Assigning controls crashes DCS

CR4ZYHOR5E

Assigning controls....

When editing/mapping buttons in the main menu and pressing ok crashes the program. Same issue as the M2000C. Work around is to launch mission and edit assignments from the ESC menu.

Don't know whether it's just me or whether others have this issue. As I say I have the same issue with M2000C.

Same here.

Normally I can add perhaps two or three commands with other modules and click ok without getting the blackscreen bug.

With this it's just instant after modifying controls. Can confirm that getting in the pit and modifying from there works just fine, though.

Lord of Salt

I have no problems too. I did the assigning in the cockpit on the runway.

But if i remember correct, there was a problem with an earlier module(different dev). Maybe if you search the forum you find a solution. I believe there was something with a corrupt key binding file that has to be deleted with the downside you have to to it for all your modules again, but i'm not sure.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I did the assignments in the cockpit. From DCS menus I get a black screen. And from the cockpit I cleaned all assigments first and OK button does not respond, so I pressed Cancel and cleaned a few, press OK, cleaned a few, press OK, etc.

I think this is the relevant error:

00041.813 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1612: attempt to index local 'defaultCommand' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1612: in function 'getCommandAddedCombos_'
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1668: in function 'getKeyCommandDiff_'
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1687: in function 'getKeyDiffs_'
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1750: in function 'saveDeviceProfile'
   [string "./Scripts/Input\Data.lua"]:1872: in function 'saveChanges'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabViewControls.lua"]:82: in function 'save'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\TabsView.lua"]:211: in function 'onOptionsSaved'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Controller.lua"]:65: in function 'optionsSaved'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/Options\Data.lua"]:151: in function 'saveChanges'
   [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_options.lua"]:98: in function 'onChange'
   [string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'
   [string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:318: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:313>

Full log file attached. I deleted all logs before starting the game, so this is the result of simply: Launch -> Options -> Controls -> AJS37 -> Clear category -> OK.

Same problem here. One has to configure in-game, there it works most of the time.

If you configure the assignments of the Viggen in the main DCS UI black screen-CTD,

ctrl-alt-del the only option.

Does not- I repeat - does not - happen with other planes (A-10C, Mig-21 and Spit),

installed in the same, repaired 1.5.6.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

And here the log.....

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

I had the same Black screen bug whenever I tried to change controls.

I did this to fix it.

Find this folder after the bug and you forced DCS to shut down:

C:\Users\[you]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\AJS37

In this folder I had one empty folder "Keyboard".

Right click on AJS37 folder, choose properties and untick "Read only" for all sub files and folders.

Restart DCS and it worked for me.

*Edit, I did a reboot after the first failed attempt but it was the same. Didn´t work for me until I made the change above.

Edited by illern

Win10Prox64, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro, Intel i7-9900K@5,1GHz, 32Gb DDR4 GSkill TridentZ@3900GHz, Gigabyte RTX 2080ti Xtreme 11Gb, Game on Samsung M2 960 Pro, TM WH HOTAS, TM TPR , HP Reverb Pro G1, TM MFD

Black screen when clicking "OK" after mapping controls.

As the title says, every time I try to map a control and click okay the game just goes to a black screen. I have to Alt-Tab out and close the game in the taskbar. It's a bummer because I've been looking forward to flying this, but since I can't map any controls looks like it'll have to wait until a patch fixes this.

EDIT: Just saw this thread so disregard mine. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=181510

Edited by AnthonyD5189

I didn't have this problem, but this might be the difference. After downloading update and the Viggen, I found I had to be somewhere else so shut DCS down. At same time I had just started having the task bar not autohiding (not related) so while I was gone I thought I would restart the computer to fix taskbar problem.

Later when home again I started setting up my bindings before even starting to open the Viggen. I had no problem going to options and completely setting by buttons on Warthog.

Maybe the reason I don't have the lockup problem is because I rebooted after update install.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

Same happens with Mirage 2000k. Same workaround as Uboats said. Or repeat the process until it works.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I had the same Black screen bug whenever I tried to change controls.

I did this to fix it.

Find this folder after the bug and you forced DCS to shut down:

C:\Users\[you]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\AJS37

In this folder I had one empty folder "Keyboard".

Right click on AJS37 folder, choose properties and untick "Read only" for all sub files and folders.

Restart DCS and it worked for me.

*Edit, I did a reboot after the first failed attempt but it was the same. Didn´t work for me until I made the change above.

Yes that work for me , problem is read-only on folder AJS37. thanks :thumbup:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Does not work here. The files keyboard.lua etc of the Viggen ARE NOT

read only, but the folders are, and I can not remove the read only attribute from the folders.

DOES NOT happen with other planes (A-10C, Mig-21 and Spit),

installed in the same, repaired 1.5.6. With this planes, the files keyboard.lua etc of the Viggen ARE NOT read only, but the folders are.

I have to configure in-game, there it works most of the time.

Though, my folder is not:

C:\Users\me\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\AJS37

But C:\Users\me\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\AJS37

because I updated an existing 1.5.5 release to a 1.5.6 beta.

Leatherneck, anyone?

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Correction: Does not work here. The files keyboard.lua etc of the Viggen ARE NOT

read only, but the folders are, and I can not remove the read only attribute from the folders.

DOES NOT happen with other planes (A-10C, Mig-21 and Spit),

installed in the same, repaired 1.5.6. With this planes, the files keyboard.lua etc

ARE NOT read only, but the folders are.

I have to configure in-game, there it works most of the time.

Though, my folder is not:

C:\Users\me\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\AJS37

But C:\Users\me\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\AJS37

because I updated an existing 1.5.5 release to a 1.5.6 beta.

Leatherneck, anyone?

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

The read-only flag only applies to files, not folders/directories. Not sure about Windows 10 but Windows 7 actually tells you that - "(Only applies to files in folder)". If you look at the properties of a folder it'll show read-only in an 'indeterminate' state; clicking it to set or clear the checkmark and hitting apply will let you recursively apply it to the files in the folder (and subfolders).

• 1 month later...

Same exact problem in

DCS 2.0.5.2576 Update 1!

Please advise

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Way I got round it was to assign in a mission.

To be exact, I started the cold start mission, assigned the axes then saved the profiles and exited.

Then I assigned each category one by one and after each category I saved and exited then restarted.

This way, if and when it crashes you don't lose everything and it gets done a lot quicker and is less frustrating than waiting for the day you can manage to get the lot done in one go ;)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

• 8 months later...