TWS question

riproren

I'm working my way through the various radar modes and I find myself stuck on TWS. I've tried following the instructions in Chucks tutorial but I'm obviously missing something. I can't seem to get into TWS mode so that I can lock multiple targets.

If one of you experienced F15 jockeys could please lay out the correct steps I'd very much appreciate it.

• Like 1

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

2 (for BVR), "I" (radar on), "RAlt+I" (TWS) doesn't drop you into it?

Didn't seem to work. In Chucks guide, it also said that I needed to be in "Narrow" mode for it to work, which he designated as (RCTRL -). That didn't seem to work either. I haven't changed any key bindings either.

In your example, am I safe in assuming its "I" first, then 2 for BVR?

Alienware Area 51, Windows 10, I7-5820k, 6 cores 15mb Cache Overclocked to 3.8GGZ, 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2133mhz, Dual Nvidia Titan X 12MB. 2TB 7200rpm sata 6gb/s,

You might like to watch this video - it's very informative:

Okay, that clears up a few things. He seemed to indicate that when selecting TWS, it automatically switches to "Narrow" mode, where as I was doing manually. That might be the cause of my difficulty.

I'll check when I get home.

Thanks to all of you for your assistance.

• 4 weeks later...

there are a few bugs with radar select mode I've found I'm I am completely novice, sometimes when switching between high and low and tws, the radar will get stuck on narrow band, and be inoperative with no TDC. the fix for this is to turn it off completely for 3 seconds, switch to your cannon,switch to NAV mode, and that should clear it up. If that doesn't clear it up, go through the checklist up unto the NAV mode i just described, but omit that and substitute going into BVR mode. that should force boot it into operation again, but the narrow band may still be hating on you.

I had problems with TWS mode, until I unbound and rebound it to a custom mapping, also insure whichever key it is mapped to in the end is simultaneously not being used under the control tab labeled "UI LAYER". I use a thrustmaster hotas, but on the stick i have panel buttons, I simply put all my radar modes on my right. You want to make sure there are no discrepancies or coincidences between any of your input controllers.

another bug i have encountered, for transparency has to do with AIM120 or aim7ss being selected, and then going to aim9s in bore sight mode after a lock has established... This should cycle smoothly to slave mode, or am I wrong? I always need to redope the target with the aim 9 when i switch out. I tend to close down, using scissors and energy tactics, to get gun kills, and conserve my missiles. I usually close in with different weapons, only firing if you get a good angle and B nZing out of there.

Sorry for the novel, I am anything but brief. This is an amazing simulation, I see the potential for so much more. I am currently pre development for an arcade style cold war era parallel universe custom campaign built for the game avionics mode, I am also learning the f15c in simulation, totally suck, and would be welcome to any hazing necessary.

Be well.

there are a few bugs with radar select mode I've found I'm I am completely novice, sometimes when switching between high and low and tws, the radar will get stuck on narrow band, and be inoperative with no TDC. the fix for this is to turn it off completely for 3 seconds, switch to your cannon,switch to NAV mode, and that should clear it up. If that doesn't clear it up, go through the checklist up unto the NAV mode i just described, but omit that and substitute going into BVR mode. that should force boot it into operation again, but the narrow band may still be hating on you.

I had problems with TWS mode, until I unbound and rebound it to a custom mapping, also insure whichever key it is mapped to in the end is simultaneously not being used under the control tab labeled "UI LAYER". I use a thrustmaster hotas, but on the stick i have panel buttons, I simply put all my radar modes on my right. You want to make sure there are no discrepancies or coincidences between any of your input controllers.

another bug i have encountered, for transparency has to do with AIM120 or aim7ss being selected, and then going to aim9s in bore sight mode after a lock has established... This should cycle smoothly to slave mode, or am I wrong? I always need to redope the target with the aim 9 when i switch out. I tend to close down, using scissors and energy tactics, to get gun kills, and conserve my missiles. I usually close in with different weapons, only firing if you get a good angle and B nZing out of there.

Sorry for the novel, I am anything but brief. This is an amazing simulation, I see the potential for so much more. I am currently pre development for an arcade style cold war era parallel universe custom campaign built for the game avionics mode, I am also learning the f15c in simulation, totally suck, and would be welcome to any hazing necessary.

Be well.

Thanks for the response. If you want some good info on the F15, do a quick search of the threads I've started since last April. Great group of guys around here that have helped me immensely by post links to other threads and links to very helpful videos.

• Like 1