What am i doing wrong

ayousry

Hi guys

I was in a default campaign mission no.6 i think where i hv to air support ground attacking su24 and 25's

, i cleared every bandit aircraft reported by AWACS until clean

Although i didnt get mission success report and my score was 300 but results was 50 .

I gave orders to the su24 and 25 flights as soon as they were ready!!!!

Is that wrong?! Or wt did i do wrong?!

Also my fuel was low so i landed in sochi instead of my dep airport , tried to get ground crew for refuel but no answer!!!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember specifically the missions but what I remember is that in Su-27 campaign a final score for number of missions relied on AI doing its job which can't be really guaranteed even if you did your perfectly and none of strikers has been shoot down.

Frankly speaking I remember that after trying to complete some of the missions few times I've just gave up and edited the missions by adding few more planes to the attack group and designated specific targets for them to hit as usually they were set to search and destroy. In a reasonable way, just to increase chances that AI does it's job if the player does his.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Hi guys

I was in a default campaign mission no.6 i think where i have to air support ground attacking su24 and 25's,, i cleared every bandit aircraft reported by AWACS until clean.

Although i didn't get mission success report and my score was 300 but results was 50.

Objective for mission 8 is not only to kill enemy planes, but guarantee bombers can get to their destination and bomb the runways, Mission is only a success if the runways are bombed.

I gave orders to the su24 and 25 flights as soon as they were ready!!!!

Is that wrong?! Or what did i do wrong?!

It would be a mistake to send them in whilst there are any enemy planes that could possibly get close to them and get a missile or two into them, if you lose the bombers or they are turned back you fail the mission.

Also my fuel was low so i landed in sochi instead of my departure airport , tried to get ground crew for refuel but no answer!!!

No good landing at Sochi or any other neutral airport that have no support vehicles there for refueling or repairs, so you must manage your fuel usage wisely.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Objective for mission 8 is not only to kill enemy planes, but guarantee bombers can get to their destination and bomb the runways, Mission is only a success if the runways are bombed.

It would be a mistake to send them in whilst there are any enemy planes that could possibly get close to them and get a missile or two into them, if you lose the bombers or they are turned back you fail the mission.

No good landing at Sochi or any other neutral airport that have no support vehicles there for refueling or repairs, so you must manage your fuel usage wisely.

Regards, Ian.

I reviewed TACVIEW and not a single missile from enemy f18 was fired at the bombers but some was killed by Sams!!

So how can i avoid that?!

How to know if the airport has ground support?!!

Thanks

I reviewed TACVIEW and not a single missile from enemy f18 was fired at the bombers but some was killed by Sams!!

Firstly check that you are using the English version of DCSW as other localisations such as russian, etc haven't had the missions updated and none of this help is appropriate.

If bombers are killed by SAMS, you haven't used the radio to call in the SEAD flights to take out the SAM's.

There are multiple flights that can be called on to help with the \ or Ralt-\ radio menu, F-10 then F1-F5 (All allied flights report in when on station and ready for commands, so just use the radio F-keys to send each one in when you need them):

Su-27 Sweep to help with over watch

Su-24 SEAD for Sam destruction

Tu-22 Bomber for runway destruction

Get air superiority first, you can use the sweep flight to make it easier, then send in the SEAD flight to clear out all SAM's, once SAMs' reported as destroyed, send in the BOMBERS. The timing of when you do what is totally up to you and will make a difference as to whether you succeed or not.

Re: Airport support:

• First check in F-10 map view for icon on airfield that tells you if it is neutral or red coalition holds it.
  • If when you are near airport and there are: Hummer=ATC support, Transport truck=Repairs will be available or a Fuel truck=Fuel will be available.

Good luck with it.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Firstly check that you are using the English version of DCSW as other localisations such as russian, etc haven't had the missions updated and none of this help is appropriate.

If bombers are killed by SAMS, you haven't used the radio to call in the SEAD flights to take out the SAM's.

There are multiple flights that can be called on to help with the \ or Ralt-\ radio menu, F-10 then F1-F5 (All allied flights report in when on station and ready for commands, so just use the radio F-keys to send each one in when you need them):

Su-27 Sweep to help with over watch

Su-24 SEAD for Sam destruction

Tu-22 Bomber for runway destruction

Get air superiority first, you can use the sweep flight to make it easier, then send in the SEAD flight to clear out all SAM's, once SAMs' reported as destroyed, send in the BOMBERS. The timing of when you do what is totally up to you and will make a difference as to whether you succeed or not.

