UH-1H huey update

Vinny002

I actually find it easy to fly at 40 knots and less at various heights. I also don't find it easy to enter VRS in the huey.

This! I find it basically impossible to VRS this thing and I fly it hard, lots of collective in fast descends.

The Mi8 on the other hand is a different story. THIS is really tricky. I actually think I got a special version, the Mi-8VRS

You can see gunners roe mode and ammo in the bottom right corner when hit the esc key.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I will have to try this. But to be clear, you are saying you have to pause the game to see what mode they are in? So, pause game, see what mode in, unpause game, set them to what you hope is correct, pause game again to see if correct as intended, unpause game to continue playing until you need to rinse and repeat to change.

If so, yeah, not the most fluid method vs just working as it should. But thanks for the tip.

I will have to try this. But to be clear, you are saying you have to pause the game to see what mode they are in? So, pause game, see what mode in, unpause game, set them to what you hope is correct, pause game again to see if correct as intended, unpause game to continue playing until you need to rinse and repeat to change.

If so, yeah, not the most fluid method vs just working as it should. But thanks for the tip.

Well, not a big deal, you are not constantly changing them only on fence in and fence out. And once you get used to you dont really need to check. Just press roe mode twice and they goes to free fire :)

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Additionally, there are minor system anomalies. Two examples:

1. Bright/Dim switch for nav lights operates in reverse.

2. Keyboard/Joystick mapping for the circuit breakers is all mixed up.

I have been able to fix number 2 by editing the .lua file(s) but each time a DCS update is made these get reset back to the incorrect mappings.

Highspeed

If you use JSGME you just have to re-install the mod you made.

Easy as a push of a button.

I don't understand lol......the only thing I can find wrong with the Huey is that it's hard to fly, and that's mainly my fault eh? Can't folks just enjoy it as is, or add some of the community mods and skins and then wait patiently, or more importantly, quietly, for whatever update BST gives us? I think this is my new favorite.....you guys clamor for new aircraft to fly on other threads, and then come in here and ask for them to also, while they work on the new iron for us, you ask them to also provide updates, and then jump back to the new stuffs threads and ask for them to hurry up?

If my wife did something like that I'd make her go to counselling because that's CRAZY!

~S

Yeah, but there are some features that the Huey use to have that it no longer has because of unknown issues. No embarking for troops in the ME, some guys have issues with the flight model that has changed. It's not a big deal, there are just folks here who are wondering what the status of those kinds of things are. And it's been a while since they've seen or heard anything.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dogmanbird said:

I've noticed that since the recent DCS game update, the grass now sways when hovering over it. I don't think this happened before did it? 

edit - doesn't always happen. maybe it's just gust of wind

Shame the grass sticks up through the floor of the helicopter on the ground.  😞

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Like 2

Bell_UH-1 side.png