Custom debriefing text?

Hippo

Hi,

I'm not a mission builder myself, but posting here because I am surprised that I have never seen a mission with debriefing text at completion.

I don't mean the log of events you get at the end, I do get that. I mean the option for mission designers to put in a custom debrief text dependent on mission outcome - like the briefing text at the start.

Can it possibly be that after all these years a feature like this does not exist in DCS?

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

The type of debriefing that you describe doesn't exist in DCS. Because campaigns can have branches that are dependant on the outcome of missions, debriefings for a mission are usually part of the briefing for the next mission, at least in campaign scenarios.

If you want to include the sort of debriefing you describe then the best way to do it is probably to send the player a radio message from high command or something detailing how well or poorly they've done.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Or ED could just implement this feature... I'm surprised it's not requested more often. Off to the requests forum I go... I mean, something like this has existed in most of the flight sims I can think of going back for decades.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

It would be nice if we could have this feature. It would definitely add some immersion, especially for "story" driven missions. Definitely worth putting in a request.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

I''ve seen it done with Mbot's campaign but he is outputting to a text file and forcing it to screen.

The other method is the event system and writing events - see some of XCOM's work or others that work here. Essentially it fires into a database and tallies the scores and he then created a web page to access it.

If you find this helpful let me know.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *