RB 15F...any one managed to fire it?

nullsys

When you fire it from NAV mode, it will lock on the first target in sight. This was functional for me.

You can also program a markpoint on BX8, the weapon will look for a target in that area. I used the computer to input coords generated with the F-10 map. This was also functional for me. You can use markpoints to generate a complex route but I have not tried this yet. The system is not designed to work with generic waypoints.

Check my F-15C guide

I just know how to use radar fix to set the missile.

Master Mode: ANF

Weapon: ATTACK

I perfer IMP and use 800004 for target setting(Input in TAKT in CK37)

(Now the altitude warning light should be On because we didn't input BX8)

Radar on A1, when target in radar sight,

BX, number pad 8 (target area), T0, T1, and you can see a cross with circle on radar screen, move that symbol to target area, Tv. (Now the altitude warning light should be OFF).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3030732&postcount=4

Use the same way to set BX7(turning point) and BX6(descend point). steering to BX6 and wait for the release symbol.

safety off, fire~~

RB15.thumb.png.e12f1f384bd04855f0b44ff433e1f498.png

Three planes use their own setting so the missile's trajectories are different

For me, I fire two missile with 10-20s time interval to hit multiple target. I'm still testing the other missile settings.

Edited by groovy

There are also some outstanding RB-15 bugs. Namely:

1. Launching in quick mode, the missile must travel some distance before the seeker activates. Launching them from inside 20km doesn't work.

2. If you set the weapon selector to ATTACK before you set the mode to ANF, the missile launches in quick release mode.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

Yeah I've used in many times, it's generally just as simple as the RB-04E unless you want to make it complicated, however, a much longer range firing within 60km range is almost always a direct hit unless of course CIWS. And that is the reason why i don't recommend ever trying any missile on a carrier, the odds of it getting shot down are extremely high.

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

I just know how to use radar fix to set the missile.

Radar on A1, when target in radar sight,

BX, number pad 8 (target area), T0, T1, and you can see a cross with circle on radar screen, move that symbol to target area, Tv. (Now the altitude warning light should be OFF).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3030732&postcount=4

I followed exactly those steps and it didnt work for me. The altitude red light remained on all the time and I couldnt fire. I tried all altitudes and it didnt go off.

EDIT: a step is missing, the CK37 selector should be in LOLA and in Input mode before you hit NUM8.

Edited by TomCatMucDe

There seems to be some issues with setting up the RB-15F.

- Even if you enter any values, the still seem to be in the "single ship closest to ATP" mode. Probably related to what Fishbreath was writing.

- Setting up the BX8 waypoint should set the BX6, BX7 and BX9 waypoint automatically, however it doesn't seem to do so. If you just set the BX8 waypoint, the BX7 waypoint is usually just somewhere else, often totally off. This can prevent launch of the RB-15F. Same seems to be true for the BX6 and BX9 waypoint, though they won't inhabit the launch.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

There seems to be some issues with setting up the RB-15F.

- Even if you enter any values, the still seem to be in the "single ship closest to ATP" mode. Probably related to what Fishbreath was writing.

- Setting up the BX8 waypoint should set the BX6, BX7 and BX9 waypoint automatically, however it doesn't seem to do so. If you just set the BX8 waypoint, the BX7 waypoint is usually just somewhere else, often totally off. This can prevent launch of the RB-15F. Same seems to be true for the BX6 and BX9 waypoint, though they won't inhabit the launch.

that s also what I see. But in my case, I have the problem only when I fix BX8 with the radar. The missile fires but goes totally to the left and flies till it explodes. If I set coordinates it works.

Edited by TomCatMucDe

Here's my working solution:

This section remains the same, regardless of INPUT for target.

Setup the weapon

• ATTACK
  • Weapon Selector & Sight Mode Selector UP (These can be changed for your preferred release)
  • QFE
  • ANF
  • A2 Radar

Two versions of target input.

Set up the target

• LOLA on the dial
  • INPUT mode
  • T1
  • SLEW TO TARGET
  • TV
  • BX
  • Numpad 8

Set up the target with coordinates

• LOLA on the dial
  • INPUT mode
  • Type in the coordinates via numpad
  • BX
  • Numpad 8

The Radar Warning Light will now be disengaged, and you can fire the weapon.

Edited by nullsys
Formatting

I followed exactly those steps and it didnt work for me. The altitude red light remained on all the time and I couldnt fire. I tried all altitudes and it didnt go off.

EDIT: a step is missing, the CK37 selector should be in LOLA and in Input mode before you hit NUM8.

I'm using ATK POS and output when I'm hitting BX and num 8(7,6)