campaign: Desert Tiger 76

MBot

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBot,

V1.3 is awesome, although I have some difficulties to find Creech Fuel Tank and Barracs. I attacked the ones by the control tower but doesn't came out correct.

Is the flight plan accurate?

Tks in advance,

Sydy

MBot,

V1.3 is awesome, although I have some difficulties to find Creech Fuel Tank and Barracs. I attacked the ones by the control tower but doesn't came out correct.

Is the flight plan accurate?

Tks in advance,

Sydy

Did you hit these?

A good way to know where the targets are exactly is to open the map on the first screen just after lanching the campaign (where you can change your waypoints). If you look at the target waypoint you should see all the active targets precisely (when attacking bases at least).

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

Did you hit these?

Yep.

Managed to hit everything except one so far. MBOT, this is, by far, a very entertaining campaign!

Congrats@

All the best,

Sydy

Edited by Sydy

• 2 weeks later...
You mean begining a new campaign ? :(

Ok I will try !

No, this should not be required.

But you will have to repeat the MissionScripting.lua modification after each DCS update, as the files is repaired by the updater.

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up the F-5e and Nevada, trying this campaign out with a few questions/comments on the first mission.

For the first mission of the campaign:

1) Why is there no SEAD flight, yet there are AA defences at all corners of the airbase you are to bomb?

2) The F-5 CAP flight in the three attempts at the first mission I have tried have fallen to the Mig21s each time, is this normal?

3) The results I am having are that we do get bombs on target generally leaving the airbase at 61%, but the primary package flight is generally downed by the Anti-Air and the CAP is downed by the enemy Mig21s.

4) Is there benefit to bombing the enemy runway?

Curious on others first mission performance, or what my expectations should be for the first mission.

Thanks for the campaign, excited to keep at it.

1) SEAD flights will only be assigned if there is a treat of radar guided SAMs. Creech is only protected by SHORAD, which any attack on the airfield has to face (attacking the SHORAD directly would probably result in the same amount of losses as attacking the primary targets themself).

2)3) Force ratios for each mission are highly dynamic. It is possible that they are unvaourable in the current instance of the first campaign mission. Subsequent missions might be different.

4) Unfortunately bombing the runway has no effect, as this is not logged by DCS.

1) SEAD flights will only be assigned if there is a treat of radar guided SAMs. Creech is only protected by SHORAD, which any attack on the airfield has to face (attacking the SHORAD directly would probably result in the same amount of losses as attacking the primary targets themself).

2)3) Force ratios for each mission are highly dynamic. It is possible that they are unvaourable in the current instance of the first campaign mission. Subsequent missions might be different.

4) Unfortunately bombing the runway has no effect, as this is not logged by DCS.

Thanks for the quick reply, I will keep at it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally been able to give this campaign a go and have to say that I'm honestly loving it.

I've run into two issues that I don't think are necessarily campaign related, but have only run into while flying the campaign.

First: on one mission I had a centerline mounted drop tank and 4x mk-82s. The tank ran dry just as I was entering the target area, so I opted to jettison it before I made my attack run (figuring it would make pull out and evasion easier). I selected the centerline station, jetissoned, and the tank happily fell away. I turned the stores jetisson off, selected stations for the bombs and set up for ripple release, set fusing, and everything else just like I always do. I made my attack run and pressed the pickle button and.... nothing happened. I pulled off target, re-checked my settings (in fact turning everything back off and going through setup procedure again just to make sure I didn't miss anything), and when I re-attacked I had the same result - they refused to drop. My wingmen were able to do some damage to the target but I was not.

In another mission I set my sight manual mode and started adjusting the depression of the reticle only to find that it stubbornly remained fixed. Again tried turning the sight off again and back on and same result. I made my attack run anyway and tried to compensate but unsurprisingly missed the target.

I'm loving the campaign though - and these oddly add to the immersion a little bit.

Enjoying the campaign, though I initially had trouble creating it or finishing a mission without critical scripting errors. Giving DCS.exe, luac.exe, and luae.exe admin privileges fixed the problems. Have seen some taxi collisions and had radio problems that I suspect are a 'feature' of DCS itself at the moment.

Two questions: Is there any chance of being able to change the playercount in mid-campaign. For that matter, if I start a 4 player campaign, will unfilled slots be picked up by the AI if there aren't 4 humans for a mission?

Also, I'm super excited by the idea of a viggen campaign. Is that still in the works?

Enjoying the campaign, though I initially had trouble creating it or finishing a mission without critical scripting errors. Giving DCS.exe, luac.exe, and luae.exe admin privileges fixed the problems. Have seen some taxi collisions and had radio problems that I suspect are a 'feature' of DCS itself at the moment.

Two questions: Is there any chance of being able to change the playercount in mid-campaign. For that matter, if I start a 4 player campaign, will unfilled slots be picked up by the AI if there aren't 4 humans for a mission?

Also, I'm super excited by the idea of a viggen campaign. Is that still in the works?

Yep, playing the campaign coop this evening we also had no radio contact with either allied flights, ATC or AWACS. And we had AI taxing into us and blocking each other, preventing multiple flights from taking off. That is simply DCS. A dynamic campaign is naturally very dependent on AI and unfortunately, AI in DCS is simply awful.

There is a trick to change player number mid-campaign. Open the file "\Status\camp_status.lua". Find the variable "coop" and adjust the number as appropriate (between 1 and 4). Then run "SkipMission.bat" to generate a new mission with the new data. If you set it to 4 and play with 2 only, the 2 remaining slots will remain vacant. If you set it to 2 and you happen to fly in a flight of 4 aircraft, the two remaining aircraft are filled up with AI.

The Viggen campaign is currently on hold due to AI problems. Unfortunately DCS seems unable to handle the Viggen's low level mission profile.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to version 1.04 in first post with some smaller updates and fixes. Probably no need to update and restart if you have a campaign ongoing, but if you want to start a new one better pick the latest version.

• 2 weeks later...
did anyone change this to play it with the Viggen and is willing to share the file?

MBOT is working on one:

"A dynamic campaign for the Viggen is 99% completed and ready, but waiting for some elemental bugs to be fixed"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3084010&postcount=64

LP

modules:

F5-E / A4-E / A-10A / AJS-37 / SA-342 / UH-1H / Ka-50 / Mi-8 / CA

would buy:

OH-58 /AH-64A / AH-1 / Sepecat Jaguar / F-111

• 2 weeks later...

Hi MBot,

I have a couple of questions, sorry can;t figure that by my self:

- when hosting the campaign in MP do I always run Desert Tiger 76_first.miz or I should switch to Desert Tiger 76_ongoing.miz after the fist mission is done?

- If I want to run 2 copies of campaign - one for MP, and one for SP - can I just install a second copy into a separate folder and rename all references/filenames so that there is no a conflict? What I've done is - I installed it as "Desert Tiger 76 (SP)", and then renamed .cmp and .miz files and changed references to them inside .cmp.

Thanks!

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base