Possible Magic and 530D as captive weapons?

jaguara5

I would like to ask, if it's possible to develop the Magic and 530D missiles as captive / non lethal variants for practicing purposes in SP and MP missions. The latest Hellas Theater in bms offers that and it's a nice feature.

Or at least have available the external model for the Magic X and 530X training variants (blue paint) for eye candy purposes.

1+

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it would be a nice addition after the mirage gets all the other rugs smashed. Then maybe they can look at adding it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Hmmm, this sounds really interesting. Any other modules planning on developing such weapons? Not familiar with how these work. Just stay on the rails and computer simulates the intercept for a launched weapon? Indication of hit? This would be amazing for some A2A training with folks.

Until now, I've sufficed with unlimited weapons and invincibility - works relatively well.

Edited by Dino Might

Hmmm, this sounds really interesting. Any other modules planning on developing such weapons? Not familiar with how these work. Just stay on the rails and computer simulates the intercept for a launched weapon? Indication of hit? This would be amazing for some A2A training with folks.

Until now, I've sufficed with unlimited weapons and invincibility - works relatively well.

AFAIK, the only modules that has training weapons available is the A-10C. You can even go to the DSMS and input simulated weapons and get the correct HUD "symbology" to practice delivery parameters without having to rearm.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Set the aircraft in the mission designed for training as invincible?

Well you can do that but it's more towards the side of realism for some. Yes the invincible would work but the unlimited weapons will just respawn on the aircraft and I'm I'm in a merge with an offset load out I'd rather want to keep it that way and not be thrown off by a missile appearing on the airframe.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Well you can do that but it's more towards the side of realism for some. Yes the invincible would work but the unlimited weapons will just respawn on the aircraft and I'm I'm in a merge with an offset load out I'd rather want to keep it that way and not be thrown off by a missile appearing on the airframe.

Same way I feel. I don't really like doing either. Even if it were just inert weapons with no warhead and motor. The Police mode with this would be pretty good. This is one of those things for those really interested in realism.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I'm all for it, too. I enjoyed messing with the A-10C's captive Aim-9s. I know it's a sim and we can set up missions where you respawn head-to-head for a merge if you're in for that sort of thing but there is no complaint for more options being available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist