Ship respawn and follow route

BattleRabbit

For the upcoming Viggen release I have thrown myself back into the ME and MIST trying to make a training mission with ships that respawn and follow the original route after being destroyed.

The only way I've been able to do that was with the MIST script

mist.goRoute('SHIP_original', mist.getGroupRoute('SHIP_original_route'))

the group(single ship) SHIP_original_route has the same route setup as the SHIP_original group and is set to invisible and immortal but naturally it can still be seen by the player.

Is there another way this can be done or do I just have to live with this one immortal ship sailing around.

Thanks

Edited by BattleRabbit

Member of Combined-Ops-Group

Would mist.respawnGroup (ship, true) work?

Should grab all the properties of the original including route...just need a way to detect if the ship is dead. If it's a simple map, a switched ALL OF COALITION OUT OF ZONE trigger should do just fine. If it's more complex you can use MiST to create a table of your respawns and check if they're dead hut you're getting above my pay grade at that point. :)

Good luck!

Edited by feefifofum

Would mist.respawnGroup (ship, true) work?

Should grab all the properties of the original including route...just need a way to detect if the ship is dead. If it's a simple map, a switched ALL OF COALITION OUT OF ZONE trigger should do just fine. If it's more complex you can use MiST to create a table of your respawns and check if they're dead hut you're getting above my pay grade at that point. :)

Good luck!

I want them to respawn randomly inside a zone using mist.respawnInZone but they just sit there and only move once I use

mist.goRoute('xx', mist.getGroupRoute(xx'))

Does mist.respawnGroup work differently than mist.respawnInZone?

Have you looked into MOOSE At all yet?

Not yet, I though it would be possible only using MIST.

EDIT I just checked the docu and saw that there is a task value available for mist.respawnGroup, I don't know how I could have missed that.

Edited by BattleRabbit

Yeah, respawnGroup will create an exact copy with their original route if you include 'true', but if you're looking for something more than a target range it won't meet your needs.

There is a function called mist.grouptorandomzone or something like that that might do what you want though and give you a little more variety coupled with your random respawn location

Yeah, respawnGroup will create an exact copy with their original route if you include 'true', but if you're looking for something more than a target range it won't meet your needs.

There is a function called mist.grouptorandomzone or something like that that might do what you want though and give you a little more variety coupled with your random respawn location

Thanks, I'll give it a try. :thumbup:

I just used the mist.grouptorandomzone myself and had three target zones. It works very well for randomisation. I also spawn them in a random zone, so in effect you can't predict the location or route once you do it which is good for randomisation.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 2 weeks later...
For the upcoming Viggen release I have thrown myself back into the ME and MIST trying to make a training mission with ships that respawn and follow the original route after being destroyed.

The only way I've been able to do that was with the MIST script

mist.goRoute('SHIP_original', mist.getGroupRoute('SHIP_original_route'))

the group(single ship) SHIP_original_route has the same route setup as the SHIP_original group and is set to invisible and immortal but naturally it can still be seen by the player.

Is there another way this can be done or do I just have to live with this one immortal ship sailing around.

Thanks

I strongly advise you to have a look here:

https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/tree/master/Moose%20Test%20Missions/SPA%20-%20Spawning

hope this helps,

Sven

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]