Tacview 1.5.3 is now available!

Vyrtuoz

Tacview 1.5.3 is out!

Download: http://tacview.net/download

Special thanks to DArt, Dojo and Mirknir for their invaluable ideas and feedback which have helped a lot to produce the new exporter for DCS World.

This new intermediate release brings a log of fixes and improvements for all your favorite flight simulators from Falcon 4.0 to X-Plane 11. At last, DCS World is the last flight simulator to get a brand-new exporter based on the new telemetry system which was introduced in Tacview 1.5. The new C++ exporter offers improved performance over the old LUA one (self CPU use is down from about 11% to 1.5% on average). More data is exported, recordings are much smaller, and you can even inject bookmarks while flying by pressing RALT+B!

Important Note: The old “Record DCS World Flights” option has been removed from Tacview. From now on, the new exporter is automatically installed at the same time as Tacview. It can be configured directly from the “Settings|Special|Tacview” menu in DCS World. See the attached screenshot bellow.

823932618534223872a.jpg

This version is the last step before the long awaited real-time flight analysis! Tacview 1.6 Professional will – soon – enable you to review a flight currently in progress. A remote control will also enable you to control the local aircraft of the session you are connected to. This can be a handy feature to initiate your friends into your favorite flight simulator and to oversee in real-time a battlefield like Red-Flag operations.

These new features will be first available for DCS World, quickly followed by FSX and X-Plane, and perhaps even Falcon 4.0, if possible. Feel free to contact me if you think that you can provide me with any helpful information concerning real-time data export for Falcon 4.0.

I will soon produce several video tutorials to help you get the most out of Tacview.

Blue skies and happy new year!

Vyrtuoz

About DCS World online flights

New anti-cheat system

To prevent cheating, by default, the last 10 minutes of online flights will not be readable. This means that you may want to stay connected to the server 10 minutes after the end of your mission to get a full replay. This anti-cheat delay can be adjusted by installing Tacview on the server and setting the corresponding option between 0 (no delay) and 30 minutes. It is not necessary to record data on the server for this option to be considered. For example, you may wish to disable data recording to save CPU by using the dedicated Tacview add-in control panel in DCS World on your server.

One file per client server side

Using the appropriate option, you can now ask the Tacview exporter installed on the server to automatically create one file for each client session. Each file will be stored in a folder named after the corresponding pilot.

This great idea which comes from Dojo is going to be very handy for squadrons and public servers:

• For example, you can use this option to save precious CPU time on your clients’ computers by letting your server handling all the data recording work.
  • You can also automatically share in real-time the generated data on a cloud service like Dropbox. Each member of your squadron will be able to access their own personal file right after their flight!

823932618534223872b.jpg

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Added support for X-Plane 11
  • X-Plane data recorder now makes a distinction between fixed wings and helicopters
  • Brand new flight data recorder for DCS World
  • DCS World mission title, type, description, and briefing are now exported
  • DCS World mission bullseyes are now exported
  • DCS World exporter sampling frequency have been optimized to reduce produced files size
  • DCS World exporter CPU load has been reduced from 11% to 1.5% CPU in loaded battlefield
  • Added RALT+B to save a bookmark in the flight recording while flying in DCS World
  • Local player vehicle magnetic heading is now exported for DCS World
  • Added mission name in DCS World flight recordings
  • Local player vehicle change is gracefully handled by the new DCS world exporter
  • Added an option to delay flight playback to prevent cheating when online with DCS World
  • Added an option to generate one file per connected client to your DCS World server
  • Added support for C-101 Aviojet (DCS World) advanced telemetry
  • Improved advanced telemetry for many DCS World aircraft
  • Added support for DCS: L-39 Albatros
  • Added support for DCS: M-2000C
  • Added support for DCS: SA342 Gazelle
  • Added support for DCS: Spitfire LF Mk. IX
  • Integrated the latest Nevada map from DCS World (new airports will follow)
  • Added a warning when loading a file with null spherical or flat coordinates
  • Added Falcon 4 Pillars of Hercules 0.7.8.2 theater
  • Integrated Balkans terrain and database for BMS 4.33 U3
  • Updated Ikaros theater for BMS 4.33 U3 to version 4.0.0
  • Added preliminary support for Ostsee Falcon 4.0 theater
  • User settings WILL be preserved when updating to a new version
  • Added support for laser beams
  • Added command line option /DataCollection:off to disable anonymous data collection

FIXES

• Fixed crash when displaying bullseyes in charts
  • Fixed a rare crash when loading corrupted acmi 1.x files
  • Fixed random online debriefing host crash when an obsolete client attempt to join the session
  • DCS World mission date is now always correct
  • Reference time is now properly set to 2004-05-14 for all Falcon 4.0 flights
  • Identical flight events are now properly loaded and stored separately
  • Matra missiles are now stored with distinct names in DCS World acmi files
  • X-Plane data recorder now better handles time travel using keyboard shortcuts

Edited by Vyrtuoz
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Hi Vyrtuoz and thanks for this amazing update! Get ready to answer the same question a 1000 times about the now missing DCS export menu in Tacview that moves in game!

Regarding the Gazelle, I know it's only cosmetic but she is still looking like a AH64 Apache on the track. Any chance to get a nice 3D model of her?

New anti-cheat system

To prevent cheating, by default, the last 10 minutes of online flights will not be readable. This means that you may want to stay connected to the server 10 minutes after the end of your mission to get a full replay. This anti-cheat delay can be adjusted by installing Tacview on the server and setting the corresponding option between 0 (no delay) and 30 minutes. It is not necessary to record data on the server for this option to be considered. For example, you may wish to disable data recording to save CPU by using the dedicated Tacview add-in control panel in DCS World on your server.

if i understand correctly, one has to linger around in the spectator slot for 10minutes to get the full track unless the server changes the setting?

because this might hurt popular servers,'bluflag' for example was nearly allways at max playercount in its primetime and such a setting will block spots that otherwiese would be free for people who want to fly

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

@BaD CrC

Yes, you will eventually see a proper 3D model for the Gazelle. I have ordered more 3D models. They will be integrated as soon as they are ready, in the coming releases.

@Nero.ger

I am not sure what you mean about hogging slots because there is no need of Tacview for that…

To answer your question: You will *not* get a full acmi file if you stay connected for 10 minutes. You will get your connection time minus 10 minutes of data. So, in this example you will get 0 minutes of data with the default settings. In other words, you will always be 10 minutes behind the server in terms of data replay in Tacview. This is a setting which can by easily modified by the server up to 30 minutes if necessary.

@Bearfoot

The roughly 10% CPU improvement is in DCS World. If where experiencing about 30 fps in DCS World with the old exporter active, you will now experience about 33 fps in DCS World with the new exporter. This depends on the map. The more active and loaded in objects the battlefield is, the greater the gain. For example, you will not notice any difference if you are flying alone in an empty map.

Frantz maybe not the best place for me to post but I thought I'd add a "wish"

I don't do so much combat, but love just conquering the aircraft, to be able to takeoff, navigate and land them.

So a couple of things I'd like to be able to do in Tacview

1) As well as locking onto other objects, aircraft etc: it would be great if I could also use this function to lock, runways or beacons relative to me and get distance, course, height, flight path angle etc:

2) Another thing that might be nice would be a free measuring tool, like something in the DCS Editor to make measurements between objects without having to lock onto them

Unless there is something similar there already and I'm just too stupid not to know how to implement it

Don't get me wrong I love this tool "as is" and a real time function is awesome. These were just things that would help me in navigation when analyzing what went on

@Vyrtuoz

i think the wording might have confused me, looking at the screenshot it seems the tacView-Programm simply refuses to play content that is "not older than 10min"

i am correct? :)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

@Weegie

I think that you are going to be happy with the improvements coming in Tacview 1.6.1+ to 1.7. I have planned a lot concerning the general handling of the aircraft, nav aids and tools to measure the level of mastery of an aircraft.

1) This is a great idea! I will include a way for you to select navaids and runway thresholds so you can better judge of your approach

2) And yes, a free measurement tool is coming too!

@950118gh

I am aware of the inconvenience of the new playback delay.

Keep in mind that this delay has been introduced to prevent cheating during network games. Which is has always been much more inconvenient in the first place. Now, maybe, more servers will enable Tacview. Which is going to be very positive in the end.

The delay of 10 minutes can be removed by your host if, for example, you are flying in a “safe” environment like your squadron private server. Also, there is no delay at all when you are flying off-line.

Overall the delay should not be a problem.

@Nero.ger

Yes, you are correct. Sorry for the confusion, it is difficult to express a complex concept with just a few words in a dialog box :)

To keep it simple: during online session, you will not (never) be able to review the last 10 minutes of your data recording.

@NeilWillis

You do not need a licence to install Tacview on the server. You can use the free version on your server.

The paid versions are optional. They are useful only when you want to review data using more powerful tools.

So what happens to your tacview if the delay option is enabled when either of the following happens.

A. Server crashes/closes

B. Server changes missions.

Does it get cut off?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Very good point Grimes!

In these cases, the flight is cut off indeed.

I cannot do anything about crashes: Not only this is a rare case, by this is also a case which can easily simulated by a cheater.

