Are the A10C training missions not included in 2.0?

agathorn

Been away from DCS for a long time. Years really. Decided to come back and play some more, and wanted to check out Nevada so I installed 2.0 rather than 1.5.

Then because I have been away for so long I didn't know how to do anything so thought I would redo the training missions. Except, I can't find them. Anywhere.

Are these not included in 2.0? Is there some other install I need to grab other than the A10C module? There used to be a whole series of missions covering all the topics of the aircraft from ramp start up to basic flight, sensors, armament etc.

Intel i7-4770k @ 4.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 1080ti, Oculus Rift S

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

All training, single missions, and free campaigns are included in 1.5 version Georgia. NTTR only has some instant action missions and DLC campaigns at this point.

He answered your question, but I would recommend the A-10C Red Flag campaign for Nevada if you get back into it. :)

Come join a passionate community of flight simmers everyday, live at

16hnv2f.png

PC Specs

Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.4GHz MSI Z170A Gaming M7

Corsair Vengeance LED 2666MHz 32GB DDR4

H115i 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

EVGA GeForce 980Ti Hybrid (built-in liquid cooling)

EVGA SuperNova 750W 80+Gold

Samsung NVMe 950PRO M.2 SSD 512GBx2

All training, single missions, and free campaigns are included in 1.5 version Georgia. NTTR only has some instant action missions and DLC campaigns at this point.

Oh bugger I didn't even consider the change in map to have an effect but I can see it now. I assume there is no way to get Georgia into 2.0, so I will have to have a second install of 1.5?

Advanced apologies if my post contains typos or missing letters. Many of my posts are typed on a laptop with an old keyboard that has a personality all its own.

He answered your question, but I would recommend the A-10C Red Flag campaign for Nevada if you get back into it. :)

I have that campaign for both A10 and F15 modules, but I need to git gud first :)

Oh bugger I didn't even consider the change in map to have an effect but I can see it now. I assume there is no way to get Georgia into 2.0, so I will have to have a second install of 1.5?

Yes you'll need 1.5 installed for Georgia. You can run both on versions on computer. We're hoping for the 2.5 version soon which will then be the one and only install needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting that the 2.0.5 patch notes mention fixes for training missions that don't exist.

Are they actually supposed to be in there and they just don't know they aren't? :p

Interesting that the 2.0.5 patch notes mention fixes for training missions that don't exist.

Are they actually supposed to be in there and they just don't know they aren't? :p

The missions would have to be recreated, almost completely from scratch, to make them compatible with Nevada. I seriously doubt they have that in the plans at all.

EDIT: I also don't see any mention of fixes to A-10 training missions mentioned in the change log.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The missions would have to be recreated, almost completely from scratch, to make them compatible with Nevada. I seriously doubt they have that in the plans at all.

EDIT: I also don't see any mention of fixes to A-10 training missions mentioned in the change log.

Well they didn't specify which aircraft but NONE of the ones I own have any training missions in 2.0. I guess maybe some do though. The fact that it was listed under the general section rather than a particular aircraft though I guess confused me.

It was the fact that they said they fixed the switch highlighting that caught my eye, because in 1.5 VR that is an annoying bug in the training, that you don't see the highlights.

So it may seem a little counter intuitive, but missions aren't distributed separately based on which version of the game that is installed. So all the missions in the assorted module folders for 1.5 and 2.0 are the same. There is a filter built into the editor which limits the missions displayed to the map you have. The changelog is compiled from the changes applied to a given version and since changes to missions applies to both versions, then it makes sense for it to be mentioned in the changelogs for both.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects: Scripting Wiki, Something...

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread), SLMOD, IADScript, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum