One thing that isn't modeled (Nitpicking)

Flaskus

When you eject from the real Viggen the aircraft actually ejects the tail fin first with an explosive charge. The reason is that the tail fin was so large that the ejection seat would not be able to get over in a high speed situation.

Don't know where you got that from, but it's not correct. The fin could be folded, on ground, by a mechanic, but otherwise it stayed put.

Sorry about my lousy research.

The reason i was so sure is that a former Swedish air force pilot who flew the Lansen & Draken told me about this. I've spent an hour on google and realize i must have been fooled. Maybe he's got Alzheimer's or something. :(

Mods can scrap this tread

"Guys, what if, instead of ejecting the pilot out of the plane, we jettison the entire plane radially away from the pilot"

That made me laugh so hard

You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can't, you do the next best thing. You back up but you don't give up. — Chuck Yeager

Or eject the pilot through the floor of the cockpit? Thus negating the tailfin alltogether.

SD

Sorry Boeing has that one covered on at least the early B-52's So definitely not quirky enough for SAAB.

Maybe explosive bolts along the entire centreline and clamshelling the airframe, thus jettisoning the nose via amsall explosive charge and then the splitting of the plane leaving the pilot in disbelief for a second before one of two things happens, 1) (best result) the RM8 thunders past him making sure he is awake. 2) (Not the solution entirely hoped for) The RM8 blasts through the pilot eating him whoole!

Staffan

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

Or eject the pilot through the floor of the cockpit? Thus negating the tailfin alltogether.

SD

The Starfighter way! :D

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg