some controls don't have HOTAS binding options

notamacropus

Not sure if that's planned (I certainly hope it is not) but I noticed that a select few commands only want to work with a keyboard and have no option to assign a button on my TM Warthog.

So far I noticed it with the complete "warning panel" subgroup since I like to bind the master caution reset to my L/G WRN Silence on the throttle until I can fly in a way that doesn't require the beeps all that often.

All the radio settings can only be bound to keyboard too.

These are simply missing settings in the Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\joystick\default.lua file, you can copy them from the Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\keyboard\default.lua file.

For instance, you can find this in the latter:

{down = 3011, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.TESTRADIO2, name = 'FR22 Push-to-talk', category = 'Radios'},

{down = 3011, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.TESTRADIO, name = 'FR24 Push-to-talk', category = 'Radios'},

If you copy that at the right place in the former file, like this (in this case, at the beginning or anywhere in the same list joined to res.keyCommands), then the control get configurable for the joystick too:

original

local res = external_profile("Config/Input/Aircrafts/common_joystick_binding.lua")

join(res.keyCommands,{

-- Autopilot

{combos = {{key = 'J'}}, down = 3304, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 1.0, name = 'Autothrottle mode AFK', category = 'Autopilot'},

[...]

modified

local res = external_profile("Config/Input/Aircrafts/common_joystick_binding.lua")

join(res.keyCommands,{

{down = 3011, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.TESTRADIO2, name = 'FR22 Push-to-talk', category = 'Radios'},

{down = 3011, value_down = 1.0, cockpit_device_id = devices.TESTRADIO, name = 'FR24 Push-to-talk', category = 'Radios'},

-- Autopilot

{combos = {{key = 'J'}}, down = 3304, cockpit_device_id = devices.ENGINEPANEL, value_down = 1.0, name = 'Autothrottle mode AFK', category = 'Autopilot'},

[...]

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

It will be replaced by the original if you do a repair (if you're talking about the DCS_updater.exe in repair mode).

On any DCS update, it will be detected as a non-original file and replaced, you can find your file back in the last _backup* directory under the DCS installation directory and merge it with the new one.

Maybe you're talking about something else? It should not affect MP, nor will that modification be "detected" otherwise.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Ah OK. I'm not much in MP so I wasn't sure :D

You shouldn't have any problem, I think I actually had the same question for a mod on the A-10C or the Mig-21bis (to rectify the incorrect mouse click bindings) and the conclusion was it was fine :) (EDIT: here)

Edited by Redglyph