However, I will do my best to detect a normal end-of-mission in a future release, so the flight is fully dumped in that case.

Tacview 1.5.4 has been released!

http://tacview.net/download

This version is the result of your work and feedback. The two most important bugs with the new exporter have been fixed, and you can now enjoy a nice 3D model for the Viggen!

See you soon in Tacview 1.6!

FEATURES & CHANGES

• Chinese translation by 张炯 'Billeinstein' for the new DCS World exporter
  • French translation for the new DCS World exporter
  • Added support for DCS World AJS-37 Viggen
  • Updated Falcon 4 Pillars of Hercules theater to version 0.7.8.2 U1

FIXES

• Crash in DCS World exporter when loading some of the old training missions
  • DCS World exporter was not working if the current user had Unicode characters in his/her name
  • DCS World was stuck on loading screen when Tacview exporter initialization was failing
  • Crash when streaming terrain tiles bigger than 512MB (like a huge jpeg texture)

Is it normal that I only get 1 hour recording (that is, if I play for lets say 120 mins, only the first 60 mins is recorded), or this is a limitation of the free edition?

Update:

Seems like sometimes I get more than 1 hour, but the end is cut anyway by some minutes.

Edited by Bufo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have observed some crashes (CTD) when trying to click o "back to spectators" when Tacview 1.5.4 was active. It seems it doesn't happen when I turn off recording of Tacview. Anyone else observed this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Is it normal that I only get 1 hour recording (that is, if I play for lets say 120 mins, only the first 60 mins is recorded), or this is a limitation of the free edition?

Update:

Seems like sometimes I get more than 1 hour, but the end is cut anyway by some minutes.

Is this in singleplayer or multiplayer? If it is the latter, than it might be related to the new anti cheat system?

New anti-cheat system

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

@Zaelu

Next time you get this crash, can you share me the following log files as well as telling which server/mission/aircraft you where in?

• Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log
  • Corresponding Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs*.crash
  • Corresponding acmi file (if any was generated)

@Bufo

It looks like you were flying in a multiplayer session. In that case, by default the last 10 minutes of the flight cannot be reviewed to prevent cheating. This is an option which is explained in the official documentation:

http://www.tacview.net/documentation/dcs/#q35

I will try to do that!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Just a simple suggestion for an option. Could you add an option that requires the mission to be played for a set period of time in order to save the tacview?

So say the limit is 5 minutes. If you start and exit a mission before 5 minutes elapses then the tacview won't save. If you are in a mission longer than 5 the tacview will be saved.

I just checked my tacview folder and I had way to many files that were from stupidly short sessions where I was simply testing stuff that took at most a minute. I know I can turn it off, but I've been burned before forgetting to turn it back on again when I actually sit down to play.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I have observed some crashes (CTD) when trying to click o "back to spectators" when Tacview 1.5.4 was active. It seems it doesn't happen when I turn off recording of Tacview. Anyone else observed this?

same here

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Just a simple suggestion for an option. Could you add an option that requires the mission to be played for a set period of time in order to save the tacview?

So say the limit is 5 minutes. If you start and exit a mission before 5 minutes elapses then the tacview won't save. If you are in a mission longer than 5 the tacview will be saved.

I just checked my tacview folder and I had way to many files that were from stupidly short sessions where I was simply testing stuff that took at most a minute. I know I can turn it off, but I've been burned before forgetting to turn it back on again when I actually sit down to play.

Wouldn't it be even more simple to have a dialogue pop up at the end of a session asking if you want to save it? I suggest an option is added to allow the dialogue box to prompt for saves or for them to take place automatically.

Alternatively, why not have a purge option for files below a certain size? Short missions will produce small files.

Good idea Grimes!

Because of the tools I am using to program for DCS World, I cannot display any dialog box like requested by NeilWillis. However, I can certainly automatically discard short/small files automatically.

Edited by Vyrtuoz

Guys, as soon as you encounter a crash you think is related to Tacview, please send me the following files:

• Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs.log
  • Corresponding Saved Games\DCS\Logs\dcs*.crash
  • Which mission were you flying? Was is solo or multi?
  • Corresponding acmi file (if any was generated)

Without any information, I cannot do much to help you...

same here

Here is one crash.

some notes:

I had the tacview disabled for recording last 3 days and had no crash. Now I activated it and it crashed promptly.

The acmi files have no info I think. They are two but I think the zero kilobytes (lol) one is the one you need the other one in size of 1kb is just a previous connect and manual disconnect.

Tacview doesn't make any logs, right? I had the tick on extra information (debug mode) this time but the file is 0kb as I said.

Logs.zip

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]