Monitor plugged to Mainboard

MadMonty

Gents, to tweak the perfomance of my PC for the Rift a bit further, I would like to plug my monitor to the onboard graphic of the mainboard.

Booting my system, I did enable onboard graphic in Bios. The monitor only goes active, when I unplug the Rift from the graphiccard and the plug it back in.

But when I start DCS, it only runs on the (mainboard attached) monitor, not on the Rift. In the Rift menu it says "waiting for DCS.exe".

Probably the solution is quiet easy, but I just can´t find it.

Thanks for your help!

Monty

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

VR: HP Reverb G2

Motion-Platform: Motionsystems PS-6TM-150 | Monstertech MTX

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/@madmontys6dofmotionplatfor386/featured

When I was running two graphics cards I had this issue when the Rift was plugged into the secondary card.

The Rifts compositor isn't set up to detect the headset on anything other than the primary graphics device.

Essentially you need to plug the Rift into the primary graphics card. So either you can't use your onboard graphics as it will always think it's the primary graphics device or you need to somehow get them swaped. No idea how to do that though, even with descreet graphics cards the primary one is defined by the PCIE slot you use, you can't just change them via software.

Do you not have more than one graphics interface in you graphics card?

I use DVI for the monitor and HDMI for the rift, as I have an X99/i7 5930 main board/cpu I don't have builtin graphics. however I'd expect there are benefits of using the one graphics card for both outputs??

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I have multiple graphics interfaces on my graphics card, so my monitor is plugged to DVI and the Rift to HDMI. That´s not the problem...

But I also have a HDMI interface of my onboard graphics. So I am thinking of connecting the monitor to the onboard graphics to have only the Rift plugged to the graphics card. I am hoping of getting a bit more performance... I thought I have read somewhere, that this might work!?

PC: Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC | 64 GB Patriot VIPER VENOM DDR5-6000

Input: Brunner CLS-E FFB Base | Thrustmaster Warthog Joystick & Throttle | Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder | WinWing Phoenix MIP (VR) - F16 ICP - PTO2 | VPC SharKA-50 Collective 

It won't make any difference to performance.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Ok, then I don't have to think about it any more. Thanks for your advice!