Ground targets very difficult to spot in VR

ayousry

Hi guys

I hv the CV1 and my DCS settings are fxaa 4x , msaa 4x, pixel 2.0 , model large

And still i find it very hard to identify targets on the shuval, and model enlargment has no effect

Is there anyway to get around this problem , a MOD for example to enlarge the models a bit

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they will improve that in 2.X version of a game, for now best advices are:

-Checking briefings(usually they give you hint where ground targets are)

-If you play multi, ask other players to guide you to ground targets or ask where they are

-Look for tracers

-Using your own eyes can help but that takes time and experience

-In single use your wingman to find targets

-Press F10(sometimes targets are marked on map)

-Use Shkval(that TV)

Experience comes with time, so be patient, practice on multi(ask some more experienced people on servers or here to fly with you).

Hard to see targets

Maybe labels turn on.

But i think it is a Big problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

I think they will improve that in 2.X version of a game, for now best advices are:

-Checking briefings(usually they give you hint where ground targets are)

-If you play multi, ask other players to guide you to ground targets or ask where they are

-Look for tracers

-Using your own eyes can help but that takes time and experience

-In single use your wingman to find targets

-Press F10(sometimes targets are marked on map)

-Use Shkval(that TV)

Experience comes with time, so be patient, practice on multi(ask some more experienced people on servers or here to fly with you).

Thanks for the tips bro , i am not new

I carry out missions in 2d , but in VR its much harder to find targets specially if u want to identify the target before firing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check the controls options. There are different label commands for air/ground/naval units etc., so apart from setting them "on" in game options, You have to hit the correct key combination (only once I believe?) when playing the mission.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

If labels are on (and not forced off by the mission) they default to be active at mission start. You need to toggle them off via commands if you don't want to see them.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

• 4 weeks later...

You can zoom in vr, im quite staggered more people dont know about this.

Just set it up in options menu, and you can spot as good as on standard hd monitor.

Note as well if you are properly briefed, you shouldnt need to overly identify the target either. Pre flight prep is very important, but again something alot of people dont do.

Edited by Deathbane

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!