Trimer the elevator and FFB

petsild

Hi,

I found a specific defect when the ffb on he trimer the elevator senselessly turns for aileron control. The only makeshift solution to the trimer to function correctly it is in settings tick the swap axes Y. The defect is rare in other modules, I don't remember that I had to deal with. This weird thing is from the beginning of what came out of the Spitfire module.

swapaxes.jpg?ver=2

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• ED Team

MSff2 does have this issue. So, any plane in DCS requires this setting as msff2 is used. Unfortunately, the programmer who programmed 109 and Spit was not aware about this, so he swapped the axes in the code, that is out of standard. Now all modules turned to standard.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

BF 109K works without swap axes correctly. But in the Spitfire wrongly implicated trim the aileron instead of the elevator.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

This is weird. I am using a Sidewinder FFB2 and my Spitfire trims out perfectly in 1.5 without having to check any of the Force Feedback trim settings shown in a petsild's post.

HOWEVER, I just updated 2.0 Alpha including the Spitfire update and there the trims are all over the place. I tried various settings, swapping/inverting but couldn't find a solution.

Correction. After some more delving I can confirm that checking the 'swap axis' does indeed correct the pitch trim. My bad.

Edited by Lensman
update

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

MSff2 does have this issue. So, any plane in DCS requires this setting as msff2 is used. Unfortunately, the programmer who programmed 109 and Spit was not aware about this, so he swapped the axes in the code, that is out of standard. Now all modules turned to standard.

Just to be sure I understand what you said, do you mean I no longer have to swap the axes in the Spitfire?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I re-installed the module P-51 and Bf-109, and there must do the same. So if you have a MSFFB2 joy it is necessary to turn on the item swap axes will then trim the elevator to work properly.

• 2 months later...