The New Thrustmaster T16000M and Layout.

Wish I could say I am offering this but truth is I am newly returned to DCS after several years off and am trying to get back into it with this new Hotas. I saw Ralphy's Youtube vid on it and believed it was the one for me.

I downloaded the closest thing to its illustration, the T16000 (Modded) layout but the throttle has changed and no one has produced a diagram on the new one. I could attempt this with Paint but would prefer not to. I do need an illustration, though, to remind me what goes where. Any help here?:joystick:

If you are refers to T.16000M FCS - part of FCS HOTAS - the stick buttons layout is the same of T.16000M, only colors an buttons shape changed.

In manual are drawings and buttons layout:

Stick: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/T16000M/T16000M-User_manual.pdf

Throttle: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/TWCS_throttle/TWCS_Throttle_Manual_All.pdf

Finally got most of the mapping done. Pressed the "go" button. WTF? World Alpha is not free? ARRRRUGH!

Edit: OK. 1.5 installed and some mapping done. Most are functioning. Some won't take. The paddles on the throttle won't map for, say Speed or wheel brakes. Or anything for that matter. The end dial also won't map to anything. It's probably just me. I may figure it out in time. These settings are for DCS A10C. I am wide open to suggestions.

Edited by MoToad

• 2 weeks later...

Still struggling to make my new toy work. Really having problems mapping. Read a bit on someone asking about the different USBs and decided to try my 2.0 ports. Now mapping is working. A brand new stick and throttle? And it don't like 3.0? Go figure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thx Sokol.

I have a new question. I find in DCS, trying to program I often have to push whatever button several times before it highlights and I can save it. Some never highlight (pop up). In that case I will look on the list and input it that way. This was happening before and I thought USB 3 was the problem. I switched to USB 2 and am not sure if that fixed it. Also I checked and tested the T.16000 settings in Windows and everything works as it should.

My problem with that now is I have just built a new system. Intel 7, Asrock Z270 and all the other goodies. Am trying 2.0 again.

Edited by MoToad

I have a new question. I find in DCS, trying to program I often have to push whatever button several times before it highlights and I can save it. Some never highlight (pop up). In that case I will look on the list and input it that way.

This difficult to detect buttons pressed (or axis movement) is more related do DCS interface than with some joystick in particular, sometimes the way is open the pop-up in the command window and select the button (or axis) by their number/name - what require know every button number in your joystick.

Maybe related with video configurations, anti-aliasing, window mode ON or OFF... don't know.

I also have found this type of behavior ( button press not assigning) when trying to do so whilst in the cockpit ( hit escape and got to controller setup), rather than in the main menu.

I seem to have better luck with that not happening when doing from within the main menu.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 7 months later...
I found this after 5 mins of searching. What's cool is that the PDF allows you to document you own key mappings on the sheet then you just save it off and either print it to reference or use a second monitor / separate screen (i.e. tablet) to view.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hotas/comments/5n6kb3/tm_t16000m_fcs_hotas_tfrp_config_sheet_fillable/

That sir is awesome & very helpful. Thx a ton. :thumbup:

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

• 3 weeks later...

After several months I am still searching for the right layout. I have a lot of inefficient settings and would certainly like to do better for memories' sake. The TM 16000M throttle has two 8 ways and am using the front side index finger one for slewing the Mav or targeting which seems right. The center button for Master switch which I can probably do better at. The other 8 way at the top side thumb position I have not found a proper use for. Perhaps CMS, DMS, and TMS should all be mapped in one 4 way with a mod button for two of them? I am still using the stick 8 way for head slew but an EDTracker is in the mail and will soon free that up. The pinky wheel and paddles on the throttle still remain unused as I havent figured out how to change them from axis to toggles or buttons. Am used to the twist grip stick so the paddles could be freed up from that. Gotta say the old failing memory has me pausing the game a bunch to consult my messy layouts so I need to resolve this before once again joining the on line boys without a pause button.

So, if anyone has further refined I would love to hear from you. And wouldn't it be great to map the speed brake to that paddle or the rotary?

Edited by MoToad

The pinky wheel and paddles on the throttle still remain unused as I havent figured out how to change them from axis to toggles or buttons.?

you can't set this in hardware, but could do with software, TARGET or 3rd party keymapper like Joy2key, XPadder...

For example with Joy2key you can set 2 buttons on paddle axis - one bellow 50% and one above 50%, and set on how % of axis this button will be pressed, and can define keypress for "press" and "release" of this button.

But this "virtual" button on axis can be used only though keypress, not as DX buttons - is not visible in games controls.

• 1 month later...

Hi all. I am really new to this game, and I find it really hard to make key mapping my first plane.

I do have 2 planes, one Viggen and one Mirage.

I would really need some help from someone that use mirage with a T16000M FCS HOTAS.

If anyone could do the same with Viggen to it would be great to.

Feel free to use the pdf cheat that is in this thread to make out the profile on Mirage and Viggen

And a big thanks to you who would like to give me a helping hand here.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to assign slew for the A 10C to the mini analogue stick on the Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle? For some reason it wont let me assign it to anything other than pitch roll and yaw. It'd acts like a mini joystick which I don't need. Thanks in advance

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, AJS-37 Viggen , AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL , F-5E Tiger , L-39 Albatros.