Viggen additional 2/3 position (toggle) switches Mod

funkyfranky

Since we might have to wait a little longer until CW/CCW buttons for the rotary dials are officially supported, I have added all the individual states for the rotaries, i.e. the weapon selector, sight selector, data panel mode selector and anti jamming mode selector.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Hi, thanx for this, great. But some issues, the "RB-04...Release Mode Valb/Prep" and "Weapon Release Mode Fallsattomkopplare" both are hold so not possible to map since they require key to be hold to be active, should toggle. Same thing with the "Main Electric Power On/Off", must also HOLD to stay on.

Edited by SE-FLA

Hi, thanx for this, great.

Thanks, SE-FLA :)

But some issues, the "RB-04...Release Mode Valb/Prep" and "Weapon Release Mode Fallsattomkopplare" both are hold so not possible to map since they require key to be hold to be active, should toggle.

Not sure what you mean here. For me they work fine with ON-OFF switches.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Hi, thanx for this, great. But some issues, the "RB-04...Release Mode Valb/Prep" and "Weapon Release Mode Fallsattomkopplare" both are hold so not possible to map since they require key to be hold to be active, should toggle. Same thing with the "Main Electric Power On/Off", must also HOLD to stay on.

I think what you are after is a toggle function that switches between the two states with a momentary press (like that of a button or a keyboard key), this mod however does mainly deal with toggle switches, which have two states they stay in ON-OFF (or PRESS and RELEASE if that's clearer).

I'm sure Franky could add the toggle function, since he's awesome, but I don't think that was his original intention.

• 2 weeks later...
I think what you are after is a toggle function that switches between the two states with a momentary press (like that of a button or a keyboard key), this mod however does mainly deal with toggle switches, which have two states they stay in ON-OFF (or PRESS and RELEASE if that's clearer).

I'm sure Franky could add the toggle function, since he's awesome, but I don't think that was his original intention.

Franky could probably customize this in "clickabledata.lua"; but then the function would no longer match the physical switch in the cockpit.

The cockpit has a maintained ON/OFF switch, which stays in the ON or OFF position. As such, the switch always displays the actual state which a pushbutton or spring-loaded toggle switch can't do. If you "mickymouse" the clickabledata.lua, the switch will always return to the OFF position and therefore not show the actual operating state.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Thanks again for this great mod!

I wonder if any progress from Heatblur has been officially made in the last update regarding those mapping or is this mod still to be use?

Also, I wonder what happens if I update the game? Do I nees to deactivate the mod in JSMGE first, then update and reactivate it or can I update above? Do I need to map the button again after the update?

By the way, a command for AFK off would be great!

Best regards,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I wonder if any progress from Heatblur has been officially made in the last update regarding those mapping or is this mod still to be use?

There have been very little changes on the DCS/Heatblur side. Most of them are cosmetic.

Anyway, I just uploaded a new version v0.7, which uses the joystick and keyboard default.lua from the 1.5.6 open beta which is also identical to the one of 2.0.5.

The release branch did not change, so v0.6 should still be okay in that case.

Also, I wonder what happens if I update the game? Do I nees to deactivate the mod in JSMGE first, then update and reactivate it or can I update above?

Yes, you should always disable all mods in JSGME before you update and reactivate them after applying the patch.

Do I need to map the button again after the update?

No, that is usually not necessary.

By the way, a command for AFK off would be great!

It should be already in :) Look for the command "Autopilot Autothrottle mode AFK". That turns it on and off.

I tried it, but I get the following commands in red

:(

red_keys.JPG.ad96ad1c7860cfce85076b24959f70ea.JPG

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I tried it, but I get the following commands in red

:(

Red usually means that a same button command has already been assigned for something else. Have you assigned Num0,...,Num9 to anything else maybe. By default they are for changing the view.

You can try to simply reassign them.

Which version of DCS is that? And did you use the previous version 0.6 of the mod and was that working for you?

Red usually means that a same button command has already been assigned for something else. Have you assigned Num0,...,Num9 to anything else maybe. By default they are for changing the view.

You can try to simply reassign them.

I did .. the default value was Alt+num# and they were red ... so I changed them to just num# but they still show up red. Will check if they are conflicting with the view keys.

Which version of DCS is that? And did you use the previous version 0.6 of the mod and was that working for you?

Its the latest OpenBeta and yes, I was using the previous version of your Mod and it was working well ... I did have the numpad keys assigned as shown and they did work in the game, tough the button animation wasnt good, since the buttons didnt unpress ... they stayed in the pressed down state once I clicked on them.

I will check some more and report if i find a fix. Thanks for answering.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

I did have the numpad keys assigned as shown and they did work in the game, tough the button animation wasnt good, since the buttons didnt unpress ... they stayed in the pressed down state once I clicked on them.

Yes, I also have the data panel mapped to Num0 etc, which is very handy. So there should not be a general problem with it.

It is very interesting though that your buttons stay depressed. Because this is something I also fixed in my mod. The original file has an error, so that the button does not go up. I hope the Heatblur guys will fix that soon.

But as I said, it should not happen, when you use my mod. So there are actually two files:

a default.lua for the joystick, which is in the directory Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\joystick

and a default.lua for the keyboard, which is in Mods\aircraft\AJS37\Input\keyboard

Can you please make sure that both files are replaced by the ones of the mod - especially the one for the keyboard?

It is very interesting though that your buttons stay depressed. Because this is something I also fixed in my mod.

Hi, I believe that I was using a very early version of your Mod.

Can you please make sure that both files are replaced by the ones of the mod - especially the one for the keyboard?

I deleted the file Keyboard.diff.lua on my Saved Games folder, and that seems to have fixed the issue.

Sadly, I had previously assigned keys to a lot of the new commands, and those were not preserved, I have had to assign the keys again ... some of them were this:

A0_Mode = {LALT a}

A1_Mode = {RSHF a}

A2_Mode_Three_position_switch = {RALT RCTL a}

Autopilot_yaw_trim_Left = {RALT RCTL z}

Autopilot_yaw_trim_Right = {RALT RCTL x}

Trigger_safety_bracket_ARM = {LCTL t}

Trigger_safety_bracket_SAFE = {LALT LCTL t}

Reference_button = {LCTL LSHF r}

Obstacle_detection_mode = {LCTL h}

Reversal_off = {RSHF p}

Reversal_on = {RALT p}

Play = {LALT m}

Stop = {RCTL m}

Volume_Down = {LCTL v}

Volume_Up = {LALT v}

Seat_Adjustment-Down = {RCTL s}

Seat_Adjustment-Up = {RALT s}

Airbrake_out_force = {RALT b}

Airbrake_in = {RSHF b}

T0_Fix = {RCTL t}

T1_Fix = {RSHF t}

TV_Fix = {LCTL LSHF t}

:( ... but anyway, the Mod is working fine again and I now have a proper animation for the Datapanel buttons :D

Thanks a lot for the help.

A suggestion:

I found that your Mod doesnt have keyboard bindings for the Trigger safety cover, it can only be binded to Hotas buttons.

So, I added to the keyboard's lua file, the lines suggested on this post: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182492

You may want to incoporate those two into your Mod :)

I program my joystick through the keyboards bindings, rather than using DCS's control GUI, in order to get more uses out of the limited number of hats and buttons that my TM Cougar has.

Best regards.

:( ... but anyway, the Mod is working fine again and I now have a proper animation for the Datapanel buttons :D

Glad it works for you now :)

Generally speaking, I recommend to update the mod regularly. I will upload a new version whenever there are changes on the DCS side.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182492

You may want to incoporate those two into your Mod :)

No problem, I'll add those.

Hi Franky, could you post a viggen profile with my buttons mod and how to use the 2/3 switches as I cannot for the life of me get my head around it. I have the mod working but not sure how the switches are set up in the controls. I think i may be getting too old for all this. cheers Mick :helpsmilie:

There are old Pilots and there are Bold Pilots.....but there are no Old Bold Pilots :pilotfly:

Hey Mick, I would love to help but I'm not sure how. In principle the buttons are assigned like the standard ones.

Can you be a bit more specific where you have problems?

Hi Franky, sorry for the confusion, I am just not clear which commands would be assigned to the 2 or 3 switches, I was hoping you could show me a screen grab of a typical profile and how you assign the commands to switches. I am not sure if I am over thinking this and making problems for myself but as they say a picture paints a thousand words. I just need to see an example of the use of the switches and hopefully set it right in my head lol.gif

Cheers Mick

There are old Pilots and there are Bold Pilots.....but there are no Old Bold Pilots :pilotfly:

Generally the mod works according to this principle. It is meant mainly for toggle switches which have two states: ON and OFF. ON would be the same as pressing a button down and OFF would be the same as a button being released (ie. there's no input, but a lack thereof).

A keybind in this mod would then be activated when pressed and deactivated when released. So when you bind a function you only bind the ON state, and if the state isn't ON it will naturally be OFF and the software sets the function to the opposite position. This only works logically with switches that are actually toggle switches in the cockpit though, and not simple push buttons.

A 3-way toggle switch usually has the ON-OFF-ON states instead and can be regarded as two toggle switches with a common OFF state in the center. The dual stage trigger of the warthog however is OFF-ON-ON, so you need to keep that in mind when binding things to it. Heatblurs default binds for the radar trigger doesn't work for it, but frankys does.

I hope this didn't make you more confused. The best thing you can do is experiment with it until you figure it out. Look how the button presses behave in the windows USB game controllers window and you'll figure it out.

Please ask if you want me to clarify something.:thumbup:

thanks for that Franky, had a play today and can now see light at the end of the tunnel

Great that you got the hang of it :thumbup:

Hi Franky,

Hope you don't mind but I've added the new ground crew commands to your work.

Its a straight copy from the keyboard lua so I've added them at the top of your keyboard lua section in the joystick lua, so we can assign commands from other input devices.

I've incremented the version number too, if that's ok?

Thanks again for your efforts

_My Buttons AJS-37 Viggen v0.8.zip

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.

Plato

Is it incremented from v.07 or 06? :)

Sent fra min SM-G903F via Tapatalk

Burnhard

Periferals - HP Reverb - Viper/Warthog grip on VPC WarBRD base - Virpil Mogoos T-50 Throttle - MFG Crosswind rudders - Gametrix KW 908 // HW - 7700k@4.8 - 32GB@3200 - RTX2080TI // DCS Favourites - AJS37 - SA342 - F-16C :thumbup: