Multiplayer - Server update timeout on spawn in the viggen

tob.s

Hi,

1.56 open beta

i have huge problems to fly the viggen on any server as i almoust everytime get disconnectet / timeouts just after spawning - if i stay connected the first 10 seconds after spawn however im able to fly for hours (without lags).

This happens regardless of the choosen server ( tested different servers with pings between 50 to 150 ). To me it seemed like the loading time of the module seems to cause this - so i tried the same servers with su27 ( which loads almoust instantly for me ) without problems, but when switching to the viggen ( loading takes roughly 10 secs ) i get disconnected some seconds after spawning.

To see if its Viggen related, i tested further - spawned in su27, waited a minute and switched to gazelle , another minute later switched to m2000c, waited and then switched to Viggen - and got disconnect roughly 5 secounds after spawning. (while writing this i again repeated this 3 times with same results ).

Someone else has this issue ? And is there anything i can do to fix this ?

Im already running dcs from ssd and optimized my background processes so theres little i can do to speed up loading. ( Well on other modules i listen youtube music / watch tutorials and have the manuals open while flying so this doesnt seem to be an issue at all )

I also play other online games ( atm diablo3 / battleborn... ) without problems so my internet seems ok - just to be sure, i switched from wlan to cable, which gives slightly better pings on speedtests but doesnt help with dcs.

greetings,

tobs

Also had this problem, and have a fix that worked for us 104th.

You need to create or download the autoexec.cfg file provided and place it in the following file path: ©/Users/Username/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Config

It should look like this below.

JvbNwmu.jpg

Will give this a shot. Thanks for sharing!

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Also had this problem, and have a fix that worked for us 104th.

You need to create or download the autoexec.cfg file provided and place it in the following file path: ©/Users/Username/Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Config

It should look like this below.

JvbNwmu.jpg

Just tried that an dc'd in under a minute for me on VA server.

didnt help me either,

i have no idea whats causing this, earlier today i was able to fly on 104th phoenix for 1-2 hours, tried again an hour later and had no chance, just tried a bunch of different servers again and the longest session was 30 secs. It doesnt seem to be related to any special action. While trying sometimes the game crashes and keeps crashing upon entering multiplayer even after a pc restart, then i need to fly a solo mission first to get multiplayer working again.

Yea its weird.

Yesterday i tried to join blue side on 104th for 3 times being booted within 30 sec.

Then i tried red side and it worked and i flew for 30 without any problems.

Then i joined again today and flew for 2.5 hours without any problems.

Then i try another server and everything is fine after 30 min of flight.

I try to rejoin it after lunch and gets booted directly.

Then i cant get on a single server i try (get booted after 30 sec to 2 min spent in aircraft).

and so on =P.

Its wired because it comes and goes so much.

First its fine and then one gets a DC almost instantly =P.

I hope somebody figures out the cause and a fix for it =P.

not sure if its just coincidence but i just removed dcs simple radio standalone via its installer and could fly on 104th, might be worth a try

edit: - just was disconnected again, so its not caused by simple radio -

Edited by tob.s

Now that im using the Autoconfig im not getting DC from the 104th (was still getting it from other servers when i first tried but now im just playing on the 104th and its all fine there).

But instead im getting another problem that might be related to this fix.

There is a lagg for my weapons,when i launch them i see them hit the target but then nothing happens.

And it might take 3-5 minutes before the damage is registered and the target is killed.

(Some times ive been able to launch at the target go back to base re-arm and be back on the way to the target when the targets i attacked on the first sortie die)

I did not have this problem before i used the Autoexe (but instead i was booted from the 104th 90% of the time)

and it does not seem to plague most other Viggen pilots ive encountered on the server =P.

Does anybody else have a similar problem?

(and is it caused by the Autoexe fix).

Since while i can now fly its kinda annoying that you cant really do much as your weapons dont do damage right away.

(And if there are other friendlies in the target area they will generally kill the targets you have already hit before that 3-5 min delay catches up).

A datapoint possibly related to this and the lag: I was hosting in a Viggen and a client joined in the Viggen and would timeout after a few minutes. During the time he was in, I would call for ground crew to apply external power, but wouldn't get a reply for a couple of minutes (after I had already started the engines via battery).

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah we tried the autoexec for my mate and its a no go.

Any MP server, when he so much as tries to spawn in a viggen he gets timed out, he can fly all his other modules just fine.

I've noticed some pretty extreme lag when spawning in the viggen myself sometimes from the avionics.dll ?