[REPORTED]MIG-29S keeps exploding upon touchdown

DaveRindner

Hapilly SU-27 flies and lands just fine. The blown tires issue , IMHO, is a realistic effect. Do not exceed takeoff speed of 290 kph for more then two seconds. Do not exceed max braking for more then two seconds. On departure rotate around 240-250 kph. Do not exceed 3 meters/s VV on touchdown, and do not exceed 290 kph on touchdown. 270 kph touchdown works great with 2 m/s VV.

Hapilly SU-27 flies and lands just fine. The blown tires issue , IMHO, is a realistic effect. Do not exceed takeoff speed of 290 kph for more then two seconds. Do not exceed max braking for more then two seconds. On departure rotate around 240-250 kph. Do not exceed 3 meters/s VV on touchdown, and do not exceed 290 kph on touchdown. 270 kph touchdown works great with 2 m/s VV.

We are talking about the MiG-29S here. Not the Su-27 thats a completely different story with a completely different flightmodel.

g8PjVMw.png

But, with a new 3D model so probably there's some issue introduced with it.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I flew the instant action mission this morning to get a look at the new model, and landed perfectly fine at Sukhumi. May be down to descent rate or AoA, or possibly certain air bases?

Edited by Crew Dog

FENRIR

No KC-10 in DCS? Thank goodness for small miracles!

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

• ED Team
I flew the instant action mission this morning to get a look at the new model, and landed perfectly fine at Sukhumi. May be down to descent rate or AoA, or possibly certain air bases?

had it on a take off at Batumi also, I have made a report, ED will soon tell me if I am wrong don't worry :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

MIG-29A is affected likewise. Two issues I tested with and both have not been explanatory.

1. Gross weight on touchdown. I thought that having too much fuel on landing was issue. So I tried landing with fuel between 500 and 1000. Basically between critical and low fuel state, and no weapons. No good. Even VV of 1-2ms causes explosion right after the wheel touchdown squeak is heard.

2. Sideslip on touchdown. Even straight down centerline of runway causes explosion.

Looks like excessively strict limits on Mig-29 landing have crept in. I have no problems on take off.

MIG-29A is affected likewise. Two issues I tested with and both have not been explanatory.

1. Gross weight on touchdown. I thought that having too much fuel on landing was issue. So I tried landing with fuel between 500 and 1000. Basically between critical and low fuel state, and no weapons. No good. Even VV of 1-2ms causes explosion right after the wheel touchdown squeak is heard.

2. Sideslip on touchdown. Even straight down centerline of runway causes explosion.

Looks like excessively strict limits on Mig-29 landing have crept in. I have no problems on take off.

Which air base were were you conducting your test landing at?

FENRIR

Intel i5 4690K OC to 4.0, Corsair CX850M PSU, 16GB Patriot Viper @ 1866MHz, EVGA GTX 1060 SC, Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, Saitek X-55, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Delanclip

OK, I think I got it figured out. It's not so much a bug as a change to landing procedure. Personally, I've kept the pitch at approximately 10 deg to maintain -1 descent rate till touchdown. Watching the track that I recorded, I saw the burner cans strike the runway, causing the plane to explode. I've adjusted my pitch angle to around 7 and got her down no issue. I have included the track of the safe landing.

MiG-29 Test.trk

FENRIR

Here's a second track of a fast mission created to test new T/O and landing angles. Hope seeing this helps out and keeps this great bird flying!

MiG-29 Test2.trk

FENRIR

• ED Team

possibly, I have made the report, my guess is it is something to do with the new model

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2