[FIXED] Rearming and Repairing Issues

Whuping

I've noticed that a couple weapons get a little bit buggy (or I'd didn't do something when I rearmed them) specifically the RB15 Anti-Ship Missiles and the RB75 Mavericks.

For the Mavericks, I've noticed that after rearming the Mavericks (4 Stores) and then attempting to re-employ them. I cannot bring up the VTD to actually "use" them. Only fix was to get into another aircraft. I've tried putting Mavericks on two pylons, doesn't matter which, and they rearmed fine, but I haven't tried to rearm the third time to see if it gets buggy. I'll have to get back on that.

For the RB15's it's somewhat the same issue. After tinkering around I manage to deploy the RB15's, RTB, Rearm, and realign for another attack 70km away (Pretty sweet). Though after pulling the trigger I am unable to relaunch the RB15s. They just wouldn't budge. I'm probably not doing something right though, then again I didn't see a Tutorial for them either.

As for the Repairing Issue - getting a little damage, fuel leak, hydraulic failure, etc. Just can't repair. I'm sure you guys already noticed that - just low priority really. Just a nusiance. Especially some stores not disappearing after using them in a fight.

Great module nonetheless. Loving the short landing and takeoffs.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Dying Embers can still start a fire"

-Western Han Dynasty

As for the Repairing Issue - getting a little damage, fuel leak, hydraulic failure, etc. Just can't repair. I'm sure you guys already noticed that - just low priority really. Just a nusiance. Especially some stores not disappearing after using them in a fight.

I came here to see if this was posted yet. I was flying on a server with a friend and tried multiple times to get the flight crew to repair the plane. Tried multiple times, and the timer never started.

Yea im also having that same problem with the Mavericks.

I might add another Re-Arm issue ive found.

My External Tank does not seem to be automatically re-filled during Re-Arm.

I need to Manually remove it (By Removing the External tank through the Re-Arm menu) and then Add a New one.

My External Tank does not seem to be automatically re-filled during Re-Arm.

I need to Manually remove it (By Removing the External tank through the Re-Arm menu) and then Add a New one.

Was just testing that right now as well. I can confirm. As for the Mavericks the max you can rearm is twice lmao. 1 Set for 3&5. Another set for 2&6.

One time to rearm is if you fill all 4 pylons with Mavericks. After that the VTD refuses to function.

I suspected the launcher that was still attached to the Pylons would be the primary suspect, but after a couple quick launch and landings that appears not to be the case. Though the Rocket Pods and the High/Low drag bombs seem to work fine aside from the fact that sometimes the bombs/rockets are still loaded even though after you fired them away.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Western Han Dynasty

Another to add on the list are the RB24 Sidewinders. I have yet to intermingle between the variants, but they're showing the same symptoms as the RB75 Mavericks. Only able to rearm once on that Pylon and refuse to work afterwards. I'll test more on them later today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Western Han Dynasty

Ran into the same issue with the high drag bombs.

I haven't had problems with the High Drag Bombs/Low Drag Bombs myself. I've jettisoned the racks after use.

Could that have been the problem?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Western Han Dynasty

the mavs also dont work if you carryed another weapon earlier - just did my first run with bombs, returned to base and grabbed some rockets, took out some artillery and then wanted to come back with mavs for some tanks - rearming itself works but the mavericks sight wont activate, neither in anf or nav+trigger unsafe.

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but when I come back from a first sortie in a mission the TAKT output hasn't been updated. Looks like the computer thinks everything is still there. After rearming the computer only gets updated on the left air to air pylon. The remaining pylon stays empty for the computer. The TAKT out then reads 100000 even though I have rearmed with ordnance on all the pylons.

If I rearm with clearing all the pylons the TAKT out reads all zeros and after that rearm with ordnance again TAKT out reads 100000.

I hope this gets fixed soon and also the problem with unlimited weapons. I think that would save us alot of time in testing and training on the Viggen.

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

Thank you for that update. Keep up the good work.

Maybe that was another thread I've missed reading about it.

Hard to kepp track on them.

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
repair is still broken. landed with a bent wheel strut, ground crew could rearm & refuel but would not repair. acknowledged my request with "Copy" but repair timer never showed

maybe maintenance crew don't like you for any reason .... :smartass:

Just joking ... this issue I consider important to be solved too ... thus +1 from my side.

In reality a flat tire should be repaired within 30 minutes I guess ... a three minutes timer for the simulation would then be OK? How is it working within other modules?

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

it's possible this is a DCS level bug and not exclusive to the viggen. afaik popped tires do not contribute to aircraft damage and do not qualify the aircraft for repair in all modules. in the su25t a damaged or stuck landing gear also doesn't count as aircraft damage. in general damage detection with landing gear/tires is buggy

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same issues here, not going to lie, it's EXTREMELY annoying, as someone who is new to DCS landing is not something i can do easily without any issues, and when i run a mission and down 4 migs etc, only to need fuel and rearm, i land a bit to hard damage the tires and cannot repair, not gonna lie, it turns me off the game completely.

Some might see it as a small bug, mostly Vet's who have no issues landing, but for newer players this is quite a big bug thats been around for over 2 years, i mean you're charging 80 bucks for a single plane, yes it's got fully interactive cockpit, great, can you at least try and you know, fix game breaking bugs like this? Completely kills the immersion having to respawn a new plane or start mission over.

Not trying to sound overly salty here but 2 years is more then enough time to have this stupid bug fixed.