Fanatec v3 pedals

• 5 months later...

Hi,

anyone got them working without using PPJoy? My Thrustmaster T300 pedals worked flawlessly using these settings, (both pedals as sliders, reducing Y saturation to 50% and inverting one of the axis) but I can't make my Fanatec Clubsport v3 work, despite there're users on this forum saying they can.

Regards

Edited by Rantam

Hi,

anyone got them working without using PPJoy? I was able to make my Thrustmaster T300 pedals working using these settings, (both pedals as sliders, reducing Y saturation to 50% and inverting one of the axis) but I can't make my Fanatec Clubsport v3 work, despite there're users out there saying they could.

Regards

Hmmm i recognise your name from the sim racing world... Historix team???????

Hmmm i recognise your name from the sim racing world... Historix team???????
Yep. I'm that Rantam ;) Clearly a lot of us share our passion between both worlds (at least).

Any chance you having those v3 too?

Cheers

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

I'll jump on the racing bandwagon too :thumbup: Rally For me, DiRT, RBR, anything off the tarmac :pilotfly: Can't imagine using my Pedals for flying compared to actual rudder pedals, though It's probably better than a twist stick

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

I did what Sokol1 suggested and performed a forum search on the topic, but will post the link here for you. :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=877393&postcount=7

I actually did this just yesterday for my CSP Ver 2 and it works perfectly - very happy! (Been wanting to do this for a while but was just using the rudder on my TWCS throttle).

To avoid any confusion you need to select the Rudder box twice in you specific pedals column and add each pedal - so you will have two separate commands in the Rudder box under the heading of your pedals (Mine showed axis Rx and Rz). Also if you want to add any curve it will need to be negative.

Then you can add the middle brake pedal as the brakes as a normal slider.

Further reading in that thread suggests you need to set the Saturation X to 90 so they don't fight each other at the centre position - haven't tried that myself as they seemed to work fine. But they might be fighting and sending lots of unneeded info to the sim.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi VampireNZ,

thanks, but I already did all that. As I posted before that configuration worked flawlessly with my Thrustmaster's T300 pedals, but with the Fanatec Clubsport v3 I can't make it work properly. I figured out that I must use an user curve to make them negative, but when I do it a "step" appears to each side of the curve (check the red box on the 2nd and 3rd screenshots below):

mFz2C5Digital_Combat_Simulator_25_07_2017_22_39_22.jpg

Digital_Combat_Simulator_25_07_2017_22_39_45.jpg

Digital_Combat_Simulator_25_07_2017_22_40_13.jpg

Those steps apply 100% and 0% when you're expecting to have the opposite amount of slider value, which makes the configuration useless as long as the pedals are resting or being pressed 100%.

Does anyone know how to sort that out?

Kindest regards

mFz2C5

Edited by Rantam

Hi VampireNZ,

thanks, but I already did all that. As I posted before that configuration worked flawlessly with my Thrustmaster's T300 pedals, but with the Fanatec Clubsport v3 I can't make it work properly. I figured out that I must use an user curve to make them negative, but when I do it a "step" appears to each side of the curve

mFz2C5

Apologies, just trying to help. As I said I carried out the instructions my V2 pedals are working as rudders perfectly?

If others are saying it also works then I would say it is something your end - obviously these ppl with the same pedals with it working fine didn't have that problem.

I am not sure what you mean by having to make a user curve to make them negative? I certainly don't need to make a 'user curve'? Make what negative?

I would check in the Fanatec calibration for these spikes you are seeing at full travel - different setting there maybe?

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Apologies, just trying to help. As I said I carried out the instructions my V2 pedals are working as rudders perfectly?

If others are saying it also works then I would say it is something your end - obviously these ppl with the same pedals with it working fine didn't have that problem.

I am not sure what you mean by having to make a user curve to make them negative? I certainly don't need to make a 'user curve'? Make what negative?

I would check in the Fanatec calibration for these spikes you are seeing at full travel - different setting there maybe?

No need to apologize, I know you're trying to help. Not sure if my previous comments sounded too harsh, but that wasn't my intention, sorry. If that is the case then it's me the one apologizing ;)

Now, yes, I know there're many people out here using simracing pedals sucessfully. As I wrote I was one of them before moving to the clubsports v3. But not anymore.

The reason why I have to use a negative curve is my pedals pulling in the opposite direction if I don't do that. What I mean is that I must press them 100% so they both rest at 0% in game. Then if I release one slowly from 100% to 0% then in game it acts as going from 0 to 100%. Se they're acting as being inverted so I have to set a negative curve. It would work fine theoretically, but then those weird steps at the end of the curve appeared.

Yep, I know the problem is on my end, with my pedals or whatever. Again, my Thrustmaster ones worked, and your v2 also do that, so is pretty clear mine have some kind of problem with DCS, or DCS with them ;)

Regarding the calibration any other game (simracing titles) handle the automatic calibration these v3 use without a problem. But I have also used manual calibration on the Fanatec control panel and that doesn't seem to solve the problem of these steps on the negative forces.

So, I'm running out of ideas... BTW, I'm using latest drivers (289 beta, I think) and firmware 1.30.

Kindest regards

Edited by Rantam

No problems - here are my pedal setups, hope it helps. Good luck in sorting it out!

Left Pedal.jpg

Right Pedal.jpg

Oh, and I just tried your User Curves - take a look at how my curve looks now trying that (quik test so not smooth), look familiar?....reckon that could be your problem!!

User Curve.jpg

Just set a 'normal' curve as per my screenshots, or better yet just try 0 for a start. If you do want to use a little curve then you need it to be negative so it is slower at the start of travel of each pedal, not at the end.

1916308809_LeftPedal.thumb.jpg.b813ff1281da3e81c064924c8d68116f.jpg

2032322604_RightPedal.thumb.jpg.f63dba078d57da97321cdc318b8378cb.jpg

1296327930_UserCurve.thumb.jpg.bc19f5a0e9f2c9137335118804185531.jpg

Edited by VampireNZ

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, simracing pedals are better than nothing/twist stick ;)

So, going back on topic, any chance of anyone having working Fanatec v3s on DCS?

Regards

no sorry bud.. im using pro flight pedals for flying and t500rs pedals for racing

Hi again,

No prob, Tricky1. And will try that, VampireNZ :)

I made it work in the end, but using 3rd party software: UCR + vJoy. I've created a tutorial and will share it here so anyone with similar issues will have a solution. But if I can make it work without using these I'd be happier. So, as i said I'll give that a try and will let you know ;)

Thanks all for your help! :)

How to use Fanatec Clubsport v3 pedals as rudder pedals in DCS

Objective

I don’t have flight sim rudder pedals but I have simracing pedals, so I want to use them in DCS as rudder pedals.

The problem that you’ll face when trying to do this is that you will have two separate axis in your simracing pedals (usually throttle and clutch pedals) that need to be translated as an unique axis (the rudder pedals axis) ingame.

My Thrustmaster T300’s could be easily configured on DCS to work as intended, but my Fanatec Clubsport v3 can’t be configured like that because their axis are inverted and DCS can’t deal with that properly (I won’t get in details, but I spent days trying without any luck).

I describe how to do make them work in this document.

Required software

· Install Universal Control Remaper (UCR) (https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12249&sid=2674042f70a3d18f5c201810dea5092f)

· Install vJoy (http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net )

Configuring UCR

· Launch UCR

· Create a new Profile. Name it “Fanatec as rudders”, for example.

· In the “plugin selection” drop list select “Remapper (Axis Merger) – Merges two input axes into one output virtual axis” and click the “Add” button to its right.

ysPBIKZysPBIKZer3ms5er3ms5Axis_Merge.jpg

· Give this plugin a name, for example “FanatecV3”.

· In the plugin now you have to set the two axis you want to merge into one:

- Click the “Input Axis 1” button labeled as “Select an input axis” and select “Stick 1”

Input_Axis1.jpg

- Click again “Input Axis 1” button and select “Axes 1-X”

- Move the clutch pedal. If the “Input 1 Preview” slider moves then the clutch pedal is the Axes 1(X) on Stick 1. If there’s no movement click again the “Input Axis 1” and select “Axes 2-Y” and press again. Repeat the process through all axis of all sticks until you find the stick and axis assigned to your clutch pedal (in my case it was Stick 5, Axis 3)

- Repeat all this process with the “Input Axis 2” button too, but use the throttle pedal instead the clutch, until you find its stick and axis (in my case it was Stick 5, Axis 1). As you see clutch and throttle share the same Stick.

· Now if you press both pedals both Input 1 preview and Input 2 preview will move.

· Now click the “Output Virtual Axis” button and define the virtual button where you want to merge your two Fanatec pedals. Select “vJoy Stick 2” and “vJoy Axis 1”

· Now when you press the clutch and the throttle you’ll see how the output virtual axis moves.

· Right now both pedals translate into the virtual axis as cumulative (each one adds the 50% of the virtual axis movement). But as we want that they pull to opposite directions from the middle of the axis enable the “Invert” checkbox under the Input Axis 1. You’ll see now that when you’re not pressing any pedal the virtual axis is on the middle, and when you press the clutch or the throttle it moves to left or right:

configured.jpg

· Click the “Save settings” button available at the bottom of the UCR window.

· Go to IOClasses menu / VJoy and install the SCPVBus. This will restart UCR.

SCPVBus_Installation.jpg

Configuring VJoy

Once you have installed it vJoy will create a virtual joystick device in Windows’ Game devices list:

Windows_Devices.jpg

But before using it we have to configure it properly so the virtual axis we created in UCR above is mapped to this new device.

· Launch “Configure vJoy”. The tab showing virtual device 1 will appear. There seems to be some kind of issue with vJoy that doesn’t allow UCR to use this first device, so click the “Add device” button in the lower section of the window to create a new vJoy device.

vJoy1.jpg

· Now go to the second tab “2” and disable every axis except “X” (if you remember in URC we were going to map the UCR virtual axis to vJoy device 2, axis X (1)). You can also set “number of buttons” as zero and disable the force feedback effects, as we’re not using them. Once done click “Apply”.

vJoy2.jpg

· Now exit vJoy and also UCR (if it was still open)

· Launch UCR and vJoy again.

· Launch “vJoy Device list”. You should see the vJoy device 2 there.

v_Joy_Device_List.jpg

· Launch “Monitor vJoy” too. This app allows you to check if vJoy devices are receiving any kind of input

- Select the vJoy device 2 in the vJoy device drop list. Only the X axis should show up, being the rest of axis and buttons disabled.

Monitor.jpg

· As you see if you’re not pressing any pedal the virtual X axis is resting at 50%

resting.jpg

· If you press the clutch pedal, you’ll see how the virtual X axis go to 0%

Full_Clutch.jpg

· If you press the throttle pedal you’ll se how the virtual X axis go to 100%:

Full_Throttle.jpg

· So, the new virtual X axis on vJoy 2 seems to be working properly. Not you only have to configure DCS to use this new axis.

Using the new virtual vJoy device in DCS

· Launch DCS

· Go to the configuration screen, controls.

· Select the plane you’re going to configure and then “Axis commands” controller section drop list:

controls.jpg

· You’ll see a column for your new vJoy device. Select the “Rudder” cell of that column and press “Axis assign” button. On the next form press the throttle and clutch pedals. “Joy_X” should register there. Accept the changes to go back.

· Now remove any other command that might be assigned to the vJoy device. Is not a bad idea to remove also any other binding to the “Rudder” command except vJoy’s

· Click the “Axis tune” button to check the axis. If you press the pedals you should see the Axis_X moving. You don’t need to change any setting.

axistune.jpg

Now you’re ready to flight your plane using your Fanatec Clubsport v3 as rudder pedals! :joystick:

In case you have comments or doubts about this tutorial, please just let me know :smartass:

Regards

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Rantam - I THANK YOU. I had the very same problem after upgrading from my Elite pedals to the V3's and I all but gave up on using them. Your instructions work a treat and I am super happy to be able to use rudders again.

Didn't want your efforts to go unnoticed. I certainly appreciate them!

• 1 month later...
Rantam - I THANK YOU. I had the very same problem after upgrading from my Elite pedals to the V3's and I all but gave up on using them. Your instructions work a treat and I am super happy to be able to use rudders again.

Didn't want your efforts to go unnoticed. I certainly appreciate them!

I'm really glad it helped you! I know how frustrating it's not being able to use your pedals when you know there's for sure a way to make then work as rudder pedals ;)

Kindest regards

• 1 year later...

Rantam - Thanks so much!

I had the same issue. Followed your steps and now I can use my Fanatec V3 peddles for Rudder and Brake as it should be! You saved me sooo much pain...

Great work and very much appreciate the time and effort you took to make your guide.

Kind regards

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...