Red Flag question

Hey,

While doing research for the upcoming Red Flag campaign for M-2000C (going through very intensive preparations, if you want to learn more, please follow THIS LINK) ), I came to a question regarding the NTTR itself and the typical use during the Red Flag.

From what I have read so far, all the Red Flag scenarios are being played East to West (with Agressors on the western side, Blue Force on the East). However, for the conflict I am preparing it would make much more sense to place it South to North, with the FEBA running somewhere between Reveille South and North. There is a large stretch of uninhabited, yet modelled terrain north from it.

Do you know if such scenario could happen in real life, ie that the Red Flag outstretches north from Reveille (with many targets placed even 50-60 miles further north)? Looking forward to your thoughts on that.

Thanks!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

To my knowledge Red Flag always happens within the boundaries of the NTTR. Outside of 4807 there are not going to be any ground targets.

• Like 1

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

There are some ranges further northwest of the NTTR (not modeled) that are part of the NAS Fallon range complex. However, I do not believe any Red Flag ops happen in those ranges. There is an area southwest of Las Vegas in R2502 that encompass the Green Flag (ground version of Red Flag) area. Right now that isn't too well modeled but ED has said in the past that they would like to expand out there. If you get the 476th's map and Range Objects they have placed a few targets out there for you.

Thanks! I grabbed the 476ths template and Google Earth, working on that basis now. Which brings me to another question - as Groom Lake is always a NO-FLY zone, during the Flag Blue Force would always get to their targets through Sally Corridor, or does it sometimes happen via Nevada Test Site (so west from Container)?

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

For blufor, no, they follow either the Sally or Elgin LFE routing. Redfor however do typically enter from the west via the lee corridor.

• Like 1

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

For blufor, no, they follow either the Sally or Elgin LFE routing. Redfor however do typically enter from the west via the lee corridor.

So in Red Flag do all the players fly from Nellis? Or are the aggressor squadrons based at Tonopah?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hi Eddie.

Resurrecting a dead thread here, but I figured there's no point starting a new one on the same topic.

Do you know what sort of Helo operations take place during Red Flag, if at all?

I'm writing a few scenarios for Helo operations on the NTTR map and I'd like to frame them in the context of a Red Flag exercise.

Do they just perform simulated CSAR operations, or are their any air mobile/air assault elements to the exercise?

Same question goes for anybody else who might know.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk