Any plane with any nation?

Spades_Neil

I know it can be done, but I do not know how. I have been playing missions with Su-33's and Su-27's under the control of USA forces. Not USAF Aggressors, actual USA. However I have no mods installed, so obviously these planes are not hard coded to any nation.

How can I make a mission for myself where any nation can have any aircraft? Furthermore, can I actually change the skins available for those aircraft? Because I've noticed that, for instance, USAF Aggressors do not have access to the other Su-27 skins. I don't want the same glitchiness with a USA Su-27 if I can avoid it.

I ask because I notice there are several nations that should have certain planes that do not, such as Iran having F-14A's. Or maybe that's not correct, but screw it, that's what I want. :smilewink:

Just go into the parent folder into scripts / database db_countries. Scroll to around the middle of the file and you'll see equipment on a per nation basis. Copy the aircraft you want and paste them where desired. In fact you can move any equipment wherever you want. I think that's what you're asking for... but you won't have special skins that automatically paint Russian aircraft in some chosen country paint job... same skins as usual just different country affiliation.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

I see some units commented out. Do they still exist in the code, or no?

Also, I have one more question. Can I slap on different armaments to some of these planes? For instance, AIM-9's on a Predator drone? Obviously you need radar or laser capabilities for some missiles or bombs to work, but I just mean in general. In Flaming Cliffs 1, I used a mod to stick an AIM-9 on a B-52 and it freakin' worked.

Edited by Spades_Neil

Also, I have one more question. Can I slap on different armaments to some of these planes? For instance, AIM-9's on a Predator drone? Obviously you need radar or laser capabilities for some missiles or bombs to work, but I just mean in general. In Flaming Cliffs 1, I used a mod to stick an AIM-9 on a B-52 and it freakin' worked.
This may work for many weapons.

Try them and see.

Some cockpits do not have the avionics to deploy some weapons.

You can also add countries to any aircraft by adding them to the aircraft lua.

At the bottom of the file there is a line similar to this,

countries = ("USA", "Russia")

Add your country to the list.

The definitions are found in the db_countries file.

Only use notepad++ to edit!

Hope this helps!

Hawkeye

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 7 months later...

So I've just added vehicles, planes and ships to give Iran more units when using them as red force and I followed the instructions carefully and it's not working. I added the new db_countries file to saved games/DCSopenbeta/Scripts/database and they do not have the new equipment and when putting the modded db file into the main database folder, DCS won't start.

It's a simple process and I did remember to delete them from the generic countries section shown in 2nd image. This is in 1.5.6 btw, any ideas?

21VoGGt.png

AUcVvJP.png

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung