Trimming, and reving in the Gazelle...

Anatoli-Kagari9

I just got training in my new Gazelle module.

I had seen before videos like this:

showing some weird ( IMO ) behaviour, but yesterday after completing the startup training mission I decided to lift off by pulling the collective slowly until the Gazelle lifts from ground and enters IGE, and then, without ANY cyclic or anti-torque correction, I climbed all the way up this way, rolling around the vertical axis, with no drift or drag hint or displacement requiring cyclic corrections ...

I repeated with the AP and it's three channels disengaged, and the same is possible :-/

Also, the trim options for "left wing down..." and pitch seem swapped ? I programmed a button for left wing down and the heli rolls right, another one for nose down, and the heli pitches up ?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Also, the trim options for "left wing down..." and pitch seem swapped ? I programmed a button for left wing down and the heli rolls right, another one for nose down, and the heli pitches up ?

Maybe this will help?

Read post #19

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3022043

I don't own this module, just remember reading about a solved similar issue.

/H

• Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Just tested it - was the FFB enabled in the Game Options, when I do not have one !

But that total lack of need to compensate for collective adjustments, even with SAS and trim OFF, as soon as we get away from near stationary still puzzles me :-/

Is the real Gazelle that "easy" to cope with when collective is lowered / pulled ( even abruptly ) without requiring any sort of anti-torque ( rudder ) input ?

To make sure it wasn't the SAS, I turned of the AP and all of the three SAS channels as well as the mag trim, but still no need for rudder input with collective adjustments if I have a fwd movement with just a médium speed.

Edited by jcomm

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...