Stuck at 45 or 90 fps on a VIVE w/ GTX 1080 ?! Help please, CTRL+1 2... does nothing

CoolSpy

I am trying to get good perf on DCS world with my VIVE but either I get 90 fps or I get 45 fps, even though I disable both reprojection modes in SteamVR.

It seems DCS forces some kind of reprojection but I can't disable it. I tried CTRL + numpad 1 / 2 / 3 etc... but it seems it only works on the Rift, right?

I try the quick mission A10 caucasus medium and I start immediately at 45fps capped for a few seconds and it drops even lower after that...

If someone knows what to do, thanks in advance for the help ;)

i7 4790k / Asus 1080 Ti / HTC ViVE / 32 GB RAM

Ok I guess I will chime in as no one else has said anything. Ctrl1 is for Oculus software so wont do anything its an ASW issue. If you look at your gpu usage its probably averaging 50-70% as its a draw limitation and there is nothing to be done. I have a gtx1080 a Rift and a Vive. So all I can say is make your shadows Flat in both places and the rest as mentioned I use msaa 2, AA off texture all high water med view dist high clutter 100 trees 5000 preload 15000. Hdr off (YOU ALREADY HAVE GOD RAYS DONT ADD TO IT !) Lens flare off. Thats about it you fps is gonna lock at 45fps most of the time but reprojection is gonna give you 90 and you will see some double vision fast and low. All I can say is live with it the immersion is well worth it. You are trading immersion for graphics quality and you will get used to it. For the majority the trade is well worth it. You will never get a solid 90fps with any current Rig. Finally 45fps is great some of us used a DK2 prior to ATW, we would have dreamed of 45 lol that was with a top of the line card.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Previously post gives a good base for video settings. You really don't need anything too high because you won't benefit from anything outside of the cockpit anyways. I run shadows off and AA at 16xQ and pixel density at 2.0 just so I can read the cockpits easily. I do run at 45fps for the most part though, but I've learned to deal with it, especially since even when I drop pixel density to 1.0 I still hang around 45fps anyways.

Basically though, this is simply how the Vive software works. It either gets 90fps from the game, or it forces the game down to 45fps and the reprojects every other frame so you get a smooth 90fps in the headset. You don't want anything in between until Valve fully implements ASW. It'll be super juddery when you move your head.

One thing you can do though is look up how to opt into the steamVR beta and enable Asynchronous reprojection. It's basically ATW for the Vive, so when you turn your head it will be a lot smoother, but leaning will still produce a bit of double vision.