**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

Cobra847

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit disappointed myself. Not going to hold it over Leatherneck or anything, but I was hoping to have it in the stable 1.5 version. Obviously, since they said they were pushing for it, I was hoping for 2.0 as well, though not expecting it. This is definitely back from that.

I'm personally not leveraging anything. Not the end of the world, as everyone says. But I am a bit disappointed. We can't all run 3 instances of DCS.

Not trying to leverage anything, just a bit disappointed. I know they have a lot on their plate, but it's just frustrating. It happens.

Achieving World Peace - One 2000lb JDAM at a time.

Intel i7 9700K, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz , ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 TI OC, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S.

~

Proud Member of the 62nd Fighting Falcons

~

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why is that a problem? I don't think it's the end of the world, because you'll need to use the OpenBeta to fly the Viggen.. you can do that in 3 minutes. Don't you think? :)

Because now my eagle dynamics folder is 124gb as I have three installs of it. This is not the only game I play

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because now my eagle dynamics folder is 124gb as I have three installs of it. This is not the only game I play

Well, you don't need to have three DCS versions, OpenBeta, Stable and the OpenAlpha...

You can switch from stable to OB (and vise-versa) whenever you want.

Like I said, you can use Skate's GUI Updater, and switch from stable to OB.. here's an example:

mxabWQk.png

With a few clicks! and done, you are using the OB, isn't that simple?

You guys always find something to bitch about, eh? :doh:

(... & in4b "WHY NO STEAM !?!?"-faction joins ...)

Everyone very well knows that Modules don't make it to steam until the official release. And it's not some random non-important thing "to bitch about" If LNS warned people it wouldn't be a problem, but 2 days before is not reasonable. Now I have to worry about getting the 1.5 Early Release and updating. While it doesn't take too long, people have work to do. I personally don't mind too much while I am frustrated. But some people with slower internet or a lot of work maybe very upset, and I very much understand that. Can't just give a warning 2 days before.

• Like 1

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

Everyone very well knows that Modules don't make it to steam until the official release. And it's not some random non-important thing "to bitch about" If LNS warned people it wouldn't be a problem, but 2 days before is not reasonable. Now I have to worry about getting the 1.5 Early Release and updating. While it doesn't take too long, people have work to do. I personally don't mind too much while I am frustrated. But some people with slower internet or a lot of work maybe very upset, and I very much understand that. Can't just give a warning 2 days before.

The actual download size is minuscule, because, again - the game gets copied over, and then updates the few files that actually change.

Managing and switching between installs is prolly easier than installing Windows Updates.

I dont see the issue here.

1.6 will bring new things that need tested before going to stable, same with the viggen.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

So will we be able to fly on NTTR with it as well or just the beta?

Thx

1.6 First

Then the others.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs