Walkman in AJS-37?

Harpoon

A cassette player does not have a "skip track" function. Why do you hate realism? This is a serious simulator.

:music_whistling:

Some cassette player had a "skip silence" function, so if there was a gap between two songs, it could skip to the next one. It's been more than 20 years since I used the cassette player, but I remember the last one I owned had that function. :D

Guys; Have you ever flown with listening to Rachmaninoff: Piano Concerto no.2 op.18? :D :D

I used to do that when I play

. Now, will do with Viggen. :P

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

However, the current fast forward and rewind controls are very frustrating to use ... its almost impossible to locate the beginning of the next song ... could you please add two keybindings to change to the next or previous song?

Too young to ever have owned an actual Walkman? I call "working as intended" on this...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I had great fun entering the target area playing Wagner's Walkürenritt (Ride of the Valkyries) :D

Commonly associated with the Huey but works great in the Viggen as well :)

Maybe someone can mod an external speaker pod. Music might arrive after the bombs though :P

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

energetic and really does sound like a song from the golden age of synth

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

Love the walkman but there is a little bug.

I inserted a custom ogg file and removed Song1.ogg. I did not rename my file to Song1.ogg.

When I pressed the play button the game crashed.

Used the current stable DCS build.

No big thing but I thought I mention it anyway :)

I inserted a custom ogg file and removed Song1.ogg. I did not rename my file to Song1.ogg.

has to be song1, song2, song3, so on and so forth IIRC

if you delete song1 after moving "song2" in, make sure to rename song2 to song1 and adjust the rest of them accordingly to make sure it works

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

if you delete song1 after moving "song2" in, make sure to rename song2 to song1 and adjust the rest of them accordingly to make sure it works

I find it easiest to create a JSGME mod with song1.ogg, song2.ogg, etc. This way you can easily reactivate it after a patch and you can easily change songs.

EDIT: A feature I would really like to see is the ability to point to ogg files in another location and select a playlist from the options menu.

Yeah sure but it should just not play the file instead of crashing the game :)

• 2 weeks later...

a few possible songs for different situations in a pilot's life ... *pilotfly*

Ramp Start (Viggen):

(Foo Fighters, In Your Honor)

Demonstration flights (Viggen, what else?):

ACDC - Thunderstruck

Low level flight in desert areas (M2000):

SILMARILS - On Nest Pas Comme Ca

Formation flying (MiG-29)

Unknown writer - unknown song, but great guitar part, unfortunately a little short

SAR Missions (UH-1):

RYAN ADAMS - The Rescue Blues

SAR Missions (probably Mi-8 )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Nq6PzY0xA

FLUKE - Atom Bomb

Reconnaissance Missions ( F-18 )

FEEDER - Buck Rogers

I left out the Topgun's, since they are well know by all ... :D

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 years later...

Low level flight in desert areas (M2000):

SILMARILS - On Nest Pas Comme Ca

Pretty cool video!

Formation flying (MiG-29)

Unknown writer - unknown song, but great guitar part, unfortunately a little short

Thats "Joe Satriani - Ceremony".

You'll proabbly also like his other songs. I recommend "Surfing with the alien (Album)" and "unstoppable momentum".

Also the superband "Chickenfoot" ;).

Love to play his songs on the guitar, awesome artist.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Pretty cool video!

Thats "Joe Satriani - Ceremony".

You'll proabbly also like his other songs. I recommend "Surfing with the alien (Album)" and "unstoppable momentum".

Also the superband "Chickenfoot" ;).

Love to play his songs on the guitar, awesome artist.

Hey, thanks for the tip! Joe Satriani ... never heard anything else of that guy, but this will change from now! :D

The Silmarilis' song was a tip from a former F-5 pilot.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Joe Satriani ... never heard anything else of that guy

giphy.gif

but this will change from now! :D

You probably need to play guitar yourself and also in that music direction, otherwise you won't know him by name.

His music is not really maisntream and needs som guitar... ...addiction :music_whistling:.

However, if you liked that song, you'll for sure like his others.

And Chickenfoot :D

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

• 7 months later...
Happens to me too. Regardless of which songs are in the playlist. Currently the Viggen has the fastest way to close DCS with the simple push of the the "Play" button.

"feature-rich environment" :D

my computer:

• 6 months later...

If I may ask is the walkman working in the latest beta? At least it does not crash DCS I if activate play but I get no sound. Copied a few SongX.ogg files into the VigWalkman folder and tried with and without "hear like in helmet" and used the "volume up" to increase volume.

Best, Marcel

• 2 weeks later...
In the mean time I found the issue, I used the play/stop toggle instead of the separate play assignment. The first one does not work but the latter one does...

Weird. For me, the Walkman Play/Stop toggle just make the button sound. I can only use the separate Play and Stop keybinds to work the Walkman.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."