UH-1H huey update

Vinny002

I don't understand lol......the only thing I can find wrong with the Huey is that it's hard to fly, and that's mainly my fault eh? Can't folks just enjoy it as is, or add some of the community mods and skins and then wait patiently, or more importantly, quietly, for whatever update BST gives us? I think this is my new favorite.....you guys clamor for new aircraft to fly on other threads, and then come in here and ask for them to also, while they work on the new iron for us, you ask them to also provide updates, and then jump back to the new stuffs threads and ask for them to hurry up?

If my wife did something like that I'd make her go to counselling because that's CRAZY!

~S

first of all we are not your wives (thanks God) :D

dcs huey is the best huey addon ever made. and we want to keep this opportunities with further developments. because there are countless of huey operations and variants out there.

imagine fire fight operations with bambi buckets, medevacs with visible crews, troop transport with visible soldiers, sea rescue operations with winches or fast rope ops ..

so this bird or mi-8 deserve further developments very much..

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

The only thing necessary IM(humble)O is multi crew. Everything else that could be developed, like fire fighting or animated passengers will I believe have to be ED led. But I may be wrong. As far as the huey flight model and usable systems I think its about perfect:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

like a real huey pilot said in this forum, this helicopter comes into VRS real quick after descending below 40 knots.

i think this will be the most important update.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2950264&postcount=12

I don't like the autorotation or vortex ring state, they are not accurate at all. It's far too easy to get in to VRS, and the helicopter tends to go nose low on entry into the auto.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

like a real huey pilot said in this forum, this helicopter comes into VRS real quick after descending below 40 knots.

+1

That and multi-crew. It's been pretty silent around the Huey unfortunately. :(

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I don't understand lol......the only thing I can find wrong with the Huey is that it's hard to fly, and that's mainly my fault eh? Can't folks just enjoy it as is, or add some of the community mods and skins and then wait patiently, or more importantly, quietly, for whatever update BST gives us? I think this is my new favorite.....you guys clamor for new aircraft to fly on other threads, and then come in here and ask for them to also, while they work on the new iron for us, you ask them to also provide updates, and then jump back to the new stuffs threads and ask for them to hurry up?

If my wife did something like that I'd make her go to counselling because that's CRAZY!

~S

There are still huge issues with this module:

- The promised and still missing multicrew feature

- Engine overheating is not simulated and would radically change flight behaviour which is not really realistic without it.

From the official development plans:

- UH-1H: Update engine model related to temperatures and power output

- UH-1H: Add sustained overheating effects

http://belsimtek.com/upload/docs/development-tasks.pdf

Still waiting... :mad:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Aaaand...

Isn't it still in beta?

A full release would be highly appreciated.

But I'm happy with what we have already.

/H

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

....and last but not least, a 40mm grenade launcher!

On the H? I thought only B and C Hueys had them?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

The only update the Huey needs is a new campaign.

Something like the border campaign for the Mi8.

i7-4790k @ 4.4GHZ, 32GB G. Skill Ripjaws DDR-2133 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3, Crucial M500 SSD, VKB MCG, TWCS Throttle, MFG Crosswind, TrackIR 5

I don't know. Seeing "40" on the weapon selector makes me think it could happen.

Good point

Tornado3 small.jpg

MMM Well it used to go into VRS real easy and often when I first was learning to fly the Huey, listen to the rotors they tell you a lot. When decelerating out of ETL maintain rate of decline near zero is better and you shouldn't have any problems.

If you pick the VRS onset (hint listen to the rotors) quick enough try nose down and left or right stick if you have enough height you'll mostly be able to get into undisturbed air then correct aircraft attitude and continue.

Keep in mind the airspeed indicator really doesn't read anything meaningful below about 40Kts. So you need to judge air speed by eye.

Settling with power is an odd term I usually find it anything but settling. :music_whistling:

If we want something to model to make things more realistic how about rotor and jet wash, neither seem to effect the Huey or the Gazelle and yes I have tried this a lot with the Huey. I know I may need :helpsmilie:

YMMV :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

cruising below 40 kts is very hard with dcs huey. because it becomes unpredictable and unstabil.

i may be a dumb sim pilot but a real huey pilot who has decades of experince with this thing thinks the same. i am sure when this is fixed on both huey and mi-8, flying will be much more fun

Youtube

cruising below 40 kts is very hard with dcs huey. because it becomes unpredictable and unstabil.

i may be a dumb sim pilot but a real huey pilot who has decades of experince with this thing thinks the same. i am sure when this is fixed on both huey and mi-8, flying will be much more fun

No your not a dumb sim pilot we're all learning. :thumbup:

For me it flys well real well. Practice taxiing around the runways at 2 ft. off the deck. :thumbup:

And then practice accelerating to 40kts at 5 ft off the deck then decelerate to hover maintaining height.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I fly with real huey pilots all the time on the 229th, as well as kiowa, Gazelle, Uh-60 and AH-64 pilots, they are fairly unanimous in the praise of the flight model. I actually find it easy to fly at 40 knots and less at various heights. I also don't find it easy to enter VRS in the huey. But that is only my view and I agree that EGT damage should be modelled. Can we agree to disagree on this one Ebabil:)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are updates and fixes that are needed for the Huey. For instance, the AI menu does not work at all in VR, so you have no way to control your gunners or at least see what mode they are in, nor do you see your axis overlays, so yes, there are very important fixes that are needed asap for the Huey.

Additionally, there are minor system anomalies. Two examples:

1. Bright/Dim switch for nav lights operates in reverse.

2. Keyboard/Joystick mapping for the circuit breakers is all mixed up.

I have been able to fix number 2 by editing the .lua file(s) but each time a DCS update is made these get reset back to the incorrect mappings.

Additionally, multi-crew would be awesome to have functioning although I don't do much flying on line and even less combat flying. I am here more for the flight model of my beloved UH-1H Huey! I am also dabbling around with some of the other modules (P-51D is the biggest one other than the Huey, then the Spit when I get better at tail-wheel handling with the 51) but it is the Huey that drew me here.

Bottom line is - yes, it's an outstanding module but there are still quirks to be fixed and improvements to be made (promised features such as multi-crew) that would make this module even better.

Highspeed

There are updates and fixes that are needed for the Huey. For instance, the AI menu does not work at all in VR, so you have no way to control your gunners or at least see what mode they are in, nor do you see your axis overlays, so yes, there are very important fixes that are needed asap for the Huey.

You can see gunners roe mode and ammo in the bottom right corner when hit the esc key.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]