Tactical Targets in Blue Flag.

lemoen

Hi All,

Now that the Viggen's release is imminent, we'll be in a situation where Red and Blue will have 3 capable tactical strike aircraft (M2000, M29, Su27) and B(F5, M2000 and Viggen). Are there any plans to add tactical ground targets?

I'm thinking along the lines of a set of hangers at an airbase where 'very useful ammo' (maybe vihkrs, mavs or SAR missiles) is stored and when destroyed denies the enemy the use of those weapons from that airbase until a repair crate is brought, say. Currently the ammunition never runs out, effectively.

At the moment the ground war is totally skewed towards CAS and tank plinking and our fast jets are only useful as dogfighters and interceptors.

I feel more variety and extra strategic options would take Blue Flag to the next level.

I've noticed in recent times they have expanded here already, the fuel dumps and bunkers at airbases provide this, not sure that much more is needed as it is also connected to the fuel supply of the airbase?

Hi All,

Now that the Viggen's release is imminent, we'll be in a situation where Red and Blue will have 3 capable tactical strike aircraft (M2000, M29, Su27) and B(F5, M2000 and Viggen). Are there any plans to add tactical ground targets?

I'm thinking along the lines of a set of hangers at an airbase where 'very useful ammo' (maybe vihkrs, mavs or SAR missiles) is stored and when destroyed denies the enemy the use of those weapons from that airbase until a repair crate is brought, say. Currently the ammunition never runs out, effectively.

At the moment the ground war is totally skewed towards CAS and tank plinking and our fast jets are only useful as dogfighters and interceptors.

I feel more variety and extra strategic options would take Blue Flag to the next level.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I was trying to use mirage(flying low) to take out SAMs and then get away but AAA killed me easily. I'm not sure if it is possible to use a mirage for this task, maybe with tossing.

However it would be nice to see some strategic targets +1 for the ammo thing as we only have fuel now(right?).

Other somewhat off topic question: Can the su-25t buddy lase for the mirage? Or helos with "laser troops"?.

However I think balance is the worst issue but no one cares about it, blues have some "workless"/non-EU timezone guys playing 8vs0 all day.

I was trying to use mirage(flying low) to take out SAMs and then get away but AAA killed me easily. I'm not sure if it is possible to use a mirage for this task, maybe with tossing.

However it would be nice to see some strategic targets +1 for the ammo thing as we only have fuel now(right?).

Other somewhat off topic question: Can the su-25t buddy lase for the mirage? Or helos with "laser troops"?.

However I think balance is the worst issue but no one cares about it, blues have some "workless"/non-EU timezone guys playing 8vs0 all day.

Yeah, I set up a mission for myself to practice hitting the bunkers. The 4 excellent level Shilkas are crazy effective at low level. Tossing (using INS bombing) is difficult, the bunkers are small and need a direct hit from a mk82.

You can drop a JTAC Humvee from a helo but you cannot specify the targets it must lase first, it chooses the nearest target first. Also, I don't think the SU25 can lase for the mirage. The A10 can, however.

My best lone wolf strategy so far is to fly at 25k+ ft with the M2000 and then drop Mk82 (dive bomb) onto the bunkers, 4 at a time with minimum spacing. You need to know where the bunkers are because you probably won't see them from that high. You'll be launched on by the SA-8 and SA-3 but its doable like half the time.