AI can't use RB-04?

grunf

AI can't use the RB-04. I've set up a waypoint some 30km from target, 250m altitude, with Attack group order. Viggens turn around and RTB with the missiles attached.

Can someone confirm? There's a chance I'm doing something wrong, although I had success with AI launching RB-05 and -15.

** edit **

My original issue was caused by my own mistake of using player's version of missiles for AI.

After using the proper RB-04 missiles for the AI, I found that they do not appear on the plane, and cause DCS to crash.

Logs and mission attached below, post #4.

Edited by grunf

AI can't use the RB-04. I've set up a waypoint some 30km from target, 250m altitude, with Attack group order. Viggens turn around and RTB with the missiles attached.

Can someone confirm? There's a chance I'm doing something wrong, although I had success with AI launching RB-05 and -15.

Which RB04 variant did you use to equip the AI Viggens? There are two different variants of the RB04, one for AI and one for players.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Indeed I was using the wrong ones :doh:. Thanks for pointing that out.

After I put the proper AI missiles, they do not appear on the planes (like Asgar mentioned above). The AI does act like it's pressing the attack (despite apparently without missiles), until the DCS crashes.

Logs and mission attached.

The mission is a simple one, with two AI, 300m in front of the player, on a course towards some ships, 30-35km away.

dcs.zip

viggen_antiship_test2.miz

"- There are Rb04 and Rb15 versions for AI planes but they where only now discovered to not work and might crash your game. The versions for human players doesn't work properly for AI.

"

Perhaps I was just lucky, but before I knew there are two versions of missiles, I put the player's RB-15 on AI, and it worked. :D

Anybody know when this will be fixed? I only fly SP and usually fight ships. But as I can only carry 2 Rb04 and most ships need a lot of more hits, I need the help of AI. AI currently either just does nothing, or drops all rockets due to SAM activities from the ship (targeting other planes and still too far off). So, AI is currently not usable for ship fighting.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Anybody know when this will be fixed? I only fly SP and usually fight ships. But as I can only carry 2 Rb04 and most ships need a lot of more hits, I need the help of AI. AI currently either just does nothing, or drops all rockets due to SAM activities from the ship (targeting other planes and still too far off). So, AI is currently not usable for ship fighting.

let the enemy lock onto you and get the attention away from your wingmen, so that they can do their stuff

The ship is busy locking onto 4 F15s that are themselves targeting 2 Ka50. Rb-04 also have longer range that the SAMs the ship is shooting. Still AI pilot will either ignore the command to engage (first confirm, then ignore, then reject) or feel threatened by the SAM and jettison all his missiles.

Hope this will be fixed, but would be good to get an idea how long it might take. Is this easy or difficult. Cause I have no idea. I know that quit a lot of people prefer to fly MP and I'm happy to hear that some of their problems will be fixed in the next release.

But there seems to be also a lot of people who prefer to fly SP. Mostly because they are not up to the challenge, or just do not have the time to fly MP.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb