Viggen additional 2/3 position (toggle) switches Mod

funkyfranky

The change is for 2.1.1, but adding it to 1.5 won't hurt. Just clear the assignment that conflicts with the sidewinder uncage
Thanks!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

I get a strange "bug" or what I should cal it when I try to reassign 'IR-missile uncage' to something else than default after adding those lines to the keyboard lua.

'Select Data Cartridge - Down' gets red after DCS restart if 'IR-missile uncage' is anything else than default "LCtrl + LAlt + C", even cleared (both are not red if both are default "LCtrl + LAlt + C")

Screen_170802_200238.jpg.04f9a8107e6dbebca125272cd9847c30.jpg

(in this picture 'Select Data Cartridge - Down' is cleared, but it doesn't matter what it is)

If I leave 'IR-missile uncage' as default "LCtrl + LAlt + C" and change 'Select Data Cartridge - Down' to anything else than default (even cleared), 'IR-missile uncage' becomes red after DCS restart.

Screen_170802_200748.jpg.140b2ef68f016188ac166bcbd52014a8.jpg

('IR-missile uncage' must be "LCtrl + LAlt + C" for this to happen)

It does work if the change from default is done and a mission is started without restarting DCS. But after a restart it doesn't work anymore.

I attach my modified FunkyFranky's keyboard lua

default.lua

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Found a solution to my problem in my post above:

I compared the original default.lua with FunkyFranky's default.lua and saw that a change has been made for "Weapon selector turn counterclockwise" with an added shift key. Since changes in the Options-Controls only put a note in the Keyboard.diff.lua file (saved games user folder), I figured if I made the change in the default.lua directly it would work.

And it did :thumbup:

So do not only add the two lines suggested by Home Fries, but also change the key assignment on the line for 'IR-missile uncage' (nr 313) to something else.

Mine looks like this:

{combos = {{key = "C", reformers = {"LAlt","LCtrl","LShift"}}}, down = 3314, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, value_down = 1.0, name = _("IR-missile uncage"), category = _("Weapons")},

• Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Thanks HF and Holton :thumbup: I've been quite busy this week. But I'll make an update with your changes over the next weekend :)

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Uploaded version 1.1 with the following changes:

- Added the data cartridge selection buttons as pointed out by HF.

- Changed default modifier for data cartridge selection down from LCtrl+LAlt to LCtrl+LAlt+Shift due to conflict with IR-missile uncage, which also has LCtrl+LAlt by default. Thanks to Holton

"_My Buttons" changes:

- Added "Obstacle avoidance mode On/Off" as suggested by HF.

- Added "High-pressure Fuel Valve Off/Idle" switch (only joystick.lua). At least for me the default "High-pressure fuel valve (For HOTAS, Off if pressed)" was not working correctly.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

• 1 month later...
Is there any way to make the instrument lights accessible on the keyboard?

One key to increase and one to decrease would be awesome.

I could not find anything in "clickabledata.lua" that would work with button input.

The only thing I could do was to create axis commands for Instrument Lights and Panel Lights. These require an axis input like the slider on my TM Warthog throttle. Since I don't have enough sliders or pots available, I only use the instrument lights as I find those more important.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Thanks for the quick reply.

I guess there is no way of making the slider control all three of the light knobs either?

No

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Rotary switches Weapon Interval Select and Datapanel

@funkfranky:

Have you found a way to control the rotary switches for "Weapon Interval Select" and "Datapanel" with commands like Clockwise/Counterclockwise?

I have only succeded with Mode Select, Weapons Select and TILS.

LeCuvier

Nope, like you I'm waiting anxiously for the Heatblur guys to implement those.

• Like 1

Nope, like you I'm waiting anxiously for the Heatblur guys to implement those.

...those and others. I have the Viggen since January and have seen very little progress in control bindings. A bit disappointing..

LeCuvier

Here are some file updates for the latest LUA versions (1.5.7.9459 and 2.1.1.9459).

Enjoy!

