Tutorial series for the Viggen

xxJohnxx

I like yours tutorials, but i have some problem with waypoints.

For me not work using a N and E.

First E to N. - dont know what i do wrong.

i dont know what your problem is exactly, i assume your not abel to input koordinates.

First you have to do is put your Ck into REF LOLA you also need to switch to IN

now to the coordinates: you want to input this example koordinates 405219/414500 this coordinates are already LOLA what means Longitude first (LO) latitude (LA) second. so you would go REF LOLA switch to IN Input these 405219414500 press the B1 or any other B waypoint and done. hope this helps

SFMBE

Purchased the Viggen a few days ago, but didn't have a chance to fly it until last night. During those few days I did a lot of reading and watched John's videos. Thank you, John, for taking the time to put those together and sharing with the community. They are a huge help and will continue to be a resource as I learn this excellent aircraft.

Matthew 'Mags' Maclauchlan

Oculus CV1, Thrustmaster FCS HOTAS/Pedals

Purchased the Viggen a few days ago, but didn't have a chance to fly it until last night. During those few days I did a lot of reading and watched John's videos. Thank you, John, for taking the time to put those together and sharing with the community. They are a huge help and will continue to be a resource as I learn this excellent aircraft.

+1

I have watched the videos several times, and I go back and review often. The effort and work put into making them is very much appreciated! :pilotfly::joystick:

+1

I have watched the videos several times, and I go back and review often. The effort and work put into making them is very much appreciated! :pilotfly::joystick:

+1

Johns tutorials are teached in a very clear and understandable language and has numerous times been a shortcut for me to learn different systems and tactics. - So also thx from me.

Gem

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 12GB, 1 x 1 TB SSD, 2 x 2TB SSD2 TB,  1 x 2 TBHDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit, Meta Quest 3.

• 5 weeks later...
These videos have been an endless help to me learning this magnificent sim.

so thank you so much for taking the time to make these. Great help.

+1 .. Yes, xxJohn has a way of explaining that is both clear, concise and delivered in an entertaining way ... I really liked his thoughtfulness of sharing the mission files so one could practice along.

I'm now using his MiG-21 videos to help learn that plane ... pity that most of the missions of those older videos are no longer available :(

Hope he does a new series with the F-14 when it cames out :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

+1 from my side, as I finally found time to learn the module that got me interested in DCS.

I like the clear and detailed tutorials of John and they are a treat to watch.

His calm way in presenting you the information is fun and helpful.

Even my wife was following one of his videos, while playing her arcadeish games on the ipad, and that means something... :lol:

PS: We had some fight about the question, where John is from. Wife thinks he is from somewhere Eastern Europe, my guess is more Scandinavian. Perhaps someone can settle this? :music_whistling:

Ryzen 5800XD - 32GB RAM - Sapphire RX 7900 XTX - VKB Stuff + MFG Crosswind Pedals

Homebase: Southwest Germany 🇩🇪

+1 from my side, as I finally found time to learn the module that got me interested in DCS.

I like the clear and detailed tutorials of John and they are a treat to watch.

His calm way in presenting you the information is fun and helpful.

Even my wife was following one of his videos, while playing her arcadeish games on the ipad, and that means something... :lol:

PS: We had some fight about the question, where John is from. Wife thinks he is from somewhere Eastern Europe, my guess is more Scandinavian. Perhaps someone can settle this? :music_whistling:

Austria, according to his forum profile.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I join the others. John's tutorials are great and focus on the basics. As an example I would like to mention the tutorial series for the Viggen here. I hope there will be a tutorial series for the Harrier as well.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I bookmarked this and have been watching the videos. Thanks so much John for these videos and posting the missions. It gives me nice little practice runs and when I get stuck i return to the videos to see what I missed.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 5 months later...
You guys seen these ones?

Yes, the author is very good, in fact I’m a subscriptor ... but most of his videos are in swedish language, hope he will produce more english content on the future :)

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

I have just bought the viggen a few weeks ago and I just wanted to say thank you for making these videos they are very helpful.

Well Done!

FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9 Dora, MiG-15bis , Mig-21bis, AJS-37 Viggen , M-2000C, F-15C, F/A-18C, F-14, Supercarrier, NTTR, Normandy+WW2 assets, Combined Arms, Persian Gulf

AMD Ryzen 2600x , ASUS Rog Strix B450-F, Corsair H100i, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3000MHz DDR4, MSI RTX 2070 8G, ASUS Xonar DSX, Samsung EVO 970 SSD , PSU - Corsair RM750, Headtracking - EDtracker Pro Wired, 58" Screen, TM Warthog, Windows 10 64bit Home

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Am 23.4.2018 um 12:19 schrieb Rudel_chw:

Yes, the author is very good, in fact I’m a subscriptor ... but most of his videos are in swedish language, hope he will produce more english content on the future 🙂

I'm learning swedish either way, so I subscribed 🙂

• 1 month later...

Yes, the author is very good, in fact I’m a subscriptor ... but most of his videos are in swedish language, hope he will produce more english content on the future :)
I could only find one video in Swedish and the sound isn't so good. Has he made more in Swedish? Perhaps on a different channel??

I too am learning Swedish and some good Viggen tutorials in Swedish would be excellent :)

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, john4pap said:

I could only find one video in Swedish and the sound isn't so good. Has he made more in Swedish? 

My post is from 3 years ago .. he has created more english content since, but if you look beyond 2018 you will find swedish ones, like this:

My post is from 3 years ago .. he has created more english content since, but if you look beyond 2018 you will find swedish ones, like this:

Ah thanks! I didn't see that.
But it's only been a year since I started learning Swedish :D

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...