Currently Known Release Issues

RagnarDa

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say that this fighter is a marvel,I still fly for a good one hour for tame this beast. For the ruder problem l disable the SPAK system for take off and landing

A big thank you again to the team leatherneck simulation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]:alien:My dailymotion channel:http://www.dailymotion.com/buldingm :pilotfly:

and youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/buldingm

absolutely no FFB with my MS FFB2 Stick on Win7 :-( all other modules work fine.

imo this is more urgent than any other fix ;-)

Edited by kubanloewe

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick

Am i the only one that thinks that the RB 24J and RB 74 are very much underperforming in general but especially when it comes to their seekers?

The RB 74 especially as it has a very hard time to lock up targets even at shorter ranges and seems to be completely unable to do all-aspect lock (And since the RB 74 is based on the Aim-9L it should be as capable in that area as the Aim-9M).

And while a AJS 37 pilot should generally try to avoid combat with enemy fighters having the missiles perform properly would be very nice =P.

Am i the only one that thinks that the RB 24J and RB 74 are very much underperforming in general but especially when it comes to their seekers?

The RB 74 especially as it has a very hard time to lock up targets even at shorter ranges and seems to be completely unable to do all-aspect lock (And since the RB 74 is based on the Aim-9L it should be as capable in that area as the Aim-9M).

And while a AJS 37 pilot should generally try to avoid combat with enemy fighters having the missiles perform properly would be very nice =P.

Yea i agree. Ive been ~0.5 miles behind unaware mig 21s trying to lock them but it takes forever. It usually locks them when they start turning or something. Compared to a f15 or su27 where u can lock someone up well beyond 5 miles.

Fortunatly the 24j maneuvers quite well at least :)

absolutely no FFB with my MS FFB2 Stick on Win7 :-( all other modules work fine.

imo this is more urgent than any other fix ;-)

Bump; now the Viggen is no more beta but still we MSFFB2 users and some others have no FFB; :-(

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick

Just bought my Viggen today, so there are bugs, ....any idea what it would cost get get a flight in the real thing! I'm happy, just need a cockpit light switch, sure is dark in there but it looks great, a bit squirrely on on turns but that might be the FM with the Canards feel like it slides into to turns, my landings need some work.

Question, second flight I chopped the throttle and turned into finals and there was a loud BANG, did I just surge the engine and have a failure? or could it have been a bird strike, I tried to make the runway but after a few more bangs things wound down and I ran out of time, height and speed before I got the seat out.....silly boy, but MAN did that get my attention! Brilliant THANKS GUYS

Just bought my Viggen today, so there are bugs, ....any idea what it would cost get get a flight in the real thing! I'm happy, just need a cockpit light switch, sure is dark in there but it looks great, a bit squirrely on on turns but that might be the FM with the Canards feel like it slides into to turns, my landings need some work.

Question, second flight I chopped the throttle and turned into finals and there was a loud BANG, did I just surge the engine and have a failure? or could it have been a bird strike, I tried to make the runway but after a few more bangs things wound down and I ran out of time, height and speed before I got the seat out.....silly boy, but MAN did that get my attention! Brilliant THANKS GUYS

Was the banging accompained by Beeping sounds? ^-^

If so you had a compressor stall due to high AOA.

You dont wanna pull AOA above 18-20 degrees or you will start having troubles.

And about the cockpit lighting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uSpZROuEd3bEwwQ1A4cU82ejg/view

page 34 shows the location of the Instrument and flood light controls.

Edited by mattebubben

Anyone else having trouble binding some keys to HOTAS? I'm using X55, and it won't let me bind certain functions to it. I can re-assign a new keyboard command, but the HOTAS fields are not even clickable.

In-game: Badger

I5-6600k @ 4.5 | MSI Z170A Krait | GTX 1070 G1 | 32Gb Ripjaw | Corsair H60 AIO | X-55 Rhino HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | Saitek Pro Pedals

A-10 Warthog: For the times when absolutely, positively everything must die.

A10C | F/A-18C | F-14B | M2000C | AJS37 | UH1 | FC3

Anyone else having trouble binding some keys to HOTAS? I'm using X55, and it won't let me bind certain functions to it. I can re-assign a new keyboard command, but the HOTAS fields are not even clickable.

Same, I can't assign FR22 and 24 radio to my Cougar for eg., you can't click in the hotas section. Also, I don't find the autopilot disconnect button (on the stick), would be nice to have it.

Was the banging accompained by Beeping sounds? ^-^

If so you had a compressor stall due to high AOA.

You dont wanna pull AOA above 18-20 degrees or you will start having troubles.

And about the cockpit lighting.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-uSpZROuEd3bEwwQ1A4cU82ejg/view

page 34 shows the location of the Instrument and flood light controls.

Thanks Matebubbe - understood, yes I've now got further into the manual, :doh:

Och who reads the manual,:lol:

I did it again this morning and yes being ham fisted gets you a hole in the ground, in short order. I think that is BRILLIANT, IMHO this is a aircraft that demands respect and study.

Quality sim, I'm going to have to RTFM

• 2 weeks later...

Magnetic declination correction knob...

Hi there !

A question about the magnetic declination correction knob, in the lower far right corner in the cockpit: When dragging it I don't see it turning, and there should be a white arrow/dot on the knob to see the correction value you want to set, no ?

I've found that even without a lock i can usually fire and have them hit the target. I'm essentially considering them Aim-9m and fire them when i expect them to hit even without lock, as soon as they're off the rails they seem to do their job just fine.

One of my problems now is using Mavs, the hud is wayyy too damn high for boresight, same with the 24s, i have no physical way of seeing my boresight hud and my mav seeker screen to confirm the right lock. I can't imagine a pilot scrounching down and then up and to the right to confirm lock... I'd immeadtly re-align the mav seeker screen slightly. Physically if needed. Tried it in VR too the positioning is just as wonky, can't imagine without trackIR.

Edited by Csar

I've found that even without a lock i can usually fire and have them hit the target. I'm essentially considering them Aim-9m and fire them when i expect them to hit even without lock, as soon as they're off the rails they seem to do their job just fine.

One of my problems now is using Mavs, the hud is wayyy too damn high for boresight, same with the 24s, i have no physical way of seeing my boresight hud and my mav seeker screen to confirm the right lock. I can't imagine a pilot scrounching down and then up and to the right to confirm lock... I'd immeadtly re-align the mav seeker screen slightly. Physically if needed. Even in VR this is frustrating, i can't imagine for someone without trackIR.

When it comes to the HUD for the mav and Rb 24/74.

Simply Lower the seat.

There are controls to lower and raise the seat.

If you just lower the seat a bit you should be able to see the Boresight area just fine on the hud.

When it comes to the HUD for the mav and Rb 24s.

Simply Lower the seat.

There are controls to lower and raise the seat.

If you just lower the seat a bit you should be able to see the Boresight area just fine on the hud.

Yes, but what im saying is that when you do you lose complete sight of the mav seeker head. For the 24s its not a problem, for the mavs it is as you can't confirm what you are locking on.

Yes, but what im saying is that when you do you lose complete sight of the mav seeker head. For the 24s its not a problem, for the mavs it is as you can't confirm what you are locking on.

If i just lower the Seat slightly to where i can just see the boresight area on the hud (very close to the edge) i can still use the EP-13 Maverick sight without any issues.

Or am i misunderstanding what you said =P.

I think you get me, if you do it just barely, you can just barely see the boresight and the ep-13, but barely on both accounts. I can hit things in fields most of the time like this but actual target acquisition with camo near trees or in a city becomes nay impossible for me because just barely seeing these at the kinds of distances you'd want to engage is just not enough.

I end up just using rockets because by the time i can get a good visual confirmation, i'm usually close enough to just rocket anyways. ATM SOP for me at fields is just lowering barely to see both, at cities or trees, lower to see boresight, point at target point, ATT hold, raise up and to the right to actually look at the EP-13 and slew it to target. Then back to center seat before firing and dodging wtv the crap is coming at me.

I can sort of understand why the boresight hud might be so high (maybe angles on the missiles? from the pylon?) but i can't understand why the EP-13 would be oriented the way it is... it just seems counter-intuitive not to mention it seems mounted on a simple mechanical base which would... be altered so easily for better vision at all times...

• Like 1

Hi there !

A question about the magnetic declination correction knob, in the lower far right corner in the cockpit: When dragging it I don't see it turning, and there should be a white arrow/dot on the knob to see the correction value you want to set, no ?

Yep, I have the same issue...

If i remember correctly, it has a lil plastic cover ontop of it that you need to flip out of the way first?