**Viggen Release Information (27th)**

Cobra847

• ED Team

run the open beta and release version, best of both worlds!

I do not see the problem personally but I am used to using anywhere up to 7 versions of dcs on my machine.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Update to open beta. COPY/PASTE link from heatblur email to download the Viggen. Install update, then install Viggen. give key when asked. Put on Viggen shirt, put ABBA on the stereo = VIGGEN ALL WEEKEND LONG.

Thank you for the heads up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Boy am I glad I didn't delete my open beta install!

Just a few days ago I was thinking "that open beta hasn't been touched in months and is taking a up few dozen gigs, I should delete it when I get the chance"

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I'm going to reiterate this because it seems to be lost in the shuffle. Though I think I can only speak for myself, I think there's many on this side of things that probably feel similarly.

I am disappointed.

I am not raging. I'm not saying "down with Leatherneck". As others have pointed out, this isn't even their fault, and they DID warn us earlier than most might. And I appreciate Cobra's honesty. I do not think less of Leatherneck for this development. So charges like "people just want to find something to complain about" are misplaced. Blanket statements. Other people's mileage may very.

I'm going to miss out on playing with the Viggen in MP, showing it off to a few of my friends who fly, but didn't buy the Viggen and don't want it. (was looking forward to showing them what they were missing, maybe convincing them otherwise). They won't update to DCSBeta. Why should they? They didn't buy the module and they don't want another different install or to go through switching back and forth, even if it's easy. They like the stable release. Sure, you can blame them for their stubbornness, but I wouldn't. There's simply no reason for them to disrupt their current stable installs. So for an as-of-yet unknown period of time, I won't be able to fly with them, and if I do wish to, I will have to bounce back and forth between installs (and one without the Viggen!). This, to me, is worthy of disappointment.

There are a couple other reasons of lesser importance that make me disappointed. My mods were not installed with JSME so it could well break something going back and forth. Again, a minor issue, but a concern nonetheless.

None of what I personally has said has been anything but respectful. People have various reasons for their feelings that may not be chalked up to "you're lazy" or "some people just want to complain". Truth is, I'll probably do the open beta because I want to learn and fly the Viggen on release. Leatherneck is delivering their product at the time they said they'd deliver it. That doesn't always happen, so I'm definitely happy about that.

But I can still voice my disappointment on this issue. Especially when it seemed like it was going to be released on the stable version, and had a real shot at a release on 2.0 (though, again, not promised by anyone, so perfectly fine that they didn't get to put it in 2.0).

None of this is the end of the world. But it does have an effect, and it does come as a surprise for some. "Everything is subject to change" does happen, but it doesn't mean I can't be disappointed by the effects of that.

I'd also like to thank Cobra for saying "we're listening" and that they were thinking about options. Even if it still comes out on 1.5.6 open beta, just knowing they heard us and put thought into it....and wasn't dismissive, goes a long way. So thanks, Cobra!

I guess I'm old school.

I have the three versions of DCS, i.e., Stable, BETA and Alpha NTTR 2.0, as separate installs on one of my SATA 3 7200rpm HDD's. I run the DCS Updater for each install from the Start menu.

I've never had a problem updating or "selecting" each version.

SSD? Running from the SATA HDD, I get frame rates above 45 on all three versions. That's with an I7 6700K, 32gb ram and a GTX 1070. And no worries regarding SSD capacity or maintenance.

I can remember when LNS was concerned about providing a copy of the MIG 21BIS for the BETA version of DCS. I recall the beta copy of the MIG was counted as an authorized copy against the maximum copy of 10. My, have times changed.

I'm ready for the 27th. I'll just update my BETA copy, jump in the Viggen and try to learn Swedish. :joystick:

Waiiit a second. You only get 45 FPS with that setup? Are you playing on 8K Res?

I mean, have a look at my setup and I never get under 100 FPS even on Open Conflict Server. I've hooked up 3 Screens at 1920x1080 wich gives a total res of 5760x1080.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Honestly guys, what is all the fuss about? I've flown in Open Beta for ages, didnt even know it myself untill I checked my branch today. There is a shit ton of servers, like 3 times as much as on NTTR lol. I didn't even notice I was on open beta for a couple of years xD

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

I'm going to reiterate this because it seems to be lost in the shuffle. Though I think I can only speak for myself, I think there's many on this side of things that probably feel similarly.

I am disappointed.

