Tutorial series for the Viggen

xxJohnxx

How come Chucks guide gets stickied straight away, whereas this gem (from which Chuck pulled a lot of his info) doesn't. Please make this thread sticky so it's easy to find in the future.

Indeed! Chuck's guides are amazing, but so is this series. +1 for sticky. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Thank you all for your kind words! Very appriciated! :thumbup:

Just got arround to finish another video I was wanting to do for some time now:

Ingame Flight Planning

This video shows on how to use the ingame F-10 map for planning a flight without the use of the mission editor.

Enjoy! :pilotfly:

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Ah, great, and much needed!

(as was said above - in addition to these and other videos, there ARE training missions currently in the game, and they're all very helpful. Hopefully many more coming, as well - and not broken like the CCIP one was... now fixed thankfully.)

How come Chucks guide gets stickied straight away, whereas this gem (from which Chuck pulled a lot of his info) doesn't. Please make this thread sticky so it's easy to find in the future.

This thread should definitely be stickied and I firmly believe that John's work is of tremendous value, but please don't turn this into a popularity contest.

• Like 1

• ED Team

Thanks for the PM guys, I think cobras inbox must be full,

sticky done :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi,

Is there an advanced tutorial for the AKAN Gun pud yet? Cant seem to find any. Im having issues getting the gun pod working by some reason, not sure what Im doing wrong. Been trying most combinations I think but no result. Earlier I just got it to working firing one bullet at a time (during Beta release).

An "advanced" tutorial for the gun pod would be appreciated :)

Hi,

Is there an advanced tutorial for the AKAN Gun pud yet? Cant seem to find any. Im having issues getting the gun pod working by some reason, not sure what Im doing wrong. Been trying most combinations I think but no result. Earlier I just got it to working firing one bullet at a time (during Beta release).

An "advanced" tutorial for the gun pod would be appreciated :)

I haven't tried it, but it should work exactly like the rocket pods if i understood it correctly. Also keep in mind the you can only combine them with Rb-05 and Rb-75. If you carry any other weapons you're going to have problems. :-)

Hi John,

First of all congratulations, your tutorials are well prepared, easy to understand and very useful.

While i was checking viggen's videos on youtube it appears that someone is stealing your work...

I already reported it, i just wanted to let you know.

Link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8u1Ie8ULeM&t=7s

Edited by xjotox

Hi John,

First of all congratulations, your tutorials are well prepared, easy to understand and very useful.

While i was checking viggen's videos on youtube it appears that someone is stealing your work...

I already reported it, i just wanted to let you know.

And i'm not sure if i can post a link there but you'll find it easily by filtering with last date.

Thank you for the information. Could you provide a link?

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

As a followup to the previous video, in todays tutorial we are taking a look on how QNH, QFE and the radar altimeter work for targeting in the Viggen.

Using QNH, QFE and the radar altimeter:

Mission:Download

Enjoy! :thumbup:

• Like 1

As a followup to the previous video, in todays tutorial we are taking a look on how QNH, QFE and the radar altimeter work for targeting in the Viggen.

Using QNH, QFE and the radar altimeter:

Mission:Download

Enjoy! :thumbup:

Well done, thanks :thumbup:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Hi all,

Thanks for all those grate video.

I have a question, I can't make the aiming cursor move with the EP13 when using the RB75. I must be doing something wrong ....

what are the controls to be used to be able to aim and lock a ground target?

thank you all for your help.

Hello pilots!

I am new to DCS (but il-2 veteran), and to the forums. The Viggen forced me to fly her, and to land here (after some problems with registration)

@ derelor BIG THX!

I'm hard engaged with everything about the Viggen, and DCS of course.:joystick:

@ xxJohnxx: very good work, you are explaining everything so good, even i can understand it. Thank you very much!

There is one problem in mission RB04: i cant see any radar contacts, and when i have opend it in the editor, there ist no target at waypoint 3 ??

something wrong with me or the mission?

Regards Leo

Edited by -LEO-
  • Like 1

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

... There is one problem in mission RB04: i cant see any radar contacts, and when i have openend it in the editor, there ist no target at waypoint 3 ??

Wecome to DCS :)

In order to preserve an element of surprise, a mission designer may choose to hide some units ... this way, when you play the mission and at the beginning use the Mission planner, you dont get a spoil :)

On the mission editor, you can unhide units by using the "View Unit List" button (on the left side toolbar, 4th icon from the bottom).

When you are playing the mission, you should be able to see the target on the radar once you get near the B2 waypoint, remember to adjust the radar range to 120 Km.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Welcome to DCS and the forums and thanks for the kind words!

There is one problem in mission RB04: i cant see any radar contacts, and when i have opend it in the editor, there ist no target at waypoint 3 ??

In order to preserve an element of surprise, a mission designer may choose to hide some units [...]

Indeed, to make this mission a bit more challenging (so that one has actually use the radar :smilewink:) I have hidden the units in the mission editor.

As Rudel mentioned, you can turn them back visible if you want to.

If your radar screen is illumiated, do you actually see the sweep going across? If not make sure that you are in the proper A1 radar mode.

In mode A0, the radar will be off and in mode A2 the radar will show a magnified B-Scope (zommed square representation instead of the arc) that is positioned arround the current target point.

Best regards,

John

Ok, thank you for the explanation Rudel and John! :thumbup: I thought it must be something about hidden objects, but i was so confused about the "hidden" radar signature. So, i have to check what i have done wrong

first:book: then :joystick:

Best regards

Leo

edit: ok, mission accomplished. works fine if one keeps calm and carrys on (in der Ruhe liegt die Kraft, as we say in german language)

Edited by -LEO-

Intel i5-11400 CPU @ 4.30GHz / ASUS Prime B560-Plus / 32GB DDR3 RAM 3000 Mhz Dual / MSI Nvidia GTX  1060 6GB /  SSD Samsung 120/250/500GB  / IIyama  27" 1920x1080 @ 144 Hz / Track IR 4+Track Clip Pro / Sennheiser PC 360 / Thrustmaster Warthog Throttel , VPC-Warbrd D+Warthog Stick, TFRP Rudder / WIN 10

Ever tried. Sometimes failed. No matter. Try again.Fail again. Fail better.

Samuel Beckett (?)

• 1 month later...

Hi John,

I hope you will continue this very useful video series ... may I suggest one about TILS low visibility landings? ... I've practiced it a lot, but I still cant seem to master the technique :(

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I fully concur with the request by Rudel above.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 3 months later...
Thank you all for your kind words! Very appriciated! :thumbup:

Just got arround to finish another video I was wanting to do for some time now:

Ingame Flight Planning

This video shows on how to use the ingame F-10 map for planning a flight without the use of the mission editor.

Enjoy! :pilotfly:

I like yours tutorials, but i have some problem with waypoints.

For me not work using a N and E.

First E to N. - dont know what i do wrong.