** AJS-37 Changelog / Update Master List **

Cobra847

But they do.

You’re right! I’m sure I didn’t see that when the post first arrived.

It’s senility charging in!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 3 weeks later...

Preliminary changelog for the next patch. Will add more items as I go through the repository logs.

• Fix to high drag bombs not releasing when waypoint is last before L-Waypoint.

• Various memory fixes

• Fix to 'fälld last' and TAKT weapon status indication for BK90, RB-04, RB-05, RB-15, RB-24 (&J) and RB75

• Fixed gunsight hysteresis

• Rocked sight corrected for shallow dives

• Fix to horizontal velocity sight calculations

• Corrected erroneous exterior light intensities

• Adjusted hubcap metalness & roughness for correct specularity response

• Reexported all textures with corrected brightness levels for better dds compression

• Increased intensity of panel backlighting

• Enabled real-time mirror rendering

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks for the changelog (and of course all the fixes it contains)!!

Quick question: What's the status on the BK90 update?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for the changelog (and of course all the fixes it contains)!!

Quick question: What's the status on the BK90 update?

It's WIP; unfortunately we're still working on figuring out parts of the new Weapons API. I believe this is now a high priority for RagnarDa.

Followup quick question: what's the status of the flight manual update?

I'll check with the team shortly on the remaining issues!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

It's WIP; unfortunately we're still working on figuring out parts of the new Weapons API. I believe this is now a high priority for RagnarDa.

Got it, thanks! :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I think - looking at it as objectively as we can considering our inherent bias - we feel that the Viggen is in a very good place currently. Not to dismiss your concerns, quite the contrary, but try to see everything through a relative lens where any missing features or bugs are rather minor relative to the total functionality and value of a product. I think we can safely say that the module is playable, realistic, and (fairly) well polished.

I agree, my Logbook records 520 missions on the Viggen (out of 1013 in total) flown between January 27th 2017 and April 10th 2018 ... I enjoyed every one of them :)

I havent flown her since April because I changed planes, first to the A-10C and now to the F/A-18C and these two have used up all of my free time since ... hope to be tired of them when you finally came out with the F-14 :D

Best regards and thanks a lot for what you and your team have created.

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Here's the current, more comprehensive list:

• Fix to high drag bombs not releasing when waypoint is last before L-Waypoint.

• Various memory fixes

• Fix to 'fälld last' and TAKT weapon status indication for BK90, RB-04, RB-05, RB-15, RB-24 (&J) and RB75

• Fixed gunsight hysteresis

• Rocked sight corrected for shallow dives

• Fix to horizontal velocity sight calculations

• Corrected erroneous exterior light intensities

• Adjusted hubcap metalness & roughness for correct specularity response

• Reexported all textures with corrected brightness levels for better dds compression

• Increased intensity of paneltext and gauge backlighting

• Corrected normal tangentspace issues due to UV borders

• Removed red blotches in cockpit gauge glass reflections

• Added wheel brake axis binding

• Fuel not in X-Tank when spawning on Runway fixed

• Completed first release candidate of final manual

• Left horizontal panel needles are now properly backlit

• Added realtime lighting to FLI ball for better visibility

• Reduced intensity of low altitude warning light

• Standby ADI is now self illuminated (gauge lighting)

• Corrected Akku-Stakki livery: right wing now shows correct tac number

• Significantly improved visual quality of glareshield area in external model

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Here's the current, more comprehensive list:

Does this work for anybody? just did a quick test and my mirrors are grey like they always were.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I think some of the changes in the list came a little too late to make it into yesterday’s update.

Roger that. :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Nice to be able to use the landing light again :pilotfly:

Receiving these updates and knowing that the module continues to be developed to it's fullest really does mean so much to us AJS37 drivers.

The platform is the pinnacle of flight simulation ....and quality modules such as the Viggen are the flagships that folks see in the youtube videos and elsewhere.

We are in your corner having bought the module clearly, but I get a strong sense that you are in our, the community's, corner also with the regular updates and improvements over the while that you continue to provide.

Thanks

S!

Receiving these updates and knowing that the module continues to be developed to it's fullest really does mean so much to us AJS37 drivers.

The platform is the pinnacle of flight simulation ....and quality modules such as the Viggen are the flagships that folks see in the youtube videos and elsewhere.

We are in your corner having bought the module clearly, but I get a strong sense that you are in our, the community's, corner also with the regular updates and improvements over the while that you continue to provide.

Thanks

S!

Well said!

+1 :thumbup:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Are you sure the fix made it into yesterdays update? Because mine looks still like on the picture below.

Thanks

S!

+1 :thumbup:

Guys, I've checked autoupdate_log.txt and any of the Viggen files were modified/added in the last update: the changelog is valid for the next DCS update;)

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Somehow flying the Viggen yesterday felt smoother then usual, can't explain exactly how or why, but it did. And I managed to kill 6 ships with 8 RB-15 divided on 4 take-offs. :p

Light bug still present, but I finally found where to turn landing lights off (and set buttons for turning it on and off).

I bought the F/A-18 just before release, but have only sat in the cockpit twice, on the ground. Too busy flying the Viggen and having fun! :)

But I watched Wags F/A-18 startup video and had to snicker a little when he said it was easy to start up. :D