I am not raging. I'm not saying "down with Leatherneck". As others have pointed out, this isn't even their fault, and they DID warn us earlier than most might. And I appreciate Cobra's honesty. I do not think less of Leatherneck for this development. So charges like "people just want to find something to complain about" are misplaced. Blanket statements. Other people's mileage may very.

I'm going to miss out on playing with the Viggen in MP, showing it off to a few of my friends who fly, but didn't buy the Viggen and don't want it. (was looking forward to showing them what they were missing, maybe convincing them otherwise). They won't update to DCSBeta. Why should they? They didn't buy the module and they don't want another different install or to go through switching back and forth, even if it's easy. They like the stable release. Sure, you can blame them for their stubbornness, but I wouldn't. There's simply no reason for them to disrupt their current stable installs. So for an as-of-yet unknown period of time, I won't be able to fly with them, and if I do wish to, I will have to bounce back and forth between installs (and one without the Viggen!). This, to me, is worthy of disappointment.

There are a couple other reasons of lesser importance that make me disappointed. My mods were not installed with JSME so it could well break something going back and forth. Again, a minor issue, but a concern nonetheless.

None of what I personally has said has been anything but respectful. People have various reasons for their feelings that may not be chalked up to "you're lazy" or "some people just want to complain". Truth is, I'll probably do the open beta because I want to learn and fly the Viggen on release. Leatherneck is delivering their product at the time they said they'd deliver it. That doesn't always happen, so I'm definitely happy about that.

But I can still voice my disappointment on this issue. Especially when it seemed like it was going to be released on the stable version, and had a real shot at a release on 2.0 (though, again, not promised by anyone, so perfectly fine that they didn't get to put it in 2.0).

None of this is the end of the world. But it does have an effect, and it does come as a surprise for some. "Everything is subject to change" does happen, but it doesn't mean I can't be disappointed by the effects of that.

I'd also like to thank Cobra for saying "we're listening" and that they were thinking about options. Even if it still comes out on 1.5.6 open beta, just knowing they heard us and put thought into it....and wasn't dismissive, goes a long way. So thanks, Cobra!

f

sounds like allot of self induced pain you and your buddies put on yourselves. Sounds like allot of drama. Lord why do people think the open beta is some sort of witch hunt? Its the same thing as stable except its getting updated sooner. You can switch back and forth between the versions in a matter of 2 minutes its posted many times in this thread. If 1.5.6 is broken you can simply revert back to Stable version.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

• ED Team

Its always safer to assume anything new is going to release to Open Beta first, its just they way it needs to be, as much as this might upset some, it would upset a lot more if an update like this busted the stable version. And as pointed out, its fairly easy to switch back and forth now.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@CaptJodan

IMO Leatherneck has done and is doing and excellent job here. They simply cant please everyone all the time. We are too many clients with very different expectations and frustration reactions. As far as I know the module we are getting tomorrow is a pre release beta. Im sure that in a few days it will be available to the stable DCS world version.

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Is it time to start asking at what time it will be released tomorrow? :music_whistling:

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

I've been reading through this pile of comments (if you can call them that) and god damn it's hurting my brain.

Only thing I can see you people are ether like young 10 year olds ... actually no scratch that 10 year old know better then this and are probably way better.

It's like you're all like 60 - 90 year old men who can't do 5 clicks to update your Release client to Beta client.

Especially since Beta Client is literally the same thing as Release version atm ...

I'll leave this here:

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3027164&postcount=48

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3027365&postcount=6

Edited by Rlaxoxo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Well I'm not even sorry that my exitement make me look/sound like a 10 year old :P

But yeah some people seem to have spend more time complaining over the Open Beta process than they would actually updating to Open Beta. Their loss. Not LeatherNecks :music_whistling:

I've been reading through this pile of comments (if you can call them that) and god damn it's hurting my brain.

Only thing I can see you people are ether like young 10 year olds ... actually no scratch that 10 year old know better then this and are probably way better.

It's like you're all like 60 - 90 year old men who can't do 5 clicks to update your Release client to Beta client.

Especially since Beta Client is literally the same thing and Release version atm ...

I'll leave this here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3027164&postcount=48

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

f

sounds like allot of self induced pain you and your buddies put on yourselves. Sounds like allot of drama. Lord why do people think the open beta is some sort of witch hunt? Its the same thing as stable except its getting updated sooner. You can switch back and forth between the versions in a matter of 2 minutes its posted many times in this thread. If 1.5.6 is broken you can simply revert back to Stable version.

+1. I think there is a lot of misunderstanding and exaggeration relegated to 1.5 beta. Maybe it comes from just the naming "beta" and some find it as a mind barrier. As many times stated when it comes to DCS the "1.5" and "1.5 early access" are really close to each other if not even sometimes the same. The situation is far from a cutting edge, researched technology where innovative high risk features are tested. Just a normal release cycle of incrementally updated software. There is borderline close to none reasons to insist on 1.5 "stable" labeled release, nor there is a 100% guarantee that 1.5 is free of bugs.

What is difficult to understand is if running core DCS in "stable" labeled version is such a point of life and death why is it not a problem to run an early access module which sometimes is even in state of alpha.

Following this logic, wait ~1 year from now until "early access" (beta) label is taken out from the module in DCS shop. All others for which it's obvious that beta comes before full release meantime will enjoy a new great Viggen and help the developper to improve it.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

It's a real shame seeing some members of this community acting so selfishly and being down right disrespectful.

Leatherneck have worked very hard for this moment and you greet it like this?

Some people don't even deserve to get it this early quite frankly.

/rant

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 8700K, 32GB RAM, Gigabyte GTX1080ti, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD Pack, 2x Lilliput 8" USB Monitors, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, CV1.

Especially since Beta Client is literally the same thing as Release version atm ...

I'll leave this here:

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3027164&postcount=48

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3027365&postcount=6

Yeeeeah. Like, what's going to happen if you take this huge scary jump to the open beta tomorrow is that you're going to get to install a patch, which is exactly what would have happened anyway, and you will be incompatible with some multiplayer servers for about a week, because in all likelihood next patch will make this open beta version the new stable release. You don't need to install an entirely new client and there is nothing "extra" you need to download. You are going to get this patch sooner or later, the only question is when. There was always going to be a patch to release the aircraft, so literally the only difference here is that you need to choose to install it now instead of in one or two weeks.

Okay sure if you love multiplayer and the Viggen and your favorite servers are going to be running the stable version (I've already seen several server admins announce that they're gonna be on open beta) you'll have to choose between the two for about a week or two, but there's nothing that stops you from patching back to 1.5.5 if you change your mind.

I really, really don't see what the big deal is here.

Edited by renhanxue
  • Like 1

Get the "DCS World 1.5 Early Access" from here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/

The download should not take too much time if another version is already installed as the installer is quite smart and will copy a lot of the files.

Another point is that the 1.5 beta is really usually stable. IMO there is not a lot of reasons to stick to 1.5.

Good Luck with the release Leatherneck !!!

I got the 1.5 Early Access by the link above, but it installed 1.5.5.60565 again. How do I get 1.5.6?

How (s)low can you go

The main issue is the lack of full disclosure. Waiting till two days before release to tell everyone, by the way we said we would release this on certain date, but hey we are only doing it on beta. That's what's upsetting everyone. If they would have said that from the getgo, it would be a different story. I tried that program for easy switch and for some reason it would not work. Got errors every time, so I had to install a third I stall of dcs. This takes up precious hard drive space. Maybe I don't need stable version installed. That has yet to be determined as of yet.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The main issue is the lack of full disclosure. Waiting till two days before release to tell everyone, by the way we said we would release this on certain date, but hey we are only doing it on beta. That's what's upsetting everyone. If they would have said that from the getgo, it would be a different story. I tried that program for easy switch and for some reason it would not work. Got errors every time, so I had to install a third I stall of dcs. This takes up precious hard drive space. Maybe I don't need stable version installed. That has yet to be determined as of yet.

You don't have to download ANYTHING literally anything right now.

Wait for the patch tomorrow when it gets released and do this ...

This is fuss is getting out of hand

I like how LN actually state what's gonna happen and they get bashed for it while with all other previous releases and devs you didn't know squat where it was gonna get released 1.5 Release or Open BEta or maybe 2.0 ...

Here you actually know what's gonna happen and people still bitch and moan ... Amazing

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Just install it all and RIP all other games. :D

I have the legacy DCS, The branch DCS, The open beta DCS and the 2.0 alpha.

And lots of mods with JSGME!

And no problems ever!!!!! Only fly what i want, when i want! :pilotfly::thumbup:

That's the way! The only one!

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Stuff like this happens all the time in game/sim communities. Everyone freaks out for days on end only to forget about it within hours of the release. It will pass.

Not to mention 1.5.6 will almost certainly bring exciting new features that would convince people to update anyway...

• Like 1

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.