Re: Airport support:

• First check in F-10 map view for icon on airfield that tells you if it is neutral or red coalition holds it.
  • If when you are near airport and there are: Hummer=ATC support, Transport truck=Repairs will be available or a Fuel truck=Fuel will be available.

Good luck with it.

Yes maybe , ill try again

Many thanks

Thanks

For this mission:

Priority 1: You and your flight need to kill the enemy fighters.

Priority 2: Once the A-A threat is gone, send in the Su-24 SEAD aircraft.

Priority 3: Once the A-A and SAM threats are both gone, only then send in the strike aircraft.

You'll have to manage your fuel carefully but you should have enough.

To check if you can refuel at an airfield, look at your F10 map. If you're red, then you can only refuel and/or repair at airfields that are marked in red on your map, not neutral or blue ones.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

For this mission:

Priority 1: You and your flight need to kill the enemy fighters.

Priority 2: Once the A-A threat is gone, send in the Su-24 SEAD aircraft.

Priority 3: Once the A-A and SAM threats are both gone, only then send in the strike aircraft.

You'll have to manage your fuel carefully but you should have enough.

To check if you can refuel at an airfield, look at your F10 map. If you're red, then you can only refuel and/or repair at airfields that are marked in red on your map, not neutral or blue ones.

Greatly clarified

Thanks bro

Now whats going on?!!!!!

I tool all your advices and cleared all bandits sent the SEAD flights first they wiped out the sams then i sent the striker flights and they did absolutly nothing just hovered over the runways the idiots was supposed to strike then both SEAD and STRIKER flights left the for base!!!!!!!!

Why didnt the striker flights wipe the rwys?!!!!

Everything was clear no sams no bandits !!!!!!

Now whats going on?!!!!!

I tool all your advices and cleared all bandits sent the SEAD flights first they wiped out the sams then i sent the striker flights and they did absolutly nothing just hovered over the runways the idiots was supposed to strike then both SEAD and STRIKER flights left the for base!!!!!!!!

Why didnt the striker flights wipe the rwys?!!!!

Everything was clear no sams no bandits !!!!!!

Sorry to see you still having some problems with the mission, hard to say why that happened, I would be just guessing.

• (If you had TACVIEW you could check what happened post mission)

• Strikers may have jettisoned their bombs prematurely due to being attacked or hit (Were they ever in any danger ???).
  • Low on fuel maybe (Very unlikely).

All I can say is that the AI builtin testing system I use with the mission, shows everything working as it should with dcsw v1.55.x (The striker aircraft still continue to bomb the runways with extreme predudice), run it through the whole mission a couple of days ago, before replying to your previous posts just to rule out any new bugs.

DCS Tech Support.

Its very hard to know exactly when to send these idiots though

Just for fun and giggles, I re-ran the test yesterday, I watched on the F-10 map and when the the AI Su-27 flying as me was over the mountain range and level with all the other holding flights, I radioed them to let ever flight go almost simultaniously, I think the bombers got fired upon and it was massive furball for all, but every one still got their jobs done and mission completed successfully.

I was trying to tacview it, but I had upgraded to the new 1.5.3 and it wasn't working, for some reason when it installed it installed fine on the dcs openbeta and openalpha versions but not the release version.

Got tacview working today, by copying over some folders from the openbeta install, but haven't had time to try the mission again. I am busy finishing repairs for all of the A-10c Single player missions that come default with the A-10c module.

You would be an expert at shooting down planes with that Su-27 by now ;-)

All the best, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

I give up

I just flew it for the 10th time same shit 1 sam shot down 2 sead and 2 strike idiots!!!!!!!

Im thinking of rearming and go shoot the idiots my self then maybe use canons if they decided to use the parachute so i make sure i got rid of them for good

I give up

I just flew it for the 10th time same shit 1 sam shot down 2 sead and 2 strike idiots!!!!!!!

Can understand your frustration.:mad:

Just to be double checking your playing the exact same mission versions as me (Certainly doesn't sound like it).

All "Su-27 Camp*.*" missions in "....\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Missions\EN\Campaigns" should all be dated: 25-06-2016 (DD-MM-YYYY format) or later and time stamped 07:44a.

If dates are earlier than that, your running a version of DCSW that isn't for the english market and all the missions are still the original older ones with all the original issues.

Regards, Ian.

Edited by MadDog-IC
His DCSW has different mission file dates than mine, bugged versions.

DCS Tech Support.

Reaction to enemy fire has been a problem for the AI in DCS for a long time now. strike aircraft in particular have a depressing tendency to jettison their loads and run at the first sign of trouble. This combined with the incompetence of AI SEAD can make for a frustrating experience.