EDIT: Attachment fixed, though for external lights only the discrete states appear to work.

Mods.zip

Edited by Home Fries
Fixed files
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

2-Position Commands for internal lights

Not sure if this is something new but I share it anyway:

I was looking for a way to control the internal lights (panels, flood and instrument) with 3-position switches. Reason: I don't have enough axis controls on my rig.

By mistake I found that the lights can be simply switched ON/OFF with the following additions to the "default.lua":

{down = 3006, up = 3006, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = 'Panel Lights 2-Pos. Switch', category = 'Internal Lights'},
{down = 3007, up = 3007, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = 'Flood Lights 2-Pos. Switch', category = 'Internal Lights'},
{down = 3008, up = 3008, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = 'Instrument Lights 2-Pos. Switch', category = 'Internal Light'},

Each light requires only one maintained ON/OFF switch. Of course this does not allow me to dim the lights; but I have never found them too bright. So I did not pursue the idea with the 3-position switches any further.

LeCuvier

Hi, would it be possible to add an antenna altitude axis this way?

I guess you mean Radar elevation. That could quite probably be set up for ON/OFF control. But is that useful? You could only set the antenna fully up or fully down. No intermediate position. Is that what you want to do?

Edit: and where in the cockpit can I see what I have set? The flight manual illustrations don't help to find it.

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

• ED Team
I guess you mean Radar elevation. That could quite probably be set up for ON/OFF control. But is that useful? You could only set the antenna fully up or fully down. No intermediate position. Is that what you want to do?

Edit: and where in the cockpit can I see what I have set? The flight manual illustrations don't help to find it.

I meant as an axis, like you did with lights.

I meant as an axis, like you did with lights.

You haven't answered my question: where in the cockpit can I see what I have set?

I need to know that in order to test.

LeCuvier

• ED Team
You haven't answered my question: where in the cockpit can I see what I have set?

I need to know that in order to test.

The antenna elevation knob is that cylindrical thing aft of radar stick. It's not animated though (neither is the radar stick itself), so I don't think it'll be of much help :(

Not sure if this is something new but I share it anyway:

I was looking for a way to control the internal lights (panels, flood and instrument) with 3-position switches. Reason: I don't have enough axis controls on my rig.

By mistake I found that the lights can be simply switched ON/OFF with the following additions to the "default.lua":

{down = 3006, up = 3006, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = 'Panel Lights 2-Pos. Switch', category = 'Internal Lights'},
{down = 3007, up = 3007, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = 'Flood Lights 2-Pos. Switch', category = 'Internal Lights'},
{down = 3008, up = 3008, cockpit_device_id = devices.LIGHTS, value_down = 1.0, value_up = -1.0, name = 'Instrument Lights 2-Pos. Switch', category = 'Internal Light'},

Each light requires only one maintained ON/OFF switch. Of course this does not allow me to dim the lights; but I have never found them too bright. So I did not pursue the idea with the 3-position switches any further.

where exactly do you put that in?

is there a special place inside the default.lua you need to put it?

where exactly do you put that in?

is there a special place inside the default.lua you need to put it?

Look for these lines close to the bottom of the file:

})
-- joystick axes

You need to insert your additions somewhere above these lines. I have entered all my additions in one block just above these lines so I can manage them easily.

Also, you should use the free program "Notepad++" (open in admin mode) to edit .lua files.

Further, I recommend you use OvGME to enable and disable modified .lua files. Before any update or repair, disable them and re-enable them after the update repair. This is because the update/repair would otherwise overwrite your modified files by the stock version.

LeCuvier

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, uploaded version 1.2 in the first post.

Changelog:

• Files are now based on the latest DCS Viggen version 10/11/2017.
  • Added radio button for direct selection of flights.
  • Added contributions by Home Fries.
  • Added contributions by LeCuvier.

Thanks to HF and LeCuvier :thumbup:

I could take out a lot of the keyboard commands which were missing in the original joystick.lua, since the Heatblur guys added them in the latest version. Quite a bit of fiddling around :)