Model Viewer doesn't update livery textures?

Worrazen

Hello

The model viewer doesn't update the livery textures and uses cached ones, forcing me to close and reopen the model viewer in order to see the changes I have made.

Why I say cached, because it still loads the old texture after I deleted the DDS source file.

This is substantially slowing down the devlopment process.

It would be great if the livery/texture reload would happen when model reloading , or if you want to make a separate button, it's not my call, but this is like kinda a big deal, I consider this a critical missing functionality.

I have searched and heard about this "standalone modelviewer" I haven't found any recent official setup.

EDIT: I found this standalone one on some ftp, will see how it goes.

EDIT2: Meh doesn't work, the latest edModelViewer installed and GraphicsCore.DLL was missing, so I put the one in 1.5 over, and it's an Entry Point Not Found, error cannot find atmosphere@enlight ...

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

it used to re-load when you chose reload model, will bring this up with devs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

it used to re-load when you chose reload model, will bring this up with devs.

Please do!

Would be most helpful. Thanks.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Well, in the other thread I was also mentioning that I can't limit the FPS, so it's blasting at 300 FPS, that would also be helpful because if I can leave it open and reload liveries is one thing, but then I might find myself closing it down after I get sick of the fans blowing and electricity bill rising.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

i havent gotten a FPS Limit to work either, also brought up to devs.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

• 6 months later...

ModelViewer won't "reload" textures!

Hi.

I couldn't find a reload command for textures. Then I got that reloading model would reload textures, but it won't.

To refresh/update texture we made, we have to restart Modelviewer each time!

Please, could you fix it?

Thanks.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Yes, actually I've read them, but I want someone to pay attention again.

I assume that no one reported this to ED.

Knock knock...

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 6 months later...

With 2.5-included ModelViewer, FPS is still through the roof when the app has focus, making my video card whine.

Also, CTRL-L to display Liveries dialog does not work.

The Liveries window default size should be increased or saved and restored between sessions.

---

EDIT: Going back to ModelViewer just now I found a reasonable framerate of 44. I don't know what changed since yesterday, except the fact I wrote this message! I'll share my findings, if any.

Edited by Jack McCoy
New findings

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

With 2.5-included ModelViewer, FPS is still through the roof when the app has focus, making my video card whine.

The Liveries window default size should be increased or saved and restored between sessions.

+1

The liveries dialog default size is tiny. Ctrl+L seems like it turns on connectors instead of opening the liveries dialog like it should.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using NVIDIA Inspector to limit FPS in ModelViwer since a long time ago, still do, might fixes the issue if you'Re using NVIDIA cards as a fix until the graphic LUA or CFG for in game limitation affects Modelviwer as well.

+1

The liveries dialog default size is tiny. Ctrl+L seems like it turns on connectors instead of opening the liveries dialog like it should.

Indeed... and you have to load / activate the liveries dialog every time you start model viewer.

It used to be not so.....

Al in all, quite a cumbersome program, needs much improvement.

But I guess they have their hands full with all the issues in 2.5.

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

• 2 weeks later...

---

EDIT: Going back to ModelViewer just now I found a reasonable framerate of 44. I don't know what changed since yesterday, except the fact I wrote this message! I'll share my findings, if any.

That whine from your graphics card is called coil whine and is present in some GPUs, it's when your GPU is at full load.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Director | Team Coordinator

PC Specs:

• Intel I7 8700k 4.7Ghz
  • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 Motherboard
  • 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz Ram
  • 500GB Samsung Evo 850 SSD

OK, I've made a new list of Issues to submit:

w/ Integrated model viewer :

- The Dialog Windows no longer save position/size/visible status

- Reload Button doesn't reload textures from Harddisk, but from cache, so no changes are actually loaded.

- FPS Limiters Don't work (in ModelViewer CFG Files or External Programs)

- CTRL+L for Liveries Dialog doesn't work

OK, I've made a new list of Issues to submit:

w/ Integrated model viewer :

- Reload Button doesn't reload textures from Harddisk, but from cache, so no changes are actually loaded.

:thumbup:

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

Summary:

The Following Issues have been observed when using the Integrated ModelViewer from /DCS World/Bin/ModelViewer

- Reload Model Button doesn't reload model/textures

Details:

Specifically, The Liveries Dialog and Connectors Dialog, They Do not save Size/Position or Visibility Status, even though the CFG File has the options set:

LiveriesDialog = {
y = 625,
x = 1002,
h = 256,
w = 256,
visible = true,
}

ConnectorsDialog = {
y = 449,
x = 929,
h = 511,
w = 486,
visible = true,
}

- Reload Button doesn't reload models/textures

When Viewing a Model, If Changes are Made to the Textures or to the EDM Model Itself, and Re-Exported from 3DS Max or Photoshop etc, When Choosing the "RELOAD MODEL" Option, the MODEL and Textures are not refreshed, the existing model and textures are reloaded as is, as if they are being loaded from memory or cache instead of the updated EDM/DDS/BMP/TGA Files. User has the Close the ModelViewer and Re-Open to View Changes to Texture Files or EDM Model.

When Setting FPS Limiter in AMD Settings or Forcing VSYNC, the FPS Exceeds those values (Upwards of 100-200 FrPS) when Application is the Application of Focus (Active Window), When Choosing another open window on the desktop, FPS of The Model Viewer Will Drop to 30 FrPS as long as it's not the Application of Focus.

FPS Should Not Exceed VSYNC/Target FrPS Set in AMD Settings/nVidia CP when Application is the Active/Focus Application.

Pressing CTRL + L to bring up Liveries Dialog does not work.

• 1 month later...

Nothing yet, I just set my autoexec to load the edm and livery every time I open it.

Close, edit in photoshop, launch again.

either way it's reported so it's in the system.

• 1 month later...

Please consider fixing these issues a priority especially the broken reload model which does not refresh changes made to the model.

The amount of pain and frustration, not to mention the wasted time, for going through all the necessary steps EVERY SINGLE TIME is just too much!

Thanks,

Shahriar

Edited by Shahriar0

Please consider fixing these issues a priority especially the broken reload model which does not refresh changes made to the model.

The amount of pain and frustration, not to mention the wasted time, for going through all the necessary steps EVERY SINGLE TIME is just too much!

Thanks,

Shahriar

ED? Still nothing?

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

• 1 month later...

Months are passing by with no progress on these issues. Apparently ED has decided not to even respond to queries about the status and priority of the case! It's disappointing and frustrating too. As a result, I have decided not to take up any additional skin development projects until this is fixed!

Months are passing by with no progress on these issues. Apparently ED has decided not to even respond to queries about the status and priority of the case! It's disappointing and frustrating too. As a result, I have decided not to take up any additional skin development projects until this is fixed!

Totally agree. :thumbup:

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

the issues were reported.

The Standalone ModelViewer refreshes liveries when Reload Model is used.