SEAD is much better left for player-controlled aircraft, though as it is now the only aircraft that's effective at it is the Su-25T. The Viggen can do SEAD to some extent, with meticulous mission planning and balls of steel on the part of the pilot, but I don't think we'll see a truly effective NATO SEAD platform until we get the F-18.

Ultimately this is a problem for mission designers: relying on the AI behaving in a rational manner is fraught with danger. Relying on the AI for mission success can produce a very frustrating player experience.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Darkfire

'Yes thats exactly what happened , some jettison the weapons and the others just flew over the airport and triggered flares , not a single defensive maneuver even!!!!

MadDog-IC

I was updating DCS usually , only last update i didnt do since people reporting stutters and perf issues

Ill check anyways and let u know also ill check the link u send me

Cant thank u enough bro

For those who want to know

Mission was success at last but i had to be very precise for timings to send the sead and strike teams (or idiots)

Again many thanks for all of you ,this is a great community

Reaction to enemy fire has been a problem for the AI in DCS for a long time now. strike aircraft in particular have a depressing tendency to jettison their loads and run at the first sign of trouble. This combined with the incompetence of AI SEAD can make for a frustrating experience.

I am sure you already know this, but I would just like state this for the benefit of others.

Yes this use to be the case in versions 1.2.16 and earlier so I always programmed the AI SEAD and AI STRIKE aircraft to do:

• SET IP Waypoint at max range to target for the SEAD weapon so they would fire at max range and not over fly the SAM.
  • Reaction to Threat = PASSIVE DEFENCE (They will get the job done with all missiles away, but die quite quickly after that, was only way to get around the dump and run short coming)

But since DCSW v1.5x and later there is a new option to stop these behaviours, it just has to be added to the missions flights.

• SET IP Waypoint at max range to target for the SEAD weapon so they would fire at max range and not over fly the SAM.
  • Reaction to Threat = EVADE FIRE (Can now try to evade all incoming fire)
  • Restrict Jettison=ON (They will get the job done with all missiles away, They will never dump their missiles even when engaged in a dogfight or trying to evade a locked on incoming missile.

- DCS v1.5x compatibility settings I use now in all mission repairs.

• (SEAD) Flights - Reaction to Threat = Evade Fire, Restrict Jettison = ON
  • (STRIKE) Flights - Reaction to Threat = Evade Fire, Restrict Jettison = ON
  • (CAP) Flights - Reaction to Threat = Extreme Vertical Manueuvers, Restrict Jettison = OFF (Can't dump Fuel tanks otherwise)
  • (CAS) Flights - Reaction to Threat = Evade Fire, Restrict Jettison = ON

DCSW Flaming Cliffs 3 Campaigns (English version of DCSW v1.54x and higher where totally reworked, corrected and now use those settings and verified that missions work faultlessly as of mid 2016)

• A-10a The Valley Campaign v1.5x (100% Completed)
  • F-15c Bear Trap Campaign v1.5x (100% Completed)
  • Mig-29s Over the Hump Campaign v1.5x (100% Completed)
  • Su-27 Fortress Mozdok Campaign v1.5x (100% Completed)
  • Su-33 Sea Dragon Campaign v1.5x (100% Completed)

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

I am sure you already know this, but I would just like state this for the benefit of others.

Yes this use to be the case in versions 1.2.16 and earlier so I always programmed the AI SEAD and AI STRIKE aircraft to do:

• Reaction to Threat = PASSIVE DEFENCE (They will get the job done with all missiles away, but die quite quickly after that, was only way to get around the dump and run short coming)

But since DCSW v1.5x and later there is a new option to stop these behaviours, it just has to be added to the missions flights.

• Restrict Jettison=ON (They will get the job done with all missiles away, They will never dump their missiles even when engaged in a dogfight or trying to evade a locked on incoming missile.

• (CAP) Flights - Reaction to Threat = Extreme Vertical Manueuvers, Restrict Jettison = OFF (Can't dump Fuel tanks otherwise)

DCSW Flaming Cliffs 3 Campaigns (English version of DCSW v1.54x and higher where totally reworked, corrected and now use those settings and verified that missions work faultlessly as of mid 2016)

Regards, Ian.

Thanks for setting all that out so clearly :thumbup: if you don't mind I'm going to keep a copy of this post as a mission writing AI 'cheat sheet'. Good stuff. In fact this should be a sticky in the mission designers sub-forum.

Regards, Ian.

I downloaded your fixed campaigns for su25T , will them try the su27

Great work

Thanks