Unusable record flight!

petsild

Hi,

I'm trying to make a fair record of any flight and always after saving and re-looking I'm looking at a completely different event than it was in reality. This defect there is always what there is a DCS, it will not better this function prefer to completely drain? I have countless modules and this defect is absolutely for all where is the mistake?

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

When you replay a track, DCS replays your control inputs.

It seems that 1.5.5 force feedback replays are bugged ATM and do not match the expected recorded flight inputs, causing aircraft/helicopters to crash, etc. in the replay.

AFAIK if you want to fly missions and play back tracks for YouTube, etc. you will need to disable force feedback for your MSFFB2 joystick until the issue is fixed.

However, as the track records inputs, not events - even "good" track replays can become desync'ed (especially is you use pause or fast forward) and/or gun strafe, bomb release, etc. that resulted in a kill or damage, can play back as a miss (due to accumulated errors or perhaps probability distribution) and vice versa.

For post mission analysis, I'd recommend Tacview, as it records mission 'events' and isn't subject to the same errors.

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

the track replay system is a bit bugged, you should instead to replay your flight use Tacview, or record them with a video capturing programm for example

+10000. Tracks are not reliable from the beginning of DCS and even before (started only in 2009 so I can't tell before)

If you want to know what happened during your flight, use Tacview. 100% reliable and accurate.

• Like 1

Since I think 1.5.4 I've been unable to get tracks to replay properly for any module in 1.5 or 2.0, no matter what, the aircraft will usually startup and sometimes even taxi accurately, but then once it gets to takeoff, mods enabled or not, the thing just runs home to momma.

Really upsetting too because I wish I could watch/save tracks for video editing etc... so I just livestream every time I fly so I have a way to review it somehow.

BTW have multiple PCs with DCS on my house and on my most powerful machine the tracks cash, on a different one I get farther along before crash, then I rebooted and was able to watch the tracks all the way through. SO try a reboot. Its like every attempt is a crap shoot and sometimes it works.