Force Feedback - Which device(s) do you use?

Force Feedback - Which device(s) do you use?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Force Feedback - Which device(s) do you use?

• Logitech G940
    • MS FFB2
    • Other (please specify)
    • No FFB Device

Gametrix end production of Jet Seat vibration chushions.

uiv, on 24 Jan 2017 - 11:20, said:

Vibronakidki - dead project. They are not made for 3 years. And they will not.

WKB is also not happy, a few years of our developments have been "merged" Gametrix in the trash. But we can not do anything, Gametrix have exclusive to this product for 25 years.

In the end is not Gametrix who kill this product, but the small niche market.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Is that a TM X-fighter grip? Hows it feel? My FLCS grip is pretty plasticy feeling, which may be good for lightweight ffb purposes, but still.

Does the new grip make up for the 5 buttons you lost, did you have another place to make up for the loss, or are you still able to use them, somehow?

I might be interested in more details. I have two spare M/S FFB's, so maybe I could mod one of them.

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Does the new grip make up for the 5 buttons you lost, did you have another place to make up for the loss, or are you still able to use them, somehow?

I might be interested in more details. I have two spare M/S FFB's, so maybe I could mod one of them.

Thanks,

I'm not entirely sure I understand the question, But the FLCS has 4 hats, a dual stage trigger and 4 other buttons, so has significantly more buttons than the Default FLCS grip. I also have the 4 buttons on the MSFFB2 base.

If you mean did I lose the buttons on the original grip? Then yes, I did. Someone with a lot more intelligence than me could probably rewire them and stick some switches into the ffb2 base, but I was happy with just the buttons on the FLCS stick.

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Probable he mean that base buttons became less practical to use. :)

That's exactly what I meant.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

That's exactly what I meant.

Ahhh yes, with an extension I would image the base buttons would be rather challenging to use. Mine is not extended however so the 4 base buttons are just as accessible as they were on the stock FFB2.

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

Neat. Did you have to rewire the buttons with separate board?

No, both grips have the same amount of buttons. It's a relative simple replacement/soldering job once you know what's what. Nopileus did a nice write-up of his conversion some years ago:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107601&highlight=x-fighter+grip

(I see the thread lost some info, but the essential pictures are still up)

A word of caution though: you may want to consider adding a toggle switch for turning on/off force feedback as obviously you lose the sensor in the sidewinder grip. I didn't so it's always on now. While this works fine in DCS, other titles may wreck your stick depending on their behaviour. :joystick:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, both grips have the same amount of buttons. It's a relative simple replacement/soldering job once you know what's what. Nopileus did a nice write-up of his conversion some years ago:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107601&highlight=x-fighter+grip

(I see the thread lost some info, but the essential pictures are still up)

A word of caution though: you may want to consider adding a toggle switch for turning on/off force feedback as obviously you lose the sensor in the sidewinder grip. I didn't so it's always on now. While this works fine in DCS, other titles may wreck your stick depending on their behaviour. :joystick:

Noted. Thanks. :thumbup: Planning to revive my MSFFB2 out from retirement.

• 3 weeks later...

I currently own 5 working MS Sidewinders ff2, TM Cougar (to mod with sidewinder base), Logitech G940 and Logitech Wingman Force 3D :)

Hopefully this should keep me from flying with a spring joystick until someone decides to end the force feedback dark ages and makes a modern version of FF flight stick :)

Gametrix KW-908 FFB vibration seat (cushion) with SimShaker for Aviators SW.

Much recommended, you get feeling of vibrations from the airframe rather than just from the stick.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

• 3 weeks later...
Gametrix end production of Jet Seat vibration chushions.

uiv, on 24 Jan 2017 - 11:20, said:

Vibronakidki - dead project. They are not made for 3 years. And they will not.

WKB is also not happy, a few years of our developments have been "merged" Gametrix in the trash. But we can not do anything, Gametrix have exclusive to this product for 25 years.

Seems JetSets will be back to market, now with shipping for Europe:

https://www.gametrix.eu/products/gametrix-kw-908-jetseat-turbojet

https://www.gametrix.eu/pages/eu-shipping

• 1 month later...

i couldn't find a ffb2 in my country.

is there anyone who use another ffb stick except g940?

how about saitek evo force or logitech wingman or something else?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 months later...

I have a G940 and a MSFFB2 and let me tell you....... the MS stick is so much better it's not even a contest.

I don't understand how Logitech screwed the G940 up so bad after MS perfected it back in the 90's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stick had too much slop to make it effective for anything and half the controls on the throttle did not work.

PIECE OF JUNK.

IF you are considering getting a G940 consider yourself warned.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gametrix KW-901 Jet seat with Simshaker for Aviators Software.

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Finally decided to grab a msff2, fingers crossed they are as good as you all say they are.

Comes boxed and in excellent condition with very little use supposedly, will see how good of a condition it is in when it arrives.

Finally decided to grab a msff2, fingers crossed they are as good as you all say they are.

Comes boxed and in excellent condition with very little use supposedly, will see how good of a condition it is in when it arrives.

If you fly heli's, you will most likely not regret it. Not having to deal with the different trimmer modes and being able to control the collective as it was intended is well worth it over non-FFB joysticks.

For fixed wing, it's a little more complicated. You will definitely miss having extra hats and buttons. Although you can use modifier keys to give yourself more virtual hats and buttons, you'd need to use multiple modifiers to reproduce the functionality of a 4-hat flight stick like the A10C. For most fixed wing aircraft, FFB is one of those "you know you need it or you don't care" kind of thing.

Personally, if I only flew fixed wing, I would prefer extra hats over FFB. But since I primarily fly the Ka-50, FFB is completely indispensable, and I couldn't fly without it.

Sidewinder FFB2 + stick CH Fighter Stick F-16:

Zx4mN8.jpg

pTglNh.jpg

:pilotfly:

Oh that is awesome. Is there a tutorial step by step to do that mod ?

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

G940 stick can be good after some modding - shim the plastic shaft, replace bearings and load everything down with a heavy mechanical grease; then, adjust the magnet closer to the Hall sensor and recalibrate. You can make it nearly 50% better just by turning down the ridiculous amount of force that is on the stick by default. The tiny gears and plastic assembly were not meant for that kind of force. Of course, FFB2 is nearly perfect out of the box, but I wouldn't get rid of a G940 stick if you had one laying around. The buttons and hats as well as the dual-stage trigger makes it worth keeping. Too bad they never released a firmware update to fix the issue with the hysteresis on the analog axes.