Mission Editor (RB04/15 waypoints question)

Krinje

I have a mission written as a practice for using the RB04. I'm wondering not how to set a way point as an "M" but rather where should I set this waypoint?

If I set the waypoint on the target, all of the times are screwed up, and you won't cycle to the next B point because you where 30km away when you launched. So this adds give or take 60km of 'connect the dots' in the editor, that you aren't intended to fly.

If I set the waypoint to the intended release point, everything is more or less fine as far as 'connect the dots' is concerned, but, there isn't a "target" reference, or anything pointing out the actual intended targets. If there where for instance 2 groups of ships, this causes some confusion.

Does anyone have a clue about the "right way" to do this? IRL where would the M point be located for this kind of operation?

(I think I have a hack-ish way to do the first, by manually correcting the B (after M) flight speed to insane values to match the intended arrival time, though annoyingly I can't lock the time because then it would be an M...)

As per the SFI (flight manual for the real aircraft), the target waypoint should always be at the estimated target position. With standoff weapons you simply switch navigation waypoints manually after weapons release.

e: like so - the illustration has both waypoint numbers and master modes marked (U5 is the pop-up point for the target waypoint M5):

n8mLS4U.png

Edited by renhanxue

See xxJohnxx 's 2nd RB 15 video on setting and using Bx mark points. The RB04 won't use mark points, etc. for navigation but you can use one for range to target, without the need to reveal yourself with radar.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hmm, If that picture is the right way to do it then the editor is going to be a big pain in the ass every time. (because the waypoint after the M will have ~60km or ~160km added to the ETA)

Thank you very much for this info, I'd rather make it right than make it 'easy/lazy'.

Hmm, If that picture is the right way to do it then the editor is going to be a big pain in the ass every time. (because the waypoint after the M will have ~60km or ~160km added to the ETA)

The renhanxue's SFI example is for the RB 04 (32 km range), so the target way point M5, might add ~60km to your flight plan.

The SFI example for the RB 15 (70 km range) looks like this

attachment.php?attachmentid=156140&stc=1&d=1485803402

and way point M3 is the weapon release point and mark point Bx8 the assumed target position. AFAIK the mark point Bx8 won't add to your flight plan/bingo fuel calculations.

RB15F_FlightPlan.thumb.PNG.a2ed022d3a51c92c0121ec786de7340b.PNG

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080