looking for usb-Relais, help please

LNR212

hey guys, quick question:

I'm trying to implement some real trim magnets (24V) to my home cockpit and therefore I'm searching for a solution where I can push a joystick button on my thrustmaster hotas.

does anyone have some helping informations which usb-relais board I should get? it also needs a software where I can map a button from my joystick to activate/open/close a circuit...

:helpsmilie:

• 2 months later...

I doubt that you will find an off-the-shelf solution that comes with the exact software you need.

Your use case is one that does not happen frequently enough to build a commercial product around: most people who want to control a relay through a button will simply hook up the relay directly to the button (and might use a double-pole switch if the switch value needs to be read by another application as well). In your case, changing the button itself would be a major hassle.

If you want to minimize the programming effort, you could try this product. It seems to come with sample code for a lot of different programming languages. You'd have to build a program to read a joystick button and control the relay accordingly (AutoHotkey would probably require the least amount of learning to solve this particular problem).

If you want to minimize cost, you could use a $3 Arduino clone and a $1 relay breakout board to achieve the same thing that the Numato product does (I am not familiar with the Numato board, it was just the first thing I found when googling "AutoHotkey relay board").

Which option you go with will depend on your personal trade-off between time and money, and whether learning how to program is something that interests or frustrates you.

thanks for replying.

I'm already aware of those relay modules, but I have no idea how to "write" a software/program for it...

i also have a usb-remoted plug strip, which would also be ok for me, but it seems that I can not control individual usb-ports, even with devcon.exe program.

for now I can just switch the trim-system off (no force on the stick, I can use it normal) or I switch trim system on and the magnets hold the stick in this position where I switch it on. I center the stick, then switch it on. stick is stiff but I can control it against the force of the spring loaded rods, where I have also full movement, but against force. this is ideal for fixed wing flying...

it's all good so far, but would be perfect if trim system could work also by pressing a joystick button. :joystick: