Cloud mod? Other mods great for VR?

TripRodriguez

Hey guys, the clouds do some very strange things when you look around in VR at times (especially looking upward). Are there any good cloud mods for me to install?

It can be difficult in searching google to tell what mods are still up to date.

Thanks,

Trip

PS- Any other highly recommended mods for VR? I fly helicopters, P-51, and A-10C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

nope. only 1 mod, but hits fps!!! I think lower your settings to the lowest and crank it up after. See the differences. I have no issues with clouds.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

This isn't only a VR issue. This issue has been around for ever and has been noticeable with head tracking as well.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I've seen the same in the Vive. It's like the clouds are a 2D sprite who's position or angle is changing as you move your head. Would welcome any ideas on how to fix/mod out.

Why do the clouds in DCS rotate with head movement? In flyinside there is an option for clouds to rotate with the movement of aeroplane and it's much better...and makes much more sense!!

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are there any mods to improve FPS. Didnt I hear there was a mod that could remove tree shadows and achieve a higher FPS. But I think someone said not to use it with 1.55?

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Are there any mods to improve FPS. Didnt I hear there was a mod that could remove tree shadows and achieve a higher FPS. But I think someone said not to use it with 1.55?

There is a thread all about getting higher FPS with VR though it is vive focused mainly most applies to rift as well. Here is a link: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172537

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim: