1.5.6 issues

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suffering from longer loading times and occasional in game stuttering.... not unplayable but irritating.

Please find attached my "options.lua".

options.lua

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

I also have bad frame stuttering (and I thought my speech was bad) then it freezes and ctd. Will post my logs when I get a chance.

using yaptalk

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• ED Team

About long mission loading time.

1. Delete \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\ folder (make a backup firstly).

2. In game sub-folder \bin launch dcs_updater.exe with "cleanup" command (dcs_updater cleanup). WARNING: it will delete all non-versioned files in your OB install, such as custom mods etc.

3. Make a DCS repair (dcs_updater repair) in the same \bin folder.

Launch DCS and check if loading time get better.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

Longer loading times than before and less stable framerates with the open beta on my system. With less stable I mean, when in VR I used to had a solid 45fps always, now it dips into the 20/30's )

Loading the viggen takes about 55 second for the first load after that it's about 40 seconds. (Viggen cold start instant action mission)

DCS is on a SSD and the DCS saved games folder on a different SSD.

options.lua

Edited by MainSail

Win10-X64, I5,-8600K oc-4,8Ghz, 16GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, HOTAS Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals, KW-908 Jetseat , HTC Vive with lens mod.

• ED Team
HDD, long mission loading time. this gives me the connection time out and server ping time out.

Wait, we told about single mission loading time? Because multiplayer connecting it's absolutely another story.

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

@ TWMoney - just for a future reference, the updater is programmed to copy files from any other DCS installs existing on Your computer (if they have newer files in them, obviously), to considerably cut down the time and bandwidth required for updating, whenever possible. Only then it downloads remaining data from ED servers. A great feature for those of us who have more than one DCS copy on their computers, but don't have access to cheap, unlimited, broadband internet.

So there was no need to move 1.5.5 and 2.0 to other location, 'cause You downloaded the same files anyway.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team

Well, long loading time in mission with Viggen it's also separate problem, related to Viggen module. We need to separate the wheat from the chaff. Let's stake out our positions.

Just now we have discussed issue with long mission loading time in 1.5.6 in comparison with 1.5.5. Period. The same mission with the same settings. There no Viggen module in 1.5.5, so let's forget him now.

For example: QS mission Cold Start Su-25T in 1.5.5, loading time is XX sec., in 1.5.6 YY sec.

Well, long loading time in mission with Viggen it's also separate problem, related to Viggen module. We need to separate the wheat from the chaff. Let's stake out our positions.

Just now we have discussed issue with long mission loading time in 1.5.6 in comparison with 1.5.5. Period. The same mission with the same settings. There no Viggen module in 1.5.5, so let's forget him now.

For example: QS mission Cold Start Su-25T in 1.5.5, loading time is XX sec., in 1.5.6 YY sec.

Instant action (version 1.5.6 open beta):

Viggen cold start - 1'st 55 seconds 2'nd time 40 seconds.

M2000C cold start - 1'st 40 seconds 2'nd time 27 seconds.

No mods installed.

I'm now reverting back to the stable version and see if there is a difference.

The same test on the stable version 1.5.5 release.

M2000C cold start - 1'st 40 seconds, after that 10 seconds.

Updated back to version 1.5.6 open beta, same tests.

M2000C cold start - 1'st 60 seconds, after that 30 seconds.

DCS is on a SSD and the DCS saved games folder on a different SSD.

options.lua

dcs.log.txt

Edited by MainSail
typo m2000c

Win10-X64, I5,-8600K oc-4,8Ghz, 16GB DDR4, MSI RTX 2080ti, HOTAS Warthog, MFG crosswind pedals, KW-908 Jetseat , HTC Vive with lens mod.

• ED Team

Guys we need to know if there is difference from 1.5.5 and 1.5.6 loading times

Mission load times from the same missions between version so not viggen which is not in 1.5.5

please let us know if you are using a HDD or SSD and which missions you have looked at

attach your log and options.lua to your post

thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

update on mine, i just loaded all of my aircrafts cold start missions they load exactly the same if not better compared to 1.5 stable. Minus the VIggen now that has over double maybe triple the time loading.

My load times on all aircraft in open beta minus the viggen are around 20-30 seconds. But like noted above after a couple of loads on the viggen it improves slightly for that module but is still a huge difference.

Overall all my other modules are not affected by this open beta, just the viggen.

USING SSD

Edited by Enduro14

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

• ED Team
I just did the cleanup and repair routine,....my load time is still twice what it was for 1.5.5.

I am not using the Viggen.

please attach your log and options.lua

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
update on mine, i just loaded all of my aircrafts cold start missions they load exactly the same if not better compared to 1.5 stable. Minus the VIggen now that has over double maybe triple the time loading.

My load times on all aircraft in open beta minus the viggen are around 20-30 seconds. But like noted above after a couple of loads on the viggen it improves slightly for that module but is still a huge difference.

Overall all my other modules are not affected by this open beta, just the viggen.

USING SSD

Well, it's not an issue then. Because Viggen has very "heavy" cockpit model and of course it has longer loading time. But it definitely not a OB issue.

I personally have not noticed a difference in load times between 1.5.5 and 1.5.6.

I do not have the Viggen.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• ED Team
I personally have not noticed a difference in load times between 1.5.5 and 1.5.6.

this is what we are trying to get to the bottom of, I am not seeing a difference either, some users are.

I dont have Viggen and for me the game is back as it was before I upgraded from 8 gb ram to 16 gb. :( Lags alot...

Can it be a memory leak after the new update?

Edited by Havremonster