Bomb blast effectiveness fix

Hi guys,

Appreciate all the hard work you are putting in, however the ineffectiveness of most bombs detracts somewhat from the realism of the simulator. I've done some pretty extensive testing within the sim with regards to documented lethal blast radius and damage effectiveness and have concluded that simply changing the explosivePercent parameter to 1.0 within the warheads lua provides a far more realistic blast effect on ground targets.

Is there any chance this simple change could be rolled out across all versions of the sim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by tombeckett2285

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

Ive always enjoyed doing bombing runs in BMS as the bombs seem to be far more lethal, and the large smoke effects make you feel like you did some damage, After a bombing run in DCS it looks like someones set the bbq on fire...

I love the large smoke effects from ships in 1.5.6 version..Thats more what i would expect to see after a bomb hits something that has fuel in it..

AEF JetwasH | 161 SQN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

^<<<<<<<<<<<<<<the explosive_percent parameter to 1.0 within the warheads lua provides a far more realistic blast effect on ground targets.<<<<<<

Hello,

could you please discribe this fix more detailed ?

I`m not familiar with lua.

Perhaps what line # or a screenshot.

Would be nice.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

^<<<<<<<<<<<<<<the explosive_percent parameter to 1.0 within the warheads lua provides a far more realistic blast effect on ground targets.<<<<<<

Hello,

could you please discribe this fix more detailed ?

I`m not familiar with lua.

Perhaps what line # or a screenshot.

Would be nice.

Make sure you have Notepad++ installed.

Navigate to Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Database\Weapons

Open the warheads.lua file using Notepad++.

At the top of the file on line 22 there is a statement

local explosivePercent = 0.4

Simply change the 0.4 to 1.0, then save the file. You may have to relaunch Notepad++ in administrator mode if your install is in the C:\Program Files directory.

"The only replacement for a Buccaneer is a Buccaneer".

• 2 months later...