Unstable FPS when flying Viggen

Grafit164DK

I have noticed instable FPS in some situations when flying Viggen. When I am flying over sea all is OK but over the ground, when I am turning the plane and a new part of landscape appears in front of me, FPS lower drastically for a few soconds and then returns to high value, as long, as I am flying stright ahead. This problem is present only when I am flying Viggen from cockpit view (on external views FPS are high and stable).

Same here. Fps get down in some situations, for example when looking around the cockpit or turn the viewpoint in F2 view. My graphics card is a GTX 1070.

The GPU is not everything. Especially in version 1.5 you need a very good CPU to keep stable performance.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

I saw the issue as well, just doing a free-flight.

First time in cockpit looking anywhere but straight ahead the FPS would drop. Also when you first jump to external view, moving the mouse to look around will result in FPS issues. It seems to disappear after a few seconds, almost as if things didn't load.

So it probably is some optimization stuff. Going to see if it went away entirely or if it is reproducible at the start of each "game."

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I have noticed instable FPS in some situations when flying Viggen. When I am flying over sea all is OK but over the ground, when I am turning the plane and a new part of landscape appears in front of me, FPS lower drastically for a few soconds and then returns to high value, as long, as I am flying stright ahead. This problem is present only when I am flying Viggen from cockpit view (on external views FPS are high and stable).

Did You check when?

Does It happens if You turn "on" afterburner (first stage or more)?

It dosent looks like fps drop, but lag?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

same problems here but in vr. Very low fps in the training missions as they are only ones i have done so far in viggen. Other aircraft are fine. So is it correct that their is no pilot body currently? Dont know if im missing a different key bind or something?

Other than these initial bugs this is one heck of a module fellas, great job! Also having a female voice over is nice as i actually pay more attention to it just like in real life...

running latest nvidia drivers and i can see the usage on gpu is much lower in the viggen compared to other birds.

ALso cpu core utilization is spread out more and higher in the viggen from what i have seen on my afterburner stats on my keyboard.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

Did You check when?

Does It happens if You turn "on" afterburner (first stage or more)?

It dosent looks like fps drop, but lag?

I have noticed that problem is not related to afterburner or other animation or effects. It appears when I change flight direction or move point of view (cockpi view only)

I have noticed that problem is not related to afterburner or other animation or effects. It appears when I change flight direction or move point of view (cockpi view only)

Ok, next question - do You have it as very short freez (something like lag, very short, like 20% of second) or loss of fps (for few seconds)?

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

With the Viggen i'm having the occasional 0.2 second FPS drop down to about 33FPS (from 60 VSynced) when changing external views and watching a flypast.

Also tried the M2000C and F-5 and i'm now getting the occasional 0.5 second freeze whilst viewing in the flypast (F3) view and also sometimes in the external (F2) view with 1.5.6.

Win 11 Home 64Bit, i7-13700K@5.2Ghz Water Cooled, 32 Gb RAM, PNY RTX4090, HP Reverb, PICO 4, Quest 3, Realsimulator FSSB R3, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Pedals.

Same issue here. Also does anyone know how to disable the mirrors as they causing low FPS. I already have mirrors turned off in the options page so I don't know why they appear on the Viggen...........

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Sounds like Kutaisi. I wondered why the training missions were put there, the FPS is horrendous at low level. I lose half. Bet its nothing to do with the Viggen. Try anothe rmodule in the same place and let me know, im curious

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Same exact problem. Looking straight ahead in the cockpit and the frames are somewhat fine, but when I pan left or right towards the mirrors or canards then the FPS drops to 1-2 and I get micro-freezes. Standard FPS for me is 80-120.

Similar issue in F2 view. Panning around the plane at any angle will have major drops and halts. F3 view is fine until the plane gets close and then the same result. Happened to me at Batumi and free-flying everywhere else I've tried thus far.

i7-4790K, 8GB Ram, Radeon 480 8GB

Most settings on high except water, depth of field...default trees/preload/bushes values on the sliders.

Edited by BachoGrande

Update: So thanks to a suggestion from a friend in regards to the shadow problems in 1.5.6, all I did was turn Shadows off in the graphics settings and my FPS and freezes are gone.

Update 2: Still getting freezes in Multiplayer w/ the Viggen, but if I spin around the plane a few dozen times at different zoom levels it seems to stop hitching /shrug.

Edited by BachoGrande

Hmmm, well LN and/or ED did say that with this release there was gonna be a shadow issue that's not only viggen specific... could it be that? I am getting some lower FPS with the viggen, i average around 80-120 FPS on other aircraft but the viggen can get down to 30 FPS on my setup.

PINOY PRIDE!!!

System Specs: i7-4790, Windows 7 64-Bit, ECS L337 Z87H3-A3X Mobo, HyperX Fury 32Gb, Nvidia Titan (Pascal), TM Warthog and TFRPedals, TrackIR 5

Definitely a frame rate issue. In situations where I get an even 120fps with all other modules tested, I get 80fps with the Viggen. Note that this is only in cockpit, the external view maintains 120fps. Note that this occurs both in flight, and cold/dark. 40fps is a pretty substantial difference, which is why I'm mentioning it.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have framerate issues as well. In cockpit I get 15-20 fps on average, and its only over the ocean that I get decent frames [40 fps at most]. I've tried the F5E, F15, Su27, Mig29A, Mig21, Mi8, Ka50, M2000 and all average 50-95 fps range with the exception of the Mig21 putting out 40-80 fps.

INGAME SETTINGS

MODEL DETAIL - HIGH

TERRAIN SHADOWS - DEFAULT

SHADOWS\LIGHTING - HIGH [Done tests with different setting and low and off are the only ones that change framerate]

HDR - ON

CPU - AMD FX 8350 8 Core 4.2 Ghz

GPU - GeForce 1050 Ti 4 GB

RAM - 16 GBs unknown type

OS - Windows 10 64 bit

FPS issues - especially in VR

Add me to the list of folks with severe FPS hits - especially when in VR. The Viggen is the worst offender, but I'm seeing a slight decrease in 1.5.6 across all modules, and there is definitely a zoom bug in VR that adds to the very severe case of judder.

I enjoyed my time in the viggen, but I rolled back to stable, because FPS is crucial in VR.

My rig is i7 with 64 gig ram, and 1080GTX running of SSD, so I doubt these issues are limited to only my rig.

As mentioned before the training missions were brutally low FPS.

I have tested Viggen today once more and I have noticed, that looking around, even when new part of terrain appears, does not cause FPS drop, as long as I am flying stright ahead. But when I try to roll the plane or turn, problem returns - FPS drops and game freezes.