[REPORTED] Bombing tutorial pressure error

Zarma

The voice and the text ask us to set 1012 in the altimeter but it 1052 if you dont want to have a negative altitude.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

The voice and the text ask us to set 1012 in the altimeter but it 1052 if you dont want to have a negative altitude.

Just struggled with the same tutorial. Also - the briefing before pressing "Fly" says QFE 790. Not sure if that relates to some other location or altitude but it did confuse me somewhat.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CCIP Drag Bombs Are Short...

Hey,

So I'm attempting to complete the CCIP Bombing tutorial with the drag shoot, level CCIP bombing.

I follow the instructions, but I have a few problems:

Which altitude do I pay attention to, the HUD, or the dial?

Every single time my bombs fall short.

Hey,

So I'm attempting to complete the CCIP Bombing tutorial with the drag shoot, level CCIP bombing.

I follow the instructions, but I have a few problems:

Which altitude do I pay attention to, the HUD, or the dial?

Every single time my bombs fall short.

Do you have the Correct QFE setting set?

And do you remember to put the target between the Dot and the Circle (First/last bomb).

Having the Correct QFE setting for the target area is crucial for accurate target estimation though for CCIP drop one does not have to be 100% spot on.

And you deliver the bombs from level flight flying very low or do you do a slight pop up before a slight dive bomb release?.

(You can always check in the Kneeboard to get the QFE settings for the different Waypoints).

I have no problems getting accurate bomb drops with CCIP (with the First and last bombs corresponding more or less with the CCIP Hud symbols).

So are you sure all of your preparation etc is set up correctly.

Do you have the Correct QFE setting set?

And do you remember to put the target between the Dot and the Circle (First/last bomb).

Having the Correct QFE setting for the target area is crucial for accurate target estimation though for CCIP drop one does not have to be 100% spot on.

And you deliver the bombs from level flight flying very low or do you do a slight pop up before a slight dive bomb release?.

(You can always check in the Kneeboard to get the QFE settings for the different Waypoints).

I have no problems getting accurate bomb drops with CCIP (with the First and last bombs corresponding more or less with the CCIP Hud symbols).

So are you sure all of your preparation etc is set up correctly.

Thanks!

I think a mod pulled my post into here.

Setting the QFE to 1052 fixed the issue!

CCIP training flight

The CCIP bombing training flight for the Viggen does not work. When it is loaded, DCS acts like you are trying to hop onto an online multiplayer session. And the area where you are is in an observers wooden tower overlooking a ramp of Mig bombers.

My Viggen is installed and flying in DCS 1.5 Open Alpha.

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

That's odd, I just ran that training mission and it worked. I did get the multiplayer join screen but otherwise, got the instructors narrative and dropped the bombs.

In the Miz file the trainee aircraft must be set to client instead of player.

The CCIP bombing training flight for the Viggen does not work. When it is loaded, DCS acts like you are trying to hop onto an online multiplayer session. And the area where you are is in an observers wooden tower overlooking a ramp of MiG bombers.

My Viggen is installed and flying in DCS 1.5 Open Alpha.

The Viggen slot is probably mistakenly set to "Client" instead of "Player;" all you have to do is click on the AJS-37 in the slot UI, and you should be in the cockpit with the briefing page. It did give me the same issue whenever I went through the mission, but with past experience setting aircraft to "Client" in the ME while screwing around, this is likely the case and as such you should be able to spawn in by clicking on the Viggen's slot. If simply clicking on its slot doesn't work, after clicking on it look at the bottom of the slots UI and see if there are any "spawn," "OK," "fly," or any buttons of the sort and see if that spawns you.

Edited by Harpoon

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

When I do the mission, as soon as I switch to the ccip mode, the hud symbology goes right up off the hud. Then I never see it again, lol. So I have no markers to drop on.

You're either too high, too slow or a combination of both. I didn't see the CCIP symbology until I was level at 90m and Mach 0.89.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

For some reason I'm strugging with this missions.

Either I cant get the targeting symbols to show up, or when they do the bombs drop incredibly short

The setup is pretty simple.

Set Weapons panel to "plan"

Set master mode to NAV.

Fly about 100-150m agl at around mach 0.8

Trigger unsafe

But nope.

I've tried several times but to no avail.

I got the training mission to work. The Mig bombers that I described above are the mission's target come to find out.

I do agree with GrmlZ about being given the incorrect qfe. The little circle does not display as it should on the hud. So I hit some of the targets by the second time I tried the mission, but only did so by dead reckoning.

What is the correct qfe because my mission briefing in flight is almost entirely blank?

i7-13700F - 32GB DDR5 RAM - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060Ti 16GB - 2TB NVMe SSD - Windows 11

Correct QFE is written on your target card located on the kneeboard.

To save people some time the correct QFE is 1052. You will now see the hud symbols

i9-9900k | 2080 Ti ftw ultra | 32gb DDR4 3200 | Oculus hmd | HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | MFD Cougar

CCIP Bombing Mission

Hi all,

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong for doing CCIP bombing in the training mission. I've read the manual and applied the checklist but still having issues getting high drag bombs on target.

I'm at recommended AGL i.e. 150-200 or (higher)according to the mission tutorial, I've set the QFE, PAN and NAV modes all ready as well as interval in the correct sequence as well as dropping the HUD down to low position.

Things start off ok I've got the target in sight and when I drop to low level the pipper and circle are all over target to start with but when I get nearer it just foxtrot oscars upwards over the HUD never to be seen again!

I can NOT get the HUD symbology i.e. the small first impact pip and the circle to remain over the target no matter if I'm level, small climb or dive but if I do some pretty feckin stupid kangarooing with the aircraft I might get it back again but it's a no go.

If by some miracle I do get the symbology over the target at medium distance from target, the target falls between pip and circle I depress the release and the bombs fall way way way short. I'm doing recommended speed of .8-.9 Mach so that should be ok.

Can anyone assist and point my obvious technique flaw somewhere?

Thanks

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

!!! Ahhh mate if that's it I'll give myself a cockpunch for not checking! Rep will be winging it's way to you if proven correct!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

!!! Ahhh mate if that's it I'll give myself a cockpunch for not checking! Rep will be winging it's way to you if proven correct!

He's correct, we've all had to go through this process.

• Do mission 10 times, cant get it right.
  • Check the forums
  • FML

:thumbup:

Yes I've just done my enforced cockpunch and lo and behold leave the QFE already set and what do you know?! Straight in and out bombs on target so yes FML! lol! School boy error though, should have checked the charts!