• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

1.5.6 open beta this week only

next week if all goes to plan we will get a release version of 1.5.6

if you want to fly today you will need the beta

guides can be found here to convert https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

or download the beta early access and run as a separate install along side the release version

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/beta/

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Almost there gents, prolly another hour or so but hey, it's HERE!!!! :)

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

What about it? It has nothing to do with the Viggen that's for sure. :P

Sure it has, just not today. It will follow some weeks later. ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

For those that are wondering how to update from Stable to OpenBeta using Skate's GUI Updater, here's a very little tutorial:

But before that, this only works with DCS Standalone, it will NOT work with Steam.

And if you use JSGME, disable ALL the mods before updating! this is very important.

First thing you need to do is download the DCS Updater GUI Utility By Skate Zilla.

And by the way, you don't need to install anything, once you have downloaded the updater, you need to extract from the WinRar folder, and it goes to: C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

It should look like this:

9DfNcJO.png

You can also create a shortcut. (desktop)

After doing that, you can now open the Updater and click on "Advanced Update Options Panel" as you can see below:

XldCVK1.png

Another little window will pop up, and all you have to do is select the second option ""Update to latest OpenBeta Version" as you can see below.

rSsl10Y.png

And it will automatically update (once the update is available).

I hope this was useful!

Cheers

Edited by Vitormouraa

For those that are wondering how to update from Stable to OpenBeta using Skate's GUI Updater, here's a very little tutorial

And for those who don't need a fancy GUI and/or don't want to download a special tool: You can just use the windows CMD. Just navigate to the DCS World\bin folder and enter the following line in the cmd:

DCS_Updater.exe update @openbeta

;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ok, this screws me up...

I do have "DCS World OpenBeta" installed, so whats wrong?

I have no clue how to install DCS World Public or where to find it. :)

And putting that tool in any folder called "DCS World" don't work. I have no such folder! Only "DCS World 2 OpenAlpha" and "DCS World OpenBeta"

Patch released yet??

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Patch released yet??

No, it's not out yet. Maybe that's the source of all your problems?

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm going to fix it.

However, you're already using the OpenBeta..

I can't remember how the DCS folder looks like when you install the stable..

EDIT: I downloaded the stable version, and I tried to install it to see how it looks, and yes, if you have installed the stable instead of OpenBeta, the folder should be "DCS World", now if you have OpenBeta installed, it will be "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta"

This case you don't need to switch, because the OB is ALREADY installed! :)

Edited by Vitormouraa

Thx, that made things easier to handle...

Win 10 64. GTX1080 ti 11 Gb, Intel i-5, 16 Gb ram, SSD 1,5 Tb, 2 Terrabyte HD, Monitor ASUS XG32V 144Hz, Slaw Milans Rudder Pedals BF109F :thumbup:, Joystick - HOTAS Warthog, Throttle - HOTAS Warthog, TrackIR V5. Pimax 5.

Boy is it quiet in here.... I expected there to be some sort of fuss over the release ;)

We're all busy spamming F5.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

So... is it out yet?

^This guy^ :megalol:

Tornado3 small